Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: remove <br> not in section
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting remove <br> not in section Post 302491375 by dba_frog on Thursday 27th of January 2011 09:05:02 AM
Old 01-27-2011
TY, that worked

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

New section

What are the chances of possibly posting some of the more common how-to type stuff for the newbies so we can avoid the repititious stuff that appears every other day? Not so much like a Q&A forum, but more like a reference area for the mundane stuff. Beyond searching the forum, I think people... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ober5861
3 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

New Section

Just like we have a section "Unix for dummies..." , why not have a section on UNIX BACKUP AND RECOVERY Thanks :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kapilv
3 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Windows section?!?

Since when did unix.com become unixandwindows.com? Just my opinion, but I think this forum should stick to what it does well: providing Unix knowledge. Is there any user preference for ignoring a particular topic section? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PxT
4 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

apple section

Why I can see 3 from 80 topics in apple section? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kezzol
1 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

New section

Hi Just a thought if it already hasn't been suggested. While looking at the forums I thought it might be a good idea under somewhere like 'special forums' add a section called 'projects'. I think this would be good for people to be able to post projects they have created. For example I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: woofie
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove certain section from the line

A typical line looks like this... ) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_bin AUTO_INCREMENT=129 COMMENT='Compiled E-Mails';I want to remove DEFAULT CHARSET= and COLLATE= after resetting AUTO_INCREMENT=0 I do not want to change the engine and comment. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shantanuo
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and Remove No data Section

Hello, I have written a script that removes duplicates within a file and places them in another report. File: ABC1 012345 header ABC2 7890-000 ABC3 012345 Content Header ABC5 593.0000 587.4800 ABC5 593.5000 587.6580 ABC5 593.5000 587.6580 ABC1 67890 header ABC2 1234-0001 ABC3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: petersf
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract section of file based on word in section

I have a list of Servers in no particular order as follows: virtualMachines="IIBSBS IIBVICDMS01 IIBVICMA01"And I am generating some output from a pre-existing script that gives me the following (this is a sample output selection). 9/17/2010 8:00:05 PM: Normal backup using VDRBACKUPS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jelloir
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Prepend first line of section to each line until the next section header

I have searched in a variety of ways in a variety of places but have come up empty. I would like to prepend a portion of a section header to each following line until the next section header. I have been using sed for most things up until now but I'd go for a solution in just about anything--... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pagrus
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Grep of by section?

I have a script that outputs this as a file John Smith ---------------- memberOf: example1;sampletest;test memberOf: example2;sampletest;test memberOf: example3;sampletest;test memberOf: example4;sampletest;test A Member of 4 Groups Sally Smith ---------------- memberOf:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajetangay
4 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. Please notice this option isn't related to the terminal length as in a "80 culums terminal". --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do right to left (RTL) layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter and A4. Default is A4. Postscript points Each postscript point equals to 1/72 of an inch. 36 points are 1/2 of an inch. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --gutter-width=gw Set gutter width. Default is 40 postscript points. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)