Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Directory size limit
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Directory size limit Post 302491352 by goodvikings on Thursday 27th of January 2011 07:34:03 AM
Old 01-27-2011
uhhh lofs, I think.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Limit size of the file

How do I limit size of a file to 1 MB or something like that under Linux? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: _hp_
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

File Size Limit

Hi, I have a problem writing or copying a file 2GB or larger to either the second or third disk on my C8000. I've searched this forum and found some good information on this but still nothing to solve the problem. I'm running hpux 11i, JFS3.3 and disk version 4 (from fstyp) on all 3 disks. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HaidoodFaulkauf
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Limit Folder Size

Is there a way to limit a certain folder size(e.g. Documents, Desktop)? :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tisdmin
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can I limit the size of a directory?

Hi, I am not root, but I need to limit the size of my directory, so that it cannot contain more than 200M of stuff inside. Is this possible? Also, how can I see the total size of that directory? If I do ls -ltrd, it does not give me the size of all the files inside the directory. And if I do df... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
6 Replies

5. Linux

Limit directory size

Hello I want to limit the size of a directory; so a user cant copy more staff inside it then 5 Giga for example.. eg. /nfs/temp/jhon size can not increase more that 5Gb I havnt found anything on the net. Is there a way to do it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jredx
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

logrotate size limit

Hi i configured log rotate for a specific file. /var/log/sauer i configured create a file in logrotate.d # cat /etc/logrotate.d/sauer #this is a logrotate configuration file for msu_ng logs /var/log/sauer { rotate 5 size=1M daily compress ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: modcan
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

file size limit?

hi, how can I find out what the limit of a file size is on unix? thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Limit on a File size.

Hi All, I want to store 32KB of file in Oracle DB into CLOB field. I am not able to insert more than 32KB of file into CLOB. So i want to put a limit on the file size. I am using k shell. My file size will dynamically increase its size, i want to check the file size if it is more than 32KB... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajeshorpu
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete some of the files in the directory, if the directory size limits the specified size

To find the whole size of a particular directory i use "du -sk /dirname".. but after finding the direcory's size how do i make conditions like if the size of the dir is more than 1 GB i hav to delete some of the files inside the dir (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaal89
0 Replies

10. AIX

Limit directory Size in AIX

Hello I have a disk mounted on my AIX server and inside the disk, I want to create 3 directories with max size limit, so that the directories can be limited to pre-defined size. Eg: My total disk size is 350 GB and I want to limit dir1 to max of 100 GB, dir 2 to 75 GB and dir 3 to 60 GB and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
3 Replies
lofs(7FS)                                                          File Systems                                                          lofs(7FS)

NAME
lofs - loopback virtual file system SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/param.h> #include <sys/mount.h> int mount (const char* dir, const char* virtual, int mflag, lofs, NULL, 0); DESCRIPTION
The loopback file system device allows new, virtual file systems to be created, which provide access to existing files using alternate pathnames. Once the virtual file system is created, other file systems can be mounted within it, without affecting the original file sys- tem. However, file systems which are subsequently mounted onto the original file system are visible to the virtual file system, unless or until the corresponding mount point in the virtual file system is covered by a file system mounted there. virtual is the mount point for the virtual file system. dir is the pathname of the existing file system. mflag specifies the mount options; the MS_DATA bit in mflag must be set. If the MS_RDONLY bit in mflag is not set, accesses to the loop back file system are the same as for the underlying file system. Otherwise, all accesses in the loopback file system will be read-only. All other mount(2) options are inherited from the underlying file systems. A loopback mount of '/' onto /tmp/newroot allows the entire file system hierarchy to appear as if it were duplicated under /tmp/newroot, including any file systems mounted from remote NFS servers. All files would then be accessible either from a pathname relative to '/' or from a pathname relative to /tmp/newroot until such time as a file system is mounted in /tmp/newroot, or any of its subdirectories. Loopback mounts of '/' can be performed in conjunction with the chroot(2) system call, to provide a complete virtual file system to a process or family of processes. Recursive traversal of loopback mount points is not allowed. After the loopback mount of /tmp/newroot, the file /tmp/newroot/tmp/newroot does not contain yet another file system hierarchy; rather, it appears just as /tmp/newroot did before the loopback mount was performed (for example, as an empty directory). Examples lofs file systems are mounted using: mount -F lofs /tmp /mnt SEE ALSO
lofiadm(1M), mount(1M), chroot(2), mount(2), sysfs(2), vfstab(4), lofi(7D) WARNINGS
Loopback mounts must be used with care; the potential for confusing users and applications is enormous. A loopback mount entry in /etc/vfstab must be placed after the mount points of both directories it depends on. This is most easily accomplished by making the loop- back mount entry the last in /etc/vfstab. SunOS 5.10 10 Apr 2001 lofs(7FS)