Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: solaris ping timeout
Operating Systems Solaris solaris ping timeout Post 302491338 by citaylor on Thursday 27th of January 2011 07:00:51 AM
Old 01-27-2011
This article discusses the one MAC/multiple NIC issue, and how to disable that....might be worth a try if you're allowed a reboot.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris Based Ping Sweeper

good morning, anybody know of a good Freeware ping sweeper for Solaris, I've been given the job of finding active IP's on the network, would like a tool which can search for range or address's do you know of anything cheers Kie (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kie
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

solaris telnet idle timeout

I have put TMOUT=1800;export TMOUT in the /etc/profile, put it does not work, by the way the root default shell is sh. but I wana every one including root to terminate the session after setting idle for 1800 seconds. thank for the help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kahn630
1 Replies

3. Solaris

solaris 9 console inactivity timeout

All, I log into Solaris 9 server through a command line at the console and want enable a inactivity timer to log out of the server after 5 minutes. How can it be done? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bubba112557
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 8 - Session timeout

Hi, anyone Audit requirement to set the Solaris 8 server session timeout to 180 sec , Please advice how can I do it .... Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: civic2005
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Can't ping using hostname on Solaris 10

I recently installed Solaris 10 on my Sun workstation. I cannot ping using hostname from another computer on the same network. But I can ping using the IP address. Also I can ping other systems using their hostnames. Can anyone give some information regarding how to resolve this issue. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alpha123
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ping and telnet timeout

Hello, I need help, I have the following which save in the result file ping and telnet:port test. Basically the script works but I should implement a check on ping and telnet command so that ping has 5 seconds threshold and telnet (more important) 10 seconds. Over that threshold ping and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: marmellata
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Animation Ping on Solaris Like Cisco Ping

Hi, I develop simple animation ping script on Solaris Platform. It is like Cisco ping. Examples and source code are below. bash-3.00$ gokcell 152.155.180.8 30 Sending 30 Ping Packets to 152.155.180.8 !!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. % 93.33 success... % 6.66 packet loss...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gokcell
1 Replies

8. AIX

High Ping Timeout

Hi All Unix Fellows... Any encounter high ping timeout in AIX Server ? I scheduled the job to ping all the same segments servers all the time for 2 days without terminate. Found sometimes there are time the ping timeout is quite high ie. 10000ms but most of time is 0ms. what cause this ? is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckwan
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

ping with timeout bash

Hi experts: I want to do below thing with bash if ping 192.168.0.1 sucussful then do somthing without delay, if ping failed within 20s, then kill ping and exit not sure this can use "alarm" to do this. any code will be welcome Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
1 Replies

10. AIX

Able to ping the server but not able to login through putty it says network timeout

Able to ping the server but not able to login through putty it says network timeout Please assist (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
3 Replies
SETETHER(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       SETETHER(8)

NAME
setether - Set the ethernet address for use with DECnet SYNOPSIS
setether <if> [<if>...]|all [options] DESCRIPTION
Set ethernet MAC address on ethernet adaptors This script should be run at system startup. It will change the ethernet hardware (MAC) address of any or all ethernet interfaces to match the DECnet node address. DECnet requires that the MAC address of all ethernet adaptors running the protocol be set approriately. If you do not run setether then you must change the ethernet address in some other way for DECnet to work. By default no ethernet interfaces will have their MAC addresses changed by setether, if you specify all then all interfaces name eth* will be changed, otherwise a list of interface names can be specified. setether will enable (UP) all interfaces it changes the MAC addresses of. (2.4 only) The first interface specified on the command-line will also be made the default interface for DECnet operations (ie attempts to contact nodes not in the neighbour table will be done over this interface). This script must be run with the interface inactive, it is normally run from /etc/init.d/decnet before TCP/IP starts up. EXAMPLES
set the MAC address of eth0. # /sbin/setether eth0 set the MAC address of all ethernet interfaces # /sbin/setether all HELPFUL HINTS
If you have multiple ethernet cards on your system and they are connected to the the same network you should specify which one you want to use for DECnet communication on the setether command line, otherwise they will both be given the same MAC address and this is probably not what you want. Running DECnet on multiple ethernet interfaces only works under Linux 2.4. If you are running Linux 2.2 then the interface name on the setether command line must match the one in /etc/decnet.conf(5). SEE ALSO
decnet.conf(5), dntype(1), dndir(1), dndel(1), dnetd(8), dnping(1) DECnet utilities March 01 2001 SETETHER(8)