Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: solaris ping timeout
Operating Systems Solaris solaris ping timeout Post 302491336 by citaylor on Thursday 27th of January 2011 06:56:42 AM
Old 01-27-2011
Ah yes...I seem to remember somewhere in my brain that Solaris does/did the odd thing of having the same hardware MAC address for multiple NIC's doesnt it ? Could that be confusing the switch ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris Based Ping Sweeper

good morning, anybody know of a good Freeware ping sweeper for Solaris, I've been given the job of finding active IP's on the network, would like a tool which can search for range or address's do you know of anything cheers Kie (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kie
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

solaris telnet idle timeout

I have put TMOUT=1800;export TMOUT in the /etc/profile, put it does not work, by the way the root default shell is sh. but I wana every one including root to terminate the session after setting idle for 1800 seconds. thank for the help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kahn630
1 Replies

3. Solaris

solaris 9 console inactivity timeout

All, I log into Solaris 9 server through a command line at the console and want enable a inactivity timer to log out of the server after 5 minutes. How can it be done? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bubba112557
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 8 - Session timeout

Hi, anyone Audit requirement to set the Solaris 8 server session timeout to 180 sec , Please advice how can I do it .... Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: civic2005
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Can't ping using hostname on Solaris 10

I recently installed Solaris 10 on my Sun workstation. I cannot ping using hostname from another computer on the same network. But I can ping using the IP address. Also I can ping other systems using their hostnames. Can anyone give some information regarding how to resolve this issue. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alpha123
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ping and telnet timeout

Hello, I need help, I have the following which save in the result file ping and telnet:port test. Basically the script works but I should implement a check on ping and telnet command so that ping has 5 seconds threshold and telnet (more important) 10 seconds. Over that threshold ping and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: marmellata
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Animation Ping on Solaris Like Cisco Ping

Hi, I develop simple animation ping script on Solaris Platform. It is like Cisco ping. Examples and source code are below. bash-3.00$ gokcell 152.155.180.8 30 Sending 30 Ping Packets to 152.155.180.8 !!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. % 93.33 success... % 6.66 packet loss...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gokcell
1 Replies

8. AIX

High Ping Timeout

Hi All Unix Fellows... Any encounter high ping timeout in AIX Server ? I scheduled the job to ping all the same segments servers all the time for 2 days without terminate. Found sometimes there are time the ping timeout is quite high ie. 10000ms but most of time is 0ms. what cause this ? is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckwan
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

ping with timeout bash

Hi experts: I want to do below thing with bash if ping 192.168.0.1 sucussful then do somthing without delay, if ping failed within 20s, then kill ping and exit not sure this can use "alarm" to do this. any code will be welcome Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
1 Replies

10. AIX

Able to ping the server but not able to login through putty it says network timeout

Able to ping the server but not able to login through putty it says network timeout Please assist (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
3 Replies
MAC-VENDOR(5)							File Formats Manual						     MAC-VENDOR(5)

NAME
mac-vendor - Ethernet vendor file for arp-scan SYNOPSIS
mac-vendor.txt DESCRIPTION
The mac-vendor.txt contains Ethernet MAC to vendor string mappings for arp-scan. It is used in addition to the IEEE OUI and IAB listings in ieee-oui.txt and ieee-iab.txt. It is for MAC-vendor mappings that are not covered by the IEEE manufacturer listings. Each line in the mac-vendor.txt file contains a MAC-vendor mapping in the form: <MAC-Prefix><TAB><Vendor> Where <MAC-Prefix> is the prefix of the MAC address in hex, and <Vendor> is the name of the vendor. The prefix can be of any length from two hex digits (one octet) to twelve hex digits (six octets, the entire Ethernet hardware address). The alphabetic hex characters [A-F] must be entered in upper case. For example: 012345 would match 01:23:45:xx:xx:xx, where xx represents any value; 0123456 would match 01:23:45:6x:xx:xx; and 01234567 would match 01:23:45:67:xx:xx. Blank lines and lines beginning with "#" are ignored. The order of entries in the file is not important. arp-scan will attempt to match larger prefixes before trying to match smaller ones, and will stop at the first match. FILES
/usr/local/share/arp-scan/mac-vendor.txt EXAMPLE
# From nmap Debian bug report #369681 dated 31 May 2006 525400 QEMU B0C420 Bochs # From RFC 2338: 00-00-5E-00-01-{VRID} 00005E0001 VRRP (last octet is VRID) # Microsoft WLBS (Windows NT Load Balancing Service) # http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/acs/reskit/acrkappb.mspx 02BF Microsoft WLBS (last four octets are IP address) AUTHOR
Roy Hills <Roy.Hills@nta-monitor.com> SEE ALSO
arp-scan(1) get-oui(1) get-iab(1) arp-fingerprint(1) http://www.nta-monitor.com/wiki/ The arp-scan wiki page. March 30, 2007 MAC-VENDOR(5)