Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: solaris ping timeout
Operating Systems Solaris solaris ping timeout Post 302491321 by magnimious on Thursday 27th of January 2011 06:42:14 AM
Old 01-27-2011
Hi,

Thanks for quick replies.

Below is the netstat output

# netstat -rn

Routing Table: IPv4
Destination Gateway Flags Ref Use Interface
-------------------- -------------------- ----- ----- ------ ---------
10.35.65.0 10.35.65.55 U 1 4 ce1
10.35.65.0 10.35.65.51 U 1 0 ce2
10.60.4.0 10.35.65.1 UG 1 2
10.35.0.0 10.35.65.1 UG 1 0
224.0.0.0 10.35.65.51 U 1 0 ce2
default 192.168.196.1 UG 1 15
127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1 UH 2 8202 lo0

I am going to check "tracereoute -p 22 some_box-sshd_running"

By the way, we tried with different cable, but still got the same problem

Last edited by magnimious; 01-27-2011 at 08:24 AM.. Reason: additional info

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris Based Ping Sweeper

good morning, anybody know of a good Freeware ping sweeper for Solaris, I've been given the job of finding active IP's on the network, would like a tool which can search for range or address's do you know of anything cheers Kie (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kie
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

solaris telnet idle timeout

I have put TMOUT=1800;export TMOUT in the /etc/profile, put it does not work, by the way the root default shell is sh. but I wana every one including root to terminate the session after setting idle for 1800 seconds. thank for the help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kahn630
1 Replies

3. Solaris

solaris 9 console inactivity timeout

All, I log into Solaris 9 server through a command line at the console and want enable a inactivity timer to log out of the server after 5 minutes. How can it be done? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bubba112557
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 8 - Session timeout

Hi, anyone Audit requirement to set the Solaris 8 server session timeout to 180 sec , Please advice how can I do it .... Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: civic2005
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Can't ping using hostname on Solaris 10

I recently installed Solaris 10 on my Sun workstation. I cannot ping using hostname from another computer on the same network. But I can ping using the IP address. Also I can ping other systems using their hostnames. Can anyone give some information regarding how to resolve this issue. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alpha123
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ping and telnet timeout

Hello, I need help, I have the following which save in the result file ping and telnet:port test. Basically the script works but I should implement a check on ping and telnet command so that ping has 5 seconds threshold and telnet (more important) 10 seconds. Over that threshold ping and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: marmellata
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Animation Ping on Solaris Like Cisco Ping

Hi, I develop simple animation ping script on Solaris Platform. It is like Cisco ping. Examples and source code are below. bash-3.00$ gokcell 152.155.180.8 30 Sending 30 Ping Packets to 152.155.180.8 !!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. % 93.33 success... % 6.66 packet loss...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gokcell
1 Replies

8. AIX

High Ping Timeout

Hi All Unix Fellows... Any encounter high ping timeout in AIX Server ? I scheduled the job to ping all the same segments servers all the time for 2 days without terminate. Found sometimes there are time the ping timeout is quite high ie. 10000ms but most of time is 0ms. what cause this ? is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckwan
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

ping with timeout bash

Hi experts: I want to do below thing with bash if ping 192.168.0.1 sucussful then do somthing without delay, if ping failed within 20s, then kill ping and exit not sure this can use "alarm" to do this. any code will be welcome Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
1 Replies

10. AIX

Able to ping the server but not able to login through putty it says network timeout

Able to ping the server but not able to login through putty it says network timeout Please assist (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
3 Replies
inet_type(4)							   File Formats 						      inet_type(4)

NAME
inet_type - default Internet protocol type SYNOPSIS
/etc/default/inet_type DESCRIPTION
The inet_type file defines the default IP protocol to use. Currently this file is only used by the ifconfig(1M) and netstat(1M) commands. The inet_type file can contain a number of <variable>=<value> lines. Currently, the only variable defined is DEFAULT_IP, which can be assigned a value of IP_VERSION4, IP_VERSION6, or BOTH. The output displayed by the ifconfig and netstat commands can be controlled by the value of DEFAULT_IP set in inet_type file. By default, both commands display the IPv4 and IPv6 information available on the system. The user can choose to suppress display of IPv6 information by setting the value of DEFAULT_IP. The following shows the possible values for DEFAULT_IP and the resulting ifconfig and netstat output that will be displayed: IP_VERSION4 Displays only IPv4 related information. The output displayed is backward compatible with older versions of the ifconfig(1M) and netstat(1M) commands. IP_VERSION6 Displays both IPv4 and IPv6 related information for ifconfig and netstat. BOTH Displays both IPv4 and IPv6 related information for ifconfig and netstat. The command-line options to the ifconfig and netstat commands override the effect of DEFAULT_IP as set in the inet_type file. For example, even if the value of DEFAULT_IP is IP_VERSION4, the command example% ifconfig -a6 will display all IPv6 interfaces. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Suppressing IPv6 Related Output This is what the inet_type file must contain if you want to suppress IPv6 related output: DEFAULT_IP=IP_VERSION4 SEE ALSO
ifconfig(1M), netstat(1M) SunOS 5.10 16 Jun 1999 inet_type(4)