Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: New interactive installation
Operating Systems Solaris New interactive installation Post 302491197 by ijeoma on Thursday 27th of January 2011 01:26:58 AM
Old 01-27-2011
New interactive installation

I just took delivery of an Ultra Sparc 60 box. I tried to install Solaris 10 from the cdrom by issuing the following command at ok prompt: ok boot cdrom, and I am getting an error message that says: "Boot device: /pci@1f,4000/scsi@3/disk@6,0:f File and args: can't open boot device. What am I looking at here? Could the cdrom drive be bad, or did I get a bad copy of the os.

Thanks in advance for helping me out.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Interactive String

I intend to write a script, where the user will supply the name of the specific string that script should work on. The first question is how do I accept the string, i.e interactively? and the second question how would the string be refrenced ? Thanks in advance, Odogbolu98 :( (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: odogbolu98
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Interactive Mode?

:confused: Can anyone please tell me how to get into Interactive Mode? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nomad
2 Replies

3. Solaris

installation of Solaris: installation bypasses network config.

hello solaris friends, I've tried installing Sun Solaris 10.0, but everytime it seems to bypass the network config. screen that looks similar to this...here's the url: http://www.hup.hu/old/images/hup/Solaris/Sol10beta7/9.png I'm able to install it all the way through but I get no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cadmiumgreen
2 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help with Interactive / Non Interactive Shell script

Q. Write a script that behaves both in interactive and non interactive mode. When no arguments are supplied it picks up each C program from the directory and prints first 10 lines. It then prompts for deletion of the file. If user supplies arguments with the script , then it works on those files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rits
1 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to write script that behaves both in interactive and non interactive mode

Q. Write a script that behaves both in interactive and non interactive mode. When no arguments are supplied it picks up each C program from the directory and prints first 10 lines. It then prompts for deletion of the file. If user supplies arguments with the script , then it works on those files... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rits
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Interactive script

Greetings gurus I have this simple scripts #!/bin/bash find /kl1/CTT/TQI_001/330_spike/sz00/latcon1/ -type d -name "*.dig" > data_schema find /kl1/CTT/TQI_001/330_spike/sz00/latcon1/ -type d -name "*.dig" >> data_schema <data.schema awk '{print NR, "inVol=" $0, "setDt=4000",... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Marjan
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash interactive installation script

Hi, for an exercise I need to write a script that will ask the user about each package in a (local) repository and install it or not according to the user's input. I am fairly new to scripting, so I did not get very far. Here is what I came up with. I really appreciate your help. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Softsmid
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH non-interactive

Hi, I want to know how to use SSH non-interactively? I am already able to use sftp -b <batch file> user@host so public/private key set-up already is in place. But my supervisor has told me to use SSH now I want to know how it can be done? I want to do something like: done_files=`ssh ls... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
7 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 flash installation - fatal error. Solaris installation program exited.

Not very helpful to say the least. Seems to read the flar file and go through the upgrade and then come up with this error. Any ideas? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
1 Replies
SDL_CDPlayTracks(3)						 SDL API Reference					       SDL_CDPlayTracks(3)

NAME
SDL_CDPlayTracks - Play the given CD track(s) SYNOPSIS
#include "SDL.h" int SDL_CDPlayTracks(SDL_CD *cdrom, int start_track, int start_frame, int ntracks, int nframes)); DESCRIPTION
SDL_CDPlayTracks plays the given CD starting at track start_track, for ntracks tracks. start_frame is the frame offset, from the beginning of the start_track, at which to start. nframes is the frame offset, from the beginning of the last track (start_track+ntracks), at which to end playing. SDL_CDPlayTracks should only be called after calling SDL_CDStatus to get track information about the CD. Note: Data tracks are ignored. RETURN VALUE
Returns 0, or -1 if there was an error. EXAMPLES
/* assuming cdrom is a previously opened device */ /* Play the entire CD */ if(CD_INDRIVE(SDL_CDStatus(cdrom))) SDL_CDPlayTracks(cdrom, 0, 0, 0, 0); /* Play the first track */ if(CD_INDRIVE(SDL_CDStatus(cdrom))) SDL_CDPlayTracks(cdrom, 0, 0, 1, 0); /* Play first 15 seconds of the 2nd track */ if(CD_INDRIVE(SDL_CDStatus(cdrom))) SDL_CDPlayTracks(cdrom, 1, 0, 0, CD_FPS*15); SEE ALSO
SDL_CDPlay, SDL_CDStatus, SDL_CD SDL
Tue 11 Sep 2001, 22:58 SDL_CDPlayTracks(3)