Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming AIX linker oddities...what is going on? Post 302491098 by citaylor on Wednesday 26th of January 2011 05:17:00 PM
Old 01-26-2011
Ive always found the AIX linker to be an oddity - different from most of the others...
I believe GNU get around it using "libtool" - If you use that on all your build platforms, it works out what and how to link what you need (and will do stuff like setting the rpath in the shared object - something you may not have thought about)

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linker (ld)

hai I have installed Linux 7.0 on my system and i have an doubt the linker i ran simple hello.c program with gcc compiler gcc -c hello.c i want linker to produce the output so i put on the command line as ld first.o -lc but it is not running ver properly but there is an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajashekaran
1 Replies

2. Solaris

ftp oddities

I have recently set up a connection b/t a sun ultra 60 running solaris 8 and a regular old pc running XP. Unfortunately I only know a little bit about networking thanks to Winblows plug and play mentality. Can anyone tell me why my connection from PC to sun is intermittant? The IP is always... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Serious_Lee
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

dynamic linker error

Hi All Could anyone help in giving a little background to the following runtime error. /usr/lib/pa20_64/dld.sl: Mmap failed due to errno: 13. Seen when executing a 64-bit ELF executable. Thanks Ed (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: C3000
3 Replies

4. Linux

G++ Linker Error

Hi All, I m new to this group. I m facing one problem during my linking of CPP code at Linux env. after compliation i m getting error "undefined reference to ....." Please anyone help me to resolve this error. Regards, ASR make: Leaving directory /fwk' echo g++ -o server ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ASRRAJ
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

Hp-ux linker option -c

Hi, The necessary symbols in a shared library can be exported to the application using linker option --version-script in Linux. The same can be done in Hp-ux using linker option +e. This can also be done by listing all the global symbols with +e in a file with linker option ld -c filename in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: roopa_v
0 Replies

6. Programming

GCC: Choose my own linker

Hi, I do not use the default linker, and instead us another one and pass this argument -Wl,--dynamic-linker=<path to linker> to gcc when compiling. However, what happens if the linker is not under /lib and /lib64 and I am not able to create a symlink to the linker in /lib or /lib64 due to no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shompis
2 Replies

7. Programming

gcc linker address

Hai, I have two (Pgm1.c and Pgm2.c) simple programs, which is compiled using gcc. Now we have two exe's (Pgm1 and Pgm2). When i executed the nm Pgm1 and nm Pgm2, in the listed symbols the address of main is same for both programs (08048344 T main) at run time also. Doubt: 1) What is this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajamohan
3 Replies

8. Solaris

runtime linker errors

Hey guys I have a solaris 10 OS, with a zone configured. In that zone, I am trying to install an Oracle Client. However, when I run the oracle installer, I get the following error: ld.so.1: java: fatal: libexpat.so.0: open failed: No such file or directory ld.so.1: java: fatal:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goodvikings
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Runtime Linker Problems ld.so.1

Hello all, I am releatively new to Solaris and I am the System administrator for my branch at the FAA. This is the first time I can say I have really messed something up thankfully. My issue came up after installing and uninstalling Oracle Secure Backup which i felt I needed to do a clean... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbirkes
7 Replies
LV2SONAME(1)						      General Commands Manual						      LV2SONAME(1)

NAME
lv2soname - script which can be used in your build system to translate a linker option into the soname DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the lv2soname command. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. lv2soname script can be used in your build system to translate a linker option (e.g. -lgtkmm2.4) into the soname (e.g. libgtkmm-2.4.so.1) for the shared library that ld will link to when given that command line option. It will generate the RDF triples needed to tell hosts that the library with that soname must never be unloaded even after your plugin GUI library has been unloaded. e.g. $ lv2soname '<http://my.gui>' '<http://lv2plug.in/ns/lv2core#requiredFeature>' -lgtkmm-2.4 If the script for some reason can't determine the soname it will instead generate the RDF needed to tell the host to never unload the GUI library at all. However pretty much the same thing can be done by linking the plugin GUI using the -z nodelete linker option, which will keep the GUI library loaded even after the host runs dlclose(), requiring no extra support from the host. So lv2soname is deprecated and will be removed in the next major version release. For more information please visit http://ll-plugins.nongnu.org AUTHOR
lv2soname was written by Lars Luthman <lars.luthman@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Jaromir Mike <mira.mikes@seznam.cz>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). May 12, 2010 LV2SONAME(1)