Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: rsync via ssh Problem
Operating Systems Solaris rsync via ssh Problem Post 302490940 by sly_dunbar on Wednesday 26th of January 2011 08:24:51 AM
Old 01-26-2011
it was available/present on all machines, even the same version. But apparently it also needs to be in the exact same path/location on the machines. Being in th user's path does not seem to be enough.

---------- Post updated at 08:24 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:18 AM ----------

Ok, BUT:

Only syncing from the solaris machine to a ubuntu machine works now. Meaning: If I issue the command when I am on the solaris machine it works.

When I am on the ubuntu machine I get an error:
-----
bash: rsync: command not found
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [sender]
rsync error: remote command not found (code 127) at io.c(454) [sender=2.6.9]
-----

Could this be because somehow bash or something is loaded when I log in to the solaris machine which sets the PATH. But when issuing the rsync request the Path is not set, because I am not logged in?

Anyone know what I mean?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

rsync problem

Hi, while runninc rsycnc I am getting following error rsync error: received SIGUSR1 or SIGINT (code 20) at rsync.c(229) any idea? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: redlotus72
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

rsync problem!!

I know double posting is not allowed... but I need urgent help on this question... so... please bear with me! I am having a problem with rsyncing 2 directories in my network. Here is the situation: 1. I have a directory tree on the 1 server say: SOURCE 2. I have to rsync this directory tree... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skotapal
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rsync problem

Hi, I wanna synchronize all the /etc settings from my previous server to new one. (Both of them are Debian Etch 4.0) I used this command: rsync -r -vz -e ssh someuser@myOldServer:/etc /etc & rsync -avz -e ssh someuser@myOldServer:/etc /etc These commands told me that everything occur perfectly... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjdousti
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems using rsync in Leopard with SSH... seeking solution/alternative

Precursor: ...it may sound like I'm at least somewhat comfortable with Unix, but I'm far from it. Layman's terms would be greatly appreciated :) Okay, so here's the situation. I created a website using iWeb, and I'm not using a .Mac account (you can sync website in one click if you do). Being... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: compulsiveguile
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

single quote problem with rsync

Hi everybody, I'm a newbie and hope that someone help me in this problem. I have a filename in LINUX with single quote like this: abs@hosttest:~/ABS/BETY/cygdrive/C/DECLARANOT 1.1.4/02 - ROCK/052 - GUNSROSES> dir You* -rw-r--r-- 1 abs users 2365881 2008-08-25 09:16 You're Crazy.mp3 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_boysito
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with rsync

Hi, I am copying files from one server to the other by rsync utilty. I am giving a list file to the rsync and i am writing it to the log also. The problem is that,rsync is not copying the order in which i have given files and links to the list. I can see it, through the log file. I am giving... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vvenu88
7 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

rsync and ssh keys help

Not specifically a mac question, but it's what I am using. I am setting up some replication for some file shares using rsync. The problem is that I am being given a little bit of a twist - I'm supposed to use a non-admin account to do it with. I have 2 boxes - Master and Slave with 1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kleinboy
2 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Rsync problem

Hi Guys does any know the cause of this error on rsync: tried transferring files to a remote server in a NFS share directory and i got that error, previously it was ok. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RobertG
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync from remote machine via ssh and sync by uisng find by modified time

Hi I have a requirement to rsync from remote to local machine via ssh and sync files that are changed in last n hours. pgrep to check if no other sync is running pgrep -f rsync.*/opt > /dev/null || rsync --bwlimit=10000 -avz --delete root@X.X.X.X:/var/source/ /opt/dest/ >> /home/log 2>&1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: robo
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync over ssh

Hi UnixGurus Could you please help me with the below scenario. SERVER1=abc.ins.com SERVER2=exy.ins.com PATH=/home/oracle/backup/ USER=oracle I want to sync $PATH from $SERVER1 to $SERVER2. I used the below command and run the command from $SERVER1 /usr/bin/rsync -arv -e ssh $PATH... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cheers799
1 Replies
install-solaris(1M)                                                                                                            install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)