Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find files that do not match specific patterns Post 302490878 by SandmanCL on Wednesday 26th of January 2011 03:21:36 AM
Old 01-26-2011
Not too elegant, but this perl example should print a list of files that don't match your patterns:

Code:
#!/usr/local/bin/perl

$\ = "\n";

@files = split/\n/,`ls /path/to/your/dir`;
foreach (@files) {
  if (!/^...-..-....\.jpp|^...-..-....-.mi\.jpg/) {
    print;
  }
}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to match patterns in 2 different files.

I am new to shell scripting and need some help. I googled, but couldn't find a similar scenario. Basically, I need to rename a datafile. This is the scenario - I have a file, readonly.txt that has 2 columns - file# and name. I have another file,missing_files.txt that has id and name. Both the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mathews
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using AWK to match CSV files with duplicate patterns

Dear awk users, I am trying to use awk to match records across two moderately large CSV files. File1 is a pattern file with 173,200 lines, many of which are repeated. The order in which these lines are displayed is important, and I would like to preserve it. File2 is a data file with 456,000... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: isuewing
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

move files that match specific conditions

Hi all, I'm new to this forum and bash scripting. I have the following problem, I need to copy some files (from one dir. to another) whose first 5 numbers (subjects' ID) match the directory names. Here a shortened version of what I'm trying to do: names=(32983_f 35416_f 43579_f) # these are... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ada1983
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find diff between two patterns in two files and append

Hi, I'm a newbie at programming in Unix, and I seem to have a task that is greater than I can handle. Trying to learn awk by the way (but in the end, i just need something that works). My goal is to compare two files and output the difference between the two. I've been reading, and I think I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: legato22
5 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Combining files with specific patterns of naming in a directory

Greetings Unix exports, I am facing some problems in combining files with different name patterns with a directory and I would appreciate if you can help me I have more than 1000 files but they follow a specific pattern of naming. e.g. 64Xtest01.txt They are divided into two sets of test and... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: A-V
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find matched patterns in multiple files

Hi, I need help to find matched patterns in 30 files residing in a folder simultaneously. All these files only contain 1 column. For example, File1 Gr_1 st-e34ss-11dd bt-wwd-fewq pt-wq02-ddpk pw-xsw17-aqpp Gr_2 srq-wy09-yyd9 sqq-fdfs-ffs9 Gr_3 etas-qqa-dfw ddw-ppls-qqw... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: redse171
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert a newline after match in files of specific name under some subdirectories?

Hi I'd like to add the newline: \tuser: nobody", or "<TAB>user: nobody to all files named: docker-compose.ymlin subfolders of pwd with names beginning with 10-20. Within these files, I'd like to find the line (there'll only be one) containing: command: celery workerNOTE: As far as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: duncanbetts
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print match or non-match and select fields/patterns for non-matches

In the awk below I am trying to output those lines that Match between file1 and file2, those Missing in file1, and those missing in file2. Using each $1,$2,$4,$5 value as a key to match on, that is if those 4 fields are found in both files the match, but if those 4 fields are not found then missing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash - Find files excluding file patterns and subfolder patterns

Hello. For a given folder, I want to select any files find $PATH1 -f \( -name "*" but omit any files like pattern name ! -iname "*.jpg" ! -iname "*.xsession*" ..... \) and also omit any subfolder like pattern name -type d \( -name "/etc/gconf/gconf.*" -o -name "*cache*" -o -name "*Cache*" -o... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Match patterns between two files and extract certain range of strings

Hi, I need help to match patterns from between two different files and extract region of strings. inputfile1.fa >l-WR24-1:1 GCCGGCGTCGCGGTTGCTCGCGCTCTGGGCGCTGGCGGCTGTGGCTCTACCCGGCTCCGG GGCGGAGGGCGACGGCGGGTGGTGAGCGGCCCGGGAGGGGCCGGGCGGTGGGGTCACGTG... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bunny_merah19
4 Replies
SVN::Hooks::UpdateConfFile(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   SVN::Hooks::UpdateConfFile(3pm)

NAME
SVN::Hooks::UpdateConfFile - Maintain the repository configuration versioned. VERSION
version 1.19 SYNOPSIS
This SVN::Hooks plugin allows you to maintain the repository configuration files under version control. The repository configuration is usually kept in the directory "conf" under the directory where the repository was created. In a brand new repository you see there the files "authz", "passwd", and "svnserve.conf". It's too bad that these important files are usually kept out of any version control system. This plugin tries to solve this problem allowing you to keep these files versioned under the same repository where they are used. It's active in the "pre-commit" and the "post-commit" hooks. It's configured by the following directive. UPDATE_CONF_FILE(FROM, TO, @ARGS) This directive tells that after a successful commit the file FROM, kept under version control, must be copied to TO. FROM can be a string or a qr/Regexp/ specifying the file path relative to the repository's root (e.g. "trunk/src/version.c" or "qr:^conf/(w+).conf$:"). TO is a path relative to the "/repo/conf" directory in the server. It can be an explicit file name or a directory, in which case the basename of FROM is used as the name of the destination file. If FROM is a qr/Regexp/, TO is evaluated as a string in order to allow for the interpolation of capture buffers from the regular expression. This is useful to map the copy operation to a diferent directory structure. For example, this configuration "qr:^conf/(w+).conf$: => '$1.conf'" updates any .conf file in the repository conf directory. The optional @ARGS must be a sequence of pairs like these: validator => ARRAY or CODE A validator is a function or a command (specified by an array of strings that will be passed to the shell) that will check the contents of FROM in the pre-commit hook to see if it's valid. If there is no validator, the contents are considered valid. The function receives three arguments: A string with the contents of FROM A string with the relative path to FROM in the repository An SVN::Look object representing the commit transaction The command is called with three arguments: The path to a temporary copy of FROM The relative path to FROM in the repository The path to the root of the repository in the server generator => ARRAY or CODE A generator is a function or a command (specified by an array of strings that will be passed to the shell) that will transform the contents of FROM in the post-commit hook before copying it to TO. If there is no generator, the contents are copied as is. The function receives the same three arguments as the validator's function above. The command is called with the same three arguments as the validator's command above. actuator => ARRAY or CODE An actuator is a function or a command (specified by an array of strings that will be passed to the shell) that will be invoked after a successful commit of FROM in the post-commit hook. The function receives the same three arguments as the validator's function above. The command is called with the same three arguments as the validator's command above. rotate => NUMBER By default, after each successful commit the TO file is overwriten by the new contents of FROM. With this option, the last NUMBER versions of TO are kept on disk with numeric suffixes ranging from .0 to ".NUMBER-1". This can be useful, for instance, in case you manage to commit a wrong authz file that denies any subsequent commit. UPDATE_CONF_FILE( 'conf/authz' => 'authz', validator => ['/usr/local/bin/svnauthcheck'], generator => ['/usr/local/bin/authz-expand-includes'], actuator => ['/usr/local/bin/notify-auth-change'], rotate => 2, ); UPDATE_CONF_FILE( 'conf/svn-hooks.conf' => 'svn-hooks.conf', validator => [qw(/usr/bin/perl -c)], actuator => sub { my ($contents, $file) = @_; die "Can't use Gustavo here." if $contents =~ /gustavo/; }, rotate => 2, ); UPDATE_CONF_FILE( qr:/file( +)$:' => 'subdir/$1/file', rotate => 2, ); AUTHOR
Gustavo L. de M. Chaves <gnustavo@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2012 by CPqD. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-24 SVN::Hooks::UpdateConfFile(3pm)