Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with parsing mailbox folder list (identify similar folders) Post 302490832 by methyl on Tuesday 25th of January 2011 07:27:48 PM
Old 01-25-2011
Glad the code works.
I had a comparable problem some years ago when consolidating multiple smaller servers into one large server where many users had accounts on more than one of the original computers ... and were not consistent in the upper/lower case naming of their directories.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing file names and then grouping similar files

Hello Friends, I have .tar files which exists under different directories after the below code is run: find . -name "*" -type f -print | grep .tar > tmp.txt cat tmp.txt ./dir1/subdir1/subdir2/database-db1_28112009.tar ./dir2/subdir3/database-db2_28112009.tar... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

IMAPSYNC - trouble to create mailbox folder structure

Hi, I have installed ImapSync on Linux Debian. I tried run command to copy from Server A to Server B. It's run but imapsync doesn't create mailbox folder structure. I don't know if there is a command to force creation of mailbox's folders and subfolder. My command is below imapsync --host1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: symonx80
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to move files with similar names to folder

I have in directory /media/AUDIO/WAVE many .mp3 files with names like: my filename_01of02.mp3 my filename_02of02.mp3 Your File_01of06.mp3 Your File_02of06.mp3 etc.... In the same directory, /media/AUDIO/WAVE, I have many folders with names like 9780743579490 9780743579491 etc.. Inside... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Identify if folder has a file in it

Hi everyone I am new to the forums. I haven't done much linux myself but I have been asked if I can do the following. Write a linux script that needs to scan a certain folder every x amount of minutes and if there is a file in the folder then it needs to call a different script. Is this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bosbaba
2 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Issue: Unzipping file containing files/folders with a similar name

Hi, I have a zip file created on a Linxux server that I need to extract on a Windows machine... The zip file containing folders with the same name but they each have a different case, one if camel case and the other is just capitalised. When I extract using 7zip, I get prompted if I want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: muay_tb
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mv series out of mixed folder & identify substring

Dear unix-Community, great to be here! Actually i try to build a script to sort out my serials into an series-folder. Reason is: plex cant handle mixed folder filled with other stuff than series only. First shot was ls in combination with grep and regex. Got no positiv result. Then i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zack
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying files from various folders to similar folder structure in another location

Hi, I need to write a script the has to copy the files from folders and subfolders to the same folder structure located in another location. Ex: mainfolder1 file1,file2,file3 subfolder1(file1,etc) subfolder2(file1,etc) to another folder location of same folder structure. rsync is not... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raji Perumal
7 Replies

8. Red Hat

Identify the folder is part of which mount point

Dear, I am using Redhat 6.6 . How to identify a given directory is part of which mount point. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aneesha
2 Replies

9. Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

Why Parsing Can't be Done With sed ( or similar tools)

Regularly we have questions like: i have an XML (C, C++, ...) file with this or that property and i want to extract the content of this or that tag (function, ...). How do i do it in sed? Yes, in some (very limited) cases this is possible, but in general this can't be done. That is: you can do... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bakunin
0 Replies
face(1) 							   User Commands							   face(1)

NAME
face - executable for the Framed Access Command Environment Interface SYNOPSIS
face [-i init_file] [-c command_file] [-a alias_file] [filename...] DESCRIPTION
The Framed Access Command Environment Interface (FACE) presents your files and file folders on the screen through a system of menus and forms if you are properly set up as a FACE user. filename must follow the naming convention Menu.xxx for a menu, Form.xxx for a form, and Text.xxx for a text file, where xxx is any string that conforms to the UNIX system file naming conventions. The Form and Menu Language Interpreter (FMLI) descriptor lifetime will be ignored for all frames opened by argument to face. These frames have a lifetime of immortal by default. If filename is not specified on the command line, the FACE Menu will be opened along with those objects specified by the LOGINWIN environment variables. These variables are found in the user's .environ file. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -a alias_file Alias file -c command_file Command file -i init_file Initial file OPERANDS
The following operand is supported: filename The full pathname of the file describing the object to be opened initially. EXIT STATUS
The face command will return a non-zero exit value if the user is not properly set up as a FACE user. FILES
$HOME/pref/.environ ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWfac | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
env(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 5 Jul 1990 face(1)