Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers help me how to run the linux packet generator Post 302490546 by pludi on Tuesday 25th of January 2011 04:41:30 AM
Old 01-25-2011
Install the kernel sources from your distribution repository, cd /usr/src/linux, and change the .config file accordingly. Then make modules_install.
This User Gave Thanks to pludi For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Run Linux from CD

Does anyone know of any good links, or have any knowledge of how to run Linux from a CD. If at all possible I would like to install Mandrake 8.1 onto a CD and run it strickly from the CD. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks Gregg (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gdboling
3 Replies

2. Linux

Games that run on Linux too.. list.

I am interested in creating a list that consists of the popular games that run on Linux with atleast moderate performance ;) Please post the list of games that you know. Tips/Links on tweaking some games to run, may also be shared :) Here is a list ripped from http://www.frankscorner.org :D... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RipClaw
2 Replies

3. Linux

run MySQL on linux

Hi all, I want to know that how can we Install and Configure MySQL Server on LINUX.And how can we Use it after installation.As MySQL is also came with the Linux installer but i don't know how to Configure it and Use it.Thanks in advance Regards, Amanpreet Singh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aman_mlt
1 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

how to run autocad in linux

i have open suse 10.3 and i want to run autocad and 3dsmax in it (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abu_malek
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Linux] How Do I Run Until Segfault

Hello, sorry if this has been posted before but i was wondering if there is a way to run a program until a segmentation fault is found. Currently i'm using a simple shell script which runs my program 100 times, sleeps 1 second because srand(time(0)) is dependent on seconds. Is there a possible... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aslambilal
1 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

Linux Universal Packet/Ham Radio Backdoor - root!

Tails (LiveCD) is crap, and I'm being nice here. Bloated, contains HAMRADIO and PACKET RADIO modules which no one in their right mind would use on a distro aimed at Tor use, I don't even believe 1% of Linux users use them, yet they're generated right there in the directories. Google about ham radio... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chipinmybrain
0 Replies

7. AIX

Packet loss coming with big packet size ping

(5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
5 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Run Linux command from windows

hi i downloaded nic demo application from nic.comuf.com. working fine ,but when i run batch script ,always display splash screen maybe 10 sec. how can i remove splash screen when run batch script.? thanks z (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zoldkovacs
2 Replies

9. Debian

Linux Changing Run Levels

Hi this is my first thread. I use KDE and Gnome on Debian. I configured inittab like what it should be. But when i have an inittab file i can't see anything when i run who -r command. This is the result of who -r without /etc/inittab hwpplayer1@build3:~$ who -r açılış-seviyesi 5... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hwpplayer1
4 Replies
LINUX-VERSION(1)					      General Commands Manual						  LINUX-VERSION(1)

NAME
linux-version - operate on Linux kernel version strings SYNOPSIS
linux-version compare VERSION1 OP VERSION2 linux-version sort [--reverse] [VERSION1 VERSION2 ...] linux-version list [--paths] DESCRIPTION
linux-version operates on Linux kernel version strings as reported by uname -r and used in file and directory names. These version strings do not follow the same rules as Debian package version strings and should not be compared as such or as arbitrary strings. compare VERSION1 OP VERSION2 Compare version strings, where OP is a binary operator. linux-version returns success (zero result) if the specified condition is satisfied, and failure (nonzero result) otherwise. The valid operators are: lt le eq ne ge gt sort [--reverse] [VERSION1 VERSION2 ...] Sort the given version strings and print them in order from lowest to highest. If the --reverse option is used, print them in order from highest to lowest. If no version strings are given as arguments, the version strings will instead be read from standard input, one per line. They may be suffixed by arbitrary text after a space, which will be included in the output. This means that, for example: linux-version list --paths | linux-version sort --reverse will list the installed versions and corresponding paths in order from highest to lowest version. list [--paths] List kernel versions installed in the customary location. If the --paths option, show the corresponding path for each version. AUTHOR
linux-version and this manual page were written by Ben Hutchings as part of the Debian linux-base package. 30 March 2011 LINUX-VERSION(1)