Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Unable to ping Solaris VM from Xp host Post 302490395 by citaylor on Monday 24th of January 2011 05:36:13 PM
Old 01-24-2011
You have added a default router of the guest itself ? (Or am I reading that wrong ?)
Also can you supply all the IP address, etc of the Win XP box ?
("ipconfig /all" and "netstat -rn" outputs would be useful)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to ping host

Hi, dear all, I am rather new to Unix and have this problem where I cant seem to ping from 1 host to another. The scenerio is as follows: - 1 QNX host->Eth->1 SCO host the SCO host is configured with it's IP the QNX host is configured with another IP both in the same domain, ie, 172.20.3.XX... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gavon
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

QNX host cannot ping SCO host, vice versa

The problem I am facing now is that the QNX host could not ping the SCO host and vice versa. They are in the same domain, ie, 172.20.3.xx. As I am very new to Unix, I guess I must have missed out some important steps. Pls help... Thanx alot (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gavon
2 Replies

3. Solaris

PING - Unknown host 127.0.0.1, Unknown host localhost - Solaris 10

Hello, I have a problem - I created a chrooted jail for one user. When I'm logged in as root, everything work fine, but when I'm logged in as a chrooted user - I have many problems: 1. When I execute the command ping, I get weird results: bash-3.00$ usr/sbin/ping localhost ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Przemek
4 Replies

4. Solaris

unable to ping a host in another domain

Hello I have a server in it.siroe.com I added it.siroe.com in /etc/resolv.conf. I still can't ping the server. any service to restart here? any other file to edit? thx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Windows vista unable to ping to Solaris 10 on VM

Hi all, I have a VM on Solaris 10 setup on a windows vista host machine. 1) Vista host i configure VMnet 1: 10.1.1.10 Mask : 255.255.255.0 Subnet : 10.1.1.2 DNS : 10.1.1.100 2) Solaris on VM Network device is on Custom(VMNET1) IP : 10.1.1.4 Mask : 255.255.255.0 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: JuveZzZ
8 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Unable to ping Solaris from several Windows installations

Hello All, I have searched and searched, but I am not finding any answers. Any help would be very welcome. I have a home LAN centered around an Untangle gateway (up to date). I have a Windows 7 PC and a Snow Leopard Mac I also have two virtualized instances of windows (xp and 7) running... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: toadtilley
1 Replies

7. Linux

Unable to ping Linux guest from win7 host

Hi, I am using win7 on my PC and installed VMware on it on which i am running linux I am unable to ping my linux guest from my win machine, but i can ping my windows host from linux guest : Below is my system configuration Linux root@localhost ~]# ifconfig eth0 Link... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: chander_1987
9 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 9 - Unable to ping a particular server, traceroute also displays * * *

Hi All, I am new to solaris environment and we are using Solaris 9 The problem is am unable to ping a particular server from from one of the solaris server The traceroute also shows only * * * for all the 30 hops I tried to check all the settings like 1) /etc/hosts -> contains the... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanjay255
17 Replies

9. Solaris

Network issue on multinic. Unable to ping a host from One NIC but other works

Dear, I hope you all will be ok. I have an issue with Solaris box running on x86 Blade. I am unable to ping a node neither traceroute. I am able to do traceroute from oce0:6 port which have IP and subnet of same type which oce0:1 has. details are as follows: Problem: root@rinams02:/#... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: khaniqshahid
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Windows 7 Host Cannot ping Solaris 10 DNS on VM

Hello All, Host - Windows 7 64 BIT Guest OS - Solaris 10 64 on VMWARE workstation Problem : I can not ping solaris VM from my host OS. please suggest the solution. Host OS:ipconfig /all Windows IP Configuration Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : INPS01900LT ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunil_1111
5 Replies
NDPMON(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 NDPMON(8)

NAME
ndpmon - Neighbor Discovery Protocol Monitor SYNOPSIS
ndpmon [ -i interfacename ] [ -f configfile ] [ -d dtd_file ] [ -F filter ] [ -n number ] [ -L ] [ -v ] [ -h ] [ -d dtd_file ] [ -g neighbor_file ] DESCRIPTION
NDPMon is a monitoring software for ipv6 Neighbor Discovery. It syslogs activity and reports by email malicious ND message. NDPMon uses libpcap to listen for icmp6 packets and libxml2 to use configuration and neighbor cache files. The -i flag is used to change the default interface eth0. The -f flag is used to change the path of the configuration file. The default is /etc/ndpmon/config_ndpmon.xml The -e flag is used to change the path to the DTD file for the configuration file. The default is /etc/ndpmon/config_ndpmon.dtd The -n flag uses libpcap to specify a limited number of packet to capture. The -F flag allows one to change the default icmp6 filter. The -L flag is used to disable syslog and mail reports. This is used to do a learning phase and constitue the neighbor cache. The -v is used to enable the DEBUG mode. The -d flag is used to change the path to the DTD file for the neighbor cache. The default is /var/lib/ndpmon/neighbor_list.dtd The -g flag is used to change the path to the neighbor cache. The default is /var/lib/ndpmon/neighbor_list.xml Note that an empty neighbor_cache.xml file must be created before the first time you run ndpmon. NDPMon must be run with root rights to work. REPORT MESSAGES
Here's the list of the report messages generated by ndpmon: wrong couple MAC/IP Separately, the MAC and IP addresses are valid, but not as a couple. wrong router mac The ethernet address of the RA message is not specified in the configuration file. wrong router ip The ip address of the RA message is not specified in the configuration file. wrong prefix The prefix announced in the RA message is not specified in the configuration file. wrong router redirect The RD message does'nt come from a router specified in the configuration file. NA router flag The NA specifies a router but isn't one according to the configuration file. DAD DOS The NA answer to NS to avoid it to get an ip address. changed ethernet address The host switched to a new ethernet address. flip flop The ethernet address has changed from the most recently seen address to the second most recently seen address. reused old ethernet address The ethernet address has changed from the most recently seen address to the third (or greater) least recently seen address. SYSLOG MESSAGES
Here are some of the syslog messages; note that messages that are reported are also sysloged. new activity This ethernet/ip6 address pair has been announced for last time two months or more. new station The ethernet address has not been seen before on the link. ethernet broadcast The mac ethernet address of the host is a broadcast address. ip broadcast The ip address of the host is a broadcast address. bogon The source ip address is not local to the local subnet. ethernet mismatch The source mac ethernet address didn't match the address announced in option of the ND message. FILES
config_ndpmon.xml - contains settings which must be fill by the administrator neighbor_list.xml - neighbor cache: all neighbors known to be on the link SEE ALSO
arpwatch(8) ipv6(7), pcap(3), libxml(3). AUTHOR
Thibault Cholez and Frederic Beck for MADYNES Project, Loria, Fr. BUGS
Please send bug reports to frederic.beck@loria.fr or thibault.cholez@esial.uhp-nancy.fr November 2006 NDPMON(8)