Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: help writing pci firmware
Top Forums Programming help writing pci firmware Post 302490394 by citaylor on Monday 24th of January 2011 05:32:51 PM
Old 01-24-2011
What hardware will this PCI board be plugged into then ? Its very difficult to write a driver if you have no O/S at all...infact nearly impossible

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. BSD

WLAN PCI Cards

Hi! I just wanted to know what network cards are supported in FreeBSD. I have looked at the list of supported cards but I can't find any of them in the stores. Is the list not updated, I would really preciate info about where (in EU, Sweden) I can buy them. /Peter (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Barfly.se
2 Replies

2. Solaris

rs232 pci-card

hello mates, do you know a manufactor for rs232 serial pci cards for the sparc architecture? it seems that there is no original product from sun for that purpose. strange, isn't it? problem is that i have a V250 with only one db9 rs232 serial port, and i need it for a modem connection, but i also... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pressy
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Pci Id

How do I get the PCI ID for my Realtek adapter? It's a Solaris x86 installation. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kuultak
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bad pci slot?

Hi, im having a problem installing my pci wireless card. Im using knoppix, but my problem is with the mobo i think. im using an older laptop, toshiba satellite 2540 and when i plug in the card i get lights on sometimes. this means its getting power right. so then to install the card into the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jestra
0 Replies

5. Solaris

How to look for open pci slots

I'm looking for open PCI slots in our array of sun boxes. I need help on how to distinguish if there's an open slot or not using prtdiag and prtconf. Is there a better tool for this? TIA. Here's my prtdiag -v | grep pci: pci 66 PCI5 SUNW,qlc-pci1077,2312 (scsi-+ ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: revzalot
9 Replies

6. Linux

PCI Card recognized

I installed PCI Card HP SC44Ge - SAS1068E on my linux CentOS 5.4 is there a way to find out if the PCI is properly installed and recognized by linux. lspci is enough? just to add that PCI card is connected to a tape... also how can I find out driver and firmware version? thanks a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
1 Replies

7. Solaris

available PCI slots on v440

How do I find any available PCI slots on a v440? When I run prtconf, I get the following output? But I am not able to make out whether all the PCI slots are used. ================================= IO Devices ================================= Bus Freq Brd Type MHz Slot ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jtamminen
1 Replies

8. Slackware

converting mouse to pci

Need to free up a usb port for webcam. What does xorg.conf look like in order to work if I move mouse to PCI port via a converter plug? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slak0
1 Replies

9. Hardware

Lspci: PCI Devices?

hey everyone, just a general question. I did an lspci on my home computer, and it got me thinking... When I hear pci..I think of the physical slots on your motherboard. usually beige in color.. But the list returned to me is of atleast 20 items. None of which, (besides the graphics card) is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lost in Cyberia
3 Replies

10. Hardware

Could USB ever take over PCI

Internally speaking, for your motherboard bus. Would it be possible for a usb standard to be used in place of the PCI or PCIe bus that is now nearly standard on all PC's? If not, why wouldn't this work? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lost in Cyberia
8 Replies
gvid_no_claim_dev(5)						File Formats Manual					      gvid_no_claim_dev(5)

NAME
gvid_no_claim_dev - PCI Vendor/Device ID that the gvid graphics driver will not claim VALUES
Failsafe Default Allowed values Recommended values Specific to the device you wish to prevent from claiming. DESCRIPTION
This tunable specifies the PCI Vendor ID and/or Device ID of a graphics device that the HP graphics driver should not claim. The graphics driver was designed to be a general purpose driver for all PCI graphics cards. As a result, the driver will attempt to claim any PCI graphics display device found on the system. This can be a problem for graphics device developers who need their own graphics driver to claim their own graphics device. The value of will specify a PCI Vendor ID and/or Device ID of a graphics card that the gvid graphics driver should not claim. It is a 32 bit number, with the upper 16 bits containing the PCI Vendor ID and the lower 16 bits containing the PCI Device ID. Either the Vendor ID or Device ID can use a wildcard value of For example, if is set to the value the driver will ignore graphics devices with a PCI Vendor ID of and a Device ID of If is set to the driver will not claim any graphics cards with a Vendor ID of regardless of the Device ID. Who Is Expected to Change This Tunable? Anyone who wishes the graphics driver to ignore a specific graphics device. This will typically be someone writing their own graphics driver for their own hardware. Restrictions on Changing Changes to this tunable take effect at the next reboot. What Other Tunables Should Be Changed at the Same Time? None. WARNINGS
All HP-UX kernel tunable parameters are release specific. This parameter may be removed or have its meaning changed in future releases of HP-UX. Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at AUTHOR
was developed by HP. Tunable Kernel Parameters gvid_no_claim_dev(5)