Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Parsing a text file in Tcl
Top Forums Programming Parsing a text file in Tcl Post 302490314 by caboose57 on Monday 24th of January 2011 01:52:10 PM
Old 01-24-2011
I found a solution, Thanks though.

Sorry for wasting a thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing Lines from a text file

Hello Guru's I know there are people who live to be able to help people like me. That's why I'm here! I have a text file that has a corresponding address information that I need to be able to get maybe as a Unix Function. The text file contains the following: AIX17_JB_C;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sallender
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text File Parsing

Hey Guys.I am a newbie on Bash Shell Scripting and Perl.And I have a question about file parsing. I have a log file which contains reports about a communication device.I need to take some of the reports from the log file.Its hard to explain the issue.but shortly I can say that, the reports has a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Djlethal
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in parsing text file contents

Hi, I need some help in extracting the Exception block between the lines 21 Feb 01:18:54:146 ERROR com.orbits.frameworks.integrationframework.ValidationException - Caught exception in validateRequest() (PID=565584) and 21 Feb 01:18:55:149 INFO ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alecs
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing text from file

Any ideas? 1)loop through text file 2)extract everything between SOL and EOL 3)output files, for example: 123.txt and 124.txt for the file below So far I have: sed -n "/SOL/,/EOL/{p;/EOL/q;}" file Here is an example of my text file. SOL-123.go something goes here something goes... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ndnkyd
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help parsing a text file

I have a text file: router1#sh ip blah blah | incl --- Gi2/8 10.60.4.181 --- 10.60.123.175 11 0000 0000 355K Gi2/8 10.60.83.28 --- 224.10.10.26 11 F9FF 3840 154K Gi2/8 10.60.83.198 --- ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: streetfighter2
1 Replies

6. Programming

Parsing a Text file using C++

I was trying to parse the text file, which will looks like this ###XYZABC#### ############ int = 4 char = 1 float = 1 . . ############ like this my text file will contains lots of entries and I need to store these entries in the map eg. map.first = int and map.second = 4 same way I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: agupta2
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing text file

I'm totally stumped with how to handle this huge text file I'm trying to deal with. I really need some help! Here is what is looks like: ab1ba67c331a3d731396322fad8dd71a3b627f89359827697645c806091c40b9 0.2 812a3c3684310045f1cb3157bf5eebc4379804e98c82b56f3944564e7bf5dab5 0.6 0.6... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: comp8765
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing text file

Hi Friends, I am back for the second round today - :D My input text file is this way Home friends friendship meter Tools Mirrors Downloads My Data About Us Help My own results BLAT Search Results ACTIONS QUERY SCORE START END QSIZE IDENTITY CHRO STRAND ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

TCL script to insert some text on a file

Hi All , I am looking to create one TCL script to insert one text based on some regular expression match on one file as stated below Input File module (mem1 ,mem2 , bist1 , ten2 , sen1 , land2 , taane2 , ran1 , ran2 , tri2 , tri8 , fly1 , fly2 , san2 ); output ran1 , ran2 , tri2 ,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kshitij
1 Replies
pthread_join(3T)														  pthread_join(3T)

NAME
pthread_join() - wait for the termination of a specified thread SYNOPSIS
PARAMETERS
thread Thread whose termination is awaited by the caller. value_ptr Pointer to the location where the exit status of thread is returned. DESCRIPTION
The function waits for the termination of the target thread. If the target thread has already terminated, this function returns immedi- ately. Only threads created with a detachstate attribute value of may be specified in the target thread parameter. On successful return from the value_ptr argument, if it is not a null pointer, will contain the value passed to by the terminating thread. When a call returns successfully, the caller is guaranteed the target thread has terminated. If more than one thread calls for the same target thread, one thread is guaranteed to return successfully. Undefined behavior results for other callers specifying the same thread. If the thread calling is canceled, the target thread shall not be joined. The exit status of the target thread will remain available for another thread to call If the target thread was canceled, its exit status is It is unspecified whether a thread that has exited, but remains unjoined, counts against the limit. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, returns zero. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error (the variable is not set). ERRORS
If any of the following occur, the function returns the corresponding error number: [EINVAL] The value specified by thread does not refer to a joinable thread. [ESRCH] No thread could be found corresponding to thread. For each of the following conditions, if the condition is detected, the function returns the corresponding error number: [EDEADLK] This operation would result in process deadlock or thread specifies the calling thread. AUTHOR
was derived from the IEEE POSIX P1003.1c standard. SEE ALSO
pthread_create(3T), wait(2). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
Pthread Library pthread_join(3T)