Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Data Transfer
Operating Systems Solaris Data Transfer Post 302490309 by Kjons76 on Monday 24th of January 2011 01:39:40 PM
Old 01-24-2011
Data Transfer

We have a data on the disk that was copied from HP N4000 running HPUX 11.11 and it was created with vxfs version 4.

We need to transfer this data to Sun server, how might this be done?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How much data will transfer at 100 full

I am trying to determing how long it will take to transfer 384 Gb of data across a 100 Mb full ethernet. If I am correct, I come up with 36 Gb per hour. Surely that is not correct. I assumed 100 megabit per second is 10 megabyte per second, which is 600 megabytes per minute and 36 GB per hour.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

data corruption with ftp transfer

Hi again, first of all thanks for you help on my last problem, the problem is solved now. But I have many problem :) This time, I transfered a big file, ~3,5 GByte, with ftp from a Sun machine to a linux box, RedHat 7.3. But the file recieved on the Linux Box is corrupt, with smaller files... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: malcom
12 Replies

3. AIX

FTP - Data Transfer Limitations.

Hi, I have to transfer data from our production site to DR site(another city). I am using FTP for transfering data. But I am unable to get the same data transfer rate on AIX machines, one I am geting on windows machines. I want to know, is there any constraint on data transfer using FTP on AIX... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: system-admin
2 Replies

4. SCO

data transfer from serial port

dear sir, pls. can you help me ? , my os is unix sco 5.0.4 and ,server dat derive (1,4gb) not working, now i want to transfer my server data in other machine (unix/other possible) by serial port/other port comminication. thanks pankaj raval (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajbraval
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transfer data from one file to another

Hi, I'm relatively new to shell scripting, Ive worked on a few basic scripts and used most of the unix commands in the simplest of situations. But I am now faced with a task that's seems to be beyond me. I have a file with some data in the form of rows and columns : 123 4536 abcd4 677 bbb... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: inquisitive101
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Data transfer to excel

i have two excel sheets with cpu uasge and memory usage in the follwing format: sheet 1: 22,33 sheet 2: 55,66 i need to display in the below format: servername cpu mem ser1 22 33 ser2 55 66 am using UNIX os. can anyone help me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunmanas
2 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

DEC 2000 Data Transfer to PC

Hello - My first post here. I did some looking around; wasn't sure where to jump in or if something like this has been covered. I have a DEC 2000 Alpha that was turned off probably 6 years ago once I had made the transition of programs and most files to the desktop PC. I have the idea... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: KSchrader
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

Data transfer Time calculation

1 TB of data needs to read through 4 I/O channesl, each channels supports - 100 MB/s, What is average time taken to read the data ? Please give the formula for my understanding (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Srini.rk1983
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Data transfer in Linux

Please let me know which ports are used for data transfer, as per my understaning in Linux below ports are used for data transfer from windows to Linux. ftp 21 sftp 22 (Most secure Port) telnet 23 any other port? wheather we can change the port no 22 to any other port no for a... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
10 Replies
NDBOOTD(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						NDBOOTD(8)

NAME
ndbootd -- Sun Network Disk (ND) Protocol server SYNOPSIS
ndbootd [-s boot2] [-i interface] [-w windowsize] [-d] boot1 DESCRIPTION
ndbootd is a server which supports the Sun Network Disk (ND) Protocol. This protocol was designed by Sun before they designed NFS. ND sim- ply makes the raw blocks of a disk available to network clients. Contrast this with the true namespace and file abstractions that NFS pro- vides. The only reason you're likely to encounter ND nowadays is if you have an old Sun 2 machine, like the 2/120 or 2/50. The Sun 2 PROMs can only use ND to boot over the network. (Later, the Sun 3 PROMs would use RARP and TFTP to boot over the network.) ndbootd is a very simple ND server that only supports client reads for booting. It exports a disk that the clients consider to be /dev/ndp0 (ND public unit zero). The disk is available only to clients that are listed in /etc/ethers and have valid hostnames. (Sun 2 PROMs don't do RARP, but they do learn their IP address from the first ND response they receive from the server.) boot1 is a file containing the mandatory first-stage network boot program, typically /usr/mdec/bootyy. The layout of the exported disk is: o block 0: normally a Sun disklabel (but ignored by the PROM) o blocks 1-15: the first-stage network boot program With the -s boot2 option, ndbootd will also make a second-stage network boot program available to clients, typically /usr/mdec/netboot. When boot2 is a filename, that file is the single second-stage network boot program to be served to all clients. When boot2 is a directory name, typically /tftpboot, ndbootd finds a client's second-stage network boot program by turning its IP address into a filename in that directory, in the same manner later Sun 3 PROMs do when TFTPing (i.e., if a client has IP address 192.168.1.10, ndbootd expects to find /tftpboot/C0A8010A.SUN2 ). When used in this last manner with an ND-aware first-stage boot program, ndbootd serves the same purpose in the Sun 2 netboot process as tftpd(8) serves in the Sun 3 netboot process. Any second-stage network boot program always begins at block 16 of the exported disk, regardless of the length of the first-stage network boot program. All first- and second-stage network boot programs must have all executable headers stripped off; they must be raw binary programs. The remaining options are: -i interface Only listen for ND clients on interface interface. Normally ndbootd listens for clients on the first non-loopback IP interface that is up and running. -w windowsize This adjusts the window size of the ND protocol. This is the number of 1-kilobyte packets that can be transmitted before waiting for an acknowledgement. Defaults to 6. -d Run in debug mode. Debugging output goes to standard error and the server will not fork. FILES
/etc/ethers /etc/hosts SEE ALSO
tftpd(8) BUGS
Whether or not there is a second-stage network boot program, the exported disk appears to all clients to have infinite length. The content of all blocks not used by the first- or second-stage network boot programs is undefined. All client reads of undefined blocks are silently allowed by the server. BSD
May 9, 2001 BSD