Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: php installation steps..
Operating Systems Solaris php installation steps.. Post 302490223 by solaris_user on Monday 24th of January 2011 09:33:46 AM
Old 01-24-2011
I don't know hot to set up PHP and Apache because I had never done that.

But using some logic first you need to transfer packet from CD to your installation directory.

On Solaris that directory is /var/spool then install it using pkgadd command.

But don't take me serious and I will repeat one more: I don't work with apache and I never did , so I won't be responsible for any kind of damage.

Look at Apache documentation, PHP documenatation and think do you need to install PHP on more servers, zones and what is happing when you install that package.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

Installation steps (request how to install UNIX)

Hello hey ppl I wanna use Unix SCO, and I have a Unix SCO 5.05 bootable CD. Now plz can any one help me or guide me the steps of Unix installation. I want to install myself so plz If anyone experts in Unix installation & knows simple configuration... so plz mail me or reply me here , step by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohsin
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Required installation steps for perl 5.8.9 on Solaris 2.8 operating system

Hi Can any one suggest me the instalation guideline for perl 5.8.9 on UNIX/solaris 2.8 environment. Pooja (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wadhwa.pooja
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP installation help needed.

Hi guys, This is my first post in this forum. Recently i come across one interesting advantage of PHP that it is the simplest yet powerful language to communicate with linux . However my knowledge of PHP is very weak. Can u please guide me about following queries. 1)which version of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
6 Replies

4. Solaris

apache and php installation..

hi i need to install apache and php on my solaris server .. can u tell me the procedure... tell me as soon as possible.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: senkerth
4 Replies

5. Solaris

php installation ..

hi.. i need to install or enable php on solaris 10 x86.. can u guide me .. tell me as soon as possible.. thanks... ---------- Post updated at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous update was at 10:38 AM ---------- tell me as soon as possible... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

6. Solaris

php installation procedure..

hi.. i need to install or enable php on my solaris server.. i have successfully enabled my apache .. guide me to enable php .. (3 Replies)
3 Replies

7. Solaris

php installation problem..

hi am senthil, i want to install php 5 in my solaris 10 x86server.. i already enabled apache and my mysql 5 is woking fine.. i want to know the procedure to install php.. i googled it and got some info .. i have doubt in the following thing /configure -with-apache2=/opt/httpd-2.0.49... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

8. Solaris

problem in php installation..

hi am senthil, am trying to install PHP in my solaris 10 x86 ... i installed oracle,apache,tomcat,mysql .. the only thing am missing is PHP.. i tried to install php using ./configure .. my ./configure command.. ./configure \ --with-apxs=/usr/apache/bin/apxs \... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Help me with Pre Installation Steps for Patching on Solaris Servers

What are the Pre-installation steps for patching on Solaris servers in real time ? :confused: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaykrishna
6 Replies

10. Web Development

PHP installation on Ubuntu 12.04

Dear all I am new to php, I have already running tomcat web server on port 80, following are the details of tomcat /usr/local/www/html/TOMCAT_DEMO/tomcat whether it is possible to install and configure php without using sudo apt-get install php5 ??? please someone guide me to start php (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
1 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)