Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Move read-only-file
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Move read-only-file Post 302490143 by tlarkin on Monday 24th of January 2011 04:55:06 AM
Old 01-24-2011
most applications are actually self contained folders, that have all the contents of the app itself needed to run.

You may need to cp -R or ditto to copy all the contents from the command line. If the app uses an installer, you may not be able to install it from the command line. Not every developer follows Apple's standards *cough*like Adobe*cough*.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Move Based on 1st Character of File Name

I need some help with a unix script to mv image files to subdirectories based on the 1st character of the filename. See example below... /images/main 1191.jpg 9999.jpg A101.jpg A102.jpg B201.jpg c333.jpg ... Z999.jpg I would like to move to the following: ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: srdconsulting
11 Replies

2. Programming

Cannot read a file with read(fd, buffer, buffersize) function

# include <stdio.h> # include <fcntl.h> # include <stdlib.h> # include <sys/stat.h> int main(int argc, char *argv) { int fRead, fPadded, padVal; int btRead; int BUFFSIZE = 512; char buff; if (argc != 4) { printf ("Please provide all of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: naranja18she
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

A script that will move a file to a directory with the same name and then rename that file

Hello all. I am new to this forum (and somewhat new to UNIX / LINUX - I started using ubuntu 1 year ago).:b: I have the following problem that I have not been able to figure out how to take care of and I was wondering if anyone could help me out.:confused: I have all of my music stored in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcozd
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

When reading a csv file, counter to read 20 lines and wait for minute then read next 20 till end

Hello All, i am a newbie and need some help when reading a csv file in a bourne shell script. I want to read 10 lines, then wait for a minute and then do a reading of another 10 lines and so on in the same way. I want to do this till the end of file. Any inputs are appreciated ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: victor.s
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove bad records from file and move them into a file then send those via email

Hi my requirement is that i want pull the bad records from input file and move those records in to a seperate file. that file has to be sent via email.. any suggentions please (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sxk4999
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to get the latest file from the file list and move

Hi, Anybody help me to write a Shell Script Get the latest file from the file list based on created and then move to the target directory. Tried with the following script: got error. A=$(ls -1dt $(find "cveit/local_ftp/reflash-parts" -type f -daystart -mtime -$dateoffset) | head... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saravan_an
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read from file and execute the read command

Hi, I am facing issues with the below: I have a lookup file say lookup.lkp.This lookup.lkp file contains strings delimited by comma(,). Now i want to read this command from file and execute it. So my code below is : Contents in the lookup.lkp file is : c_e,m,a,`cd $BOX | ls cef_*|tail... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vital_parsley
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move file from one directory and update the list file once moved.

Dears, I have a listfile contains list of files path. i need to read the line of the listfile mv the file to other directory and update the listfile by deleting the lines of the listfile. #!/bin/bash target=/fstest/INVESTIG/Sadiq/TEST_ARCH while read -r line || ]; do mv $line... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: sadique.manzar
19 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Move the file from one path to another using .sh file in EBS Oracle apps.

Hi All, I just want to move the file from one path to another using .sh file in EBS oracle apps. I have written in .prog but i need in .sh (file.sh) XXC_SAMPLE_FILE.prog #!/bin/bash # XXC_SAMPLE_FILE.prog DATE_TIME=`date | awk {' print $1"_"$2"_"$3"_"$4 '}` echo "parse_parms" ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mist123
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Move a TXT file greater or equal 355 MB with its corresponding .LST file

Good morning, i need your help please I need to move a .TXT file greater or igual 355 MB and its correspondent .LST file in a non recursive way The operating system is: uname -a SunOS server01c 5.10 Generic_144488-01 sun4u sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise For example: rw-r--r-- 1 xptol ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
8 Replies
rmf(1mh)																  rmf(1mh)

Name
       rmf - remove folder

Syntax
       rmf [ +folder ] [ -help ] [ -[no]interactive ]

Description
       The  command  removes all of the messages within the current folder, and then removes the folder itself.  If there are any files within the
       folder which are not part of MH, they are not removed, and an error message is displayed.

You can specify a folder other than the current folder by using the +folder argument.  If you do not specify a folder, and cannot find  the
       current folder, asks you whether you want to delete instead.

If the current folder is removed, it makes current.

Note that the command irreversibly deletes messages that do not have other links, so use it with caution.

If  the folder being removed is a sub-folder, the parent folder becomes the new current folder, and tells you that this has happened.  This
       provides an easy mechanism for selecting a set of messages, operating on the list, then removing the list  and  returning  to  the  current
       folder from which the list was extracted.

Using to delete a read-only folder deletes the private sequence and current message information from the file, without affecting the folder
       itself.	If you have sub-folders within a folder, you must delete all the sub-folders before you can delete the folder itself.

Options
       -help	 Prints a list of the valid options to this command.

-interactive
       -nointeractive
		 Asks for confirmation before deleting a folder.  By default, deletes a folder and its messages without asking	for  confirmation.
		 If  you  specify  the	-interactive option, asks if you are sure before deleting the folder.  You are advised to use this option,
		 since when deletes a folder its contents are lost irretrievably.

Examples
       This example shows how asks for confirmation when the -interactive option is used:
       % rmf -interactive +test
       Remove folder "test"? y

Profile Components
       Path:   To determine the user's Mail directory

Files
       The user profile.

See Also
       rmm(1mh)

rmf(1mh)