Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) "Permission Denied" while modifying mounted files on MAC Post 302490142 by tlarkin on Monday 24th of January 2011 04:52:06 AM
Old 01-24-2011
Are you running any sort of ACLs or anything that could overwrite access? Also, your user account you are using to map this share to the BSD box, what permissions does it have?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

permission denied for ". " (dot space)

Hi, When I try to run a script with ". "(dot space) in my home, it gives me error ".: Permission denied". Any explanation for this behaviour? Thanks in advance, -Ashish (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shriashishpatil
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

changing password with sudo user " permission denied"

HI All, I am using solaris i created a user adam and updated his permissions in vi sudoers file as follows adam ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWORD: ALL ........... when i create user by logging as sudo user . $ sudo useradd -d /home/kalyan -m -s /bin/sh kalyan sudo: not found ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalyankalyan
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

EACCES "Permission denied" while open(2)

guest@ulidtko:~$ id uid=126(guest) gid=134(guest) groups=134(guest) guest@ulidtko:~$ ls -ld /home drwxr-xr-x 8 root root 4096 May 12 19:47 /home guest@ulidtko:~$ ls -l /home ls: cannot open directory /home: Permission denied guest@ulidtko:~$ cat /proc/mounts rootfs / rootfs rw 0 0... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ulidtko
4 Replies

4. Solaris

BSM auditing issues, need to audit "permission denied"

Let me preface with I am semi-new to Solaris. I work with it in the labs at work and that's about my extent (although I run Linux at home). Well, a week ago security comes around with updated requirements, some of which are the need to audit all failures. For the life of me I cannot get a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mph275
0 Replies

5. Linux

Showing "permission denied" when trying to login in - Montavista Linux

Hello friends, I have scratched my system and after that when I am trying to access the console via root login it's failing with an error message of "permission denied". I am able to access the other login, I am having only problem with root and some other user login. I am using an telnet... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanoop
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Showing "permission denied" when trying to login in - Montavista Linux

Hello friends, I have scratched my system and after that when I am trying to access the console via root login it's failing with an error message of "permission denied". I am able to access the other login, I am having only problem with root and some other user login. I am using an telnet... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanoop
7 Replies

7. Solaris

"Permission denied" when changing IP netmask

hello everyone, I am new on unix systems. I am working with a Solaris 10 OS. When i try to change netmask on certain interface: I get: How can i enable permission for changing that ? I have administrator privileges. Your help is much appreciated. thanks, (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: pablod76
13 Replies

8. OS X (Apple)

"Permission denied" when trying to SSH my iPhone though password is correct

Hi, I hope this is the correct section in the forum to post as I'm trying to SSH from my MacBook. I was looking to see whether ssh on my jailbroken iPhone 6s (10.3.1) still works fine and was following this old reddit guide. I installed OpenSSH&OpenSSL from Cydia and changed the password using... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hss1
7 Replies
FREEBSD-UPDATE(8)					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					 FREEBSD-UPDATE(8)

NAME
freebsd-update -- fetch and install binary updates to FreeBSD SYNOPSIS
freebsd-update [-b basedir] [-d workdir] [-f conffile] [-k KEY] [-r newrelease] [-s server] [-t address] command ... DESCRIPTION
The freebsd-update tool is used to fetch, install, and rollback binary updates to the FreeBSD base system. Note that updates are only avail- able if they are being built for the FreeBSD release and architecture being used; in particular, the FreeBSD Security Team only builds updates for releases shipped in binary form by the FreeBSD Release Engineering Team, e.g., FreeBSD 7.3-RELEASE and FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE, but not FreeBSD 6.3-STABLE or FreeBSD 9.0-CURRENT. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -b basedir Operate on a system mounted at basedir. (default: /, or as given in the configuration file.) -d workdir Store working files in workdir. (default: /var/db/freebsd-update/, or as given in the configuration file.) -f conffile Read configuration options from conffile. (default: /etc/freebsd-update.conf) -k KEY Trust an RSA key with SHA256 of KEY. (default: read value from configuration file.) -r newrelease Specify the new release to which freebsd-update should upgrade (upgrade command only). -s server Fetch files from the specified server or server pool. (default: read value from configuration file.) -t address Mail output of cron command, if any, to address. (default: root, or as given in the configuration file.) COMMANDS
The command can be any one of the following: fetch Based on the currently installed world and the configuration options set, fetch all available binary updates. cron Sleep a random amount of time between 1 and 3600 seconds, then download updates as if the fetch command was used. If updates are downloaded, an email will be sent (to root or a different address if specified via the -t option or in the configuration file). As the name suggests, this command is designed for running from cron(8); the random delay serves to minimize the proba- bility that a large number of machines will simultaneously attempt to fetch updates. upgrade Fetch files necessary for upgrading to a new release. Before using this command, make sure that you read the announcement and release notes for the new release in case there are any special steps needed for upgrading. Note that this command may require up to 500 MB of space in workdir depending on which components of the FreeBSD base system are installed. install Install the most recently fetched updates or upgrade. rollback Uninstall the most recently installed updates. IDS Compare the system against a "known good" index of the installed release. TIPS
o If your clock is set to local time, adding the line 0 3 * * * root /usr/sbin/freebsd-update cron to /etc/crontab will check for updates every night. If your clock is set to UTC, please pick a random time other than 3AM, to avoid overly imposing an uneven load on the server(s) hosting the updates. o In spite of its name, freebsd-update IDS should not be relied upon as an "Intrusion Detection System", since if the system has been tam- pered with it cannot be trusted to operate correctly. If you intend to use this command for intrusion-detection purposes, make sure you boot from a secure disk (e.g., a CD). FILES
/etc/freebsd-update.conf Default location of the freebsd-update configuration file. /var/db/freebsd-update/ Default location where freebsd-update stores temporary files and downloaded updates. SEE ALSO
freebsd-update.conf(5) AUTHORS
Colin Percival <cperciva@FreeBSD.org> FreeBSD July 14, 2010 FreeBSD