Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) bash script for dseditgroups in OSX Post 302490138 by tlarkin on Monday 24th of January 2011 04:41:28 AM
Old 01-24-2011
I think you posted this on the Macworld forums, as I remember reading this.

in case anyone else is reading this I will just link the forum post as Hal Itosis wrote a pretty nice script that does this.

Help with a dseditgroup script - The macosxhints Forums

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Upgrading bash on Darwin (osx)

Hi, I have installed bash 3.2 via darwin ports, however when I try and change the shell i.e. chsh -s /opt/local/bin/bash is says its a non-standard shell? but if i run ./bash i get a new bash prompt with version 3.2? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: c19h28O2
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to make your bash script run on a machine with csh and bash

hi, i have a script that runs on bash and would like to run it on a machine that has csh and bash. the default setting on that machine is csh. i dont want to change my code to run it with a csh shell. is there any way i can run the script (written in bash) on this machine? in other words is there... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

#!/bin/bash and #1bin/sh command not found error on mac osx terminal/shell script

i am having a weird error on mac os x running some shell scripts. i am a complete newbie at this and this question concerns 2 scripts. one of which a friend of mine wrote (videochecker.sh) a couple weeks ago and it's been running fine on another machine. then last week i wrote capture.sh and it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: danpaluska
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mac OSX Cron Script Execution

Hello, On Mac OSX, I was wondering about my Cron Script: HELL=/bin/tcsh PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin HOME=/var/log MAILTO=jwillis 25 1 * * * root /Users/jwillis/Fbcmd\Scripts/DailyBirthday.scrmy returned message is: Subject: Cron... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwillis0720
3 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

Creating Shell Script for STIG Checklist MAC OSX 10.6

Hello, I am new to Mac OSX and shell scripting all together. I was wondering if anyone could help get me started in a few scenarios so that I would be able to automate checking a system against a STIG checklist. A STIG Checklist is a DoD Guideline for securing systems. Here is the first... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: john3j04
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

open application with spaces in name [bash][OSX]

Hi guys, I'm new here and new to shell scripting so don't be hard on me I'm trying to create a bash script to restart a process by name in Mac OSX. I have no problem killing the application, the problem comes when launching it again. I managed to store the path in a variable lets say ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonathanwiesel
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

OSX, bash, cat with <<MARKER executing commands

I have a script that writes another script with cat >/usr/local/bin/myscript.sh <<EOF #!/bin/sh VAR=`run a command here` EOF Problem is, after this is run, I get: $ cat /usr/local/bin/myscript.sh #!/bin/sh VAR=result of command How do I stop that from happening with Macs... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnojr
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

OSX bash & expect

I have a script that must perform a 'sudo' operation on each of a number of hosts. I'm trying to get expect working so I only have to enter it once, and have run into a couple of issues. First, several examples suggest to use: /usr/bin/expect <<EOD spawn ssh -t $host /usr/bin/sudo -v... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnojr
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to block first bash script until second bash script script launches web server/site?

I'm new to utilities like socat and netcat and I'm not clear if they will do what I need. I have a "compileDeployStartWebServer.sh" script and a "StartBrowser.sh" script that are started by emacs/elisp at the same time in two different processes. I'm using Cygwin bash on Windows 10. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

In Bash shell - the ps -ef shows only the /bin/bash but the script name is not displayed

In Bash shell - the ps -ef shows only the /bin/bash but the script name is not displayed ? Is there any way to get the script names for the process command ? --- Post updated at 08:39 AM --- in KSH (Korn Shell), my command output shows the script names but when run in the Bash Shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: i4ismail
3 Replies
rt-email-group-admin(8) 				     Request Tracker Reference					   rt-email-group-admin(8)

NAME
rt-email-group-admin - Command line tool for administrating NotifyGroup actions SYNOPSIS
rt-email-group-admin --list rt-email-group-admin --create 'Notify foo team' --group Foo rt-email-group-admin --create 'Notify foo team as comment' --comment --group Foo rt-email-group-admin --create 'Notify group Foo and Bar' --group Foo --group Bar rt-email-group-admin --create 'Notify user foo@bar.com' --user foo@bar.com rt-email-group-admin --create 'Notify VIPs' --user vip1@bar.com rt-email-group-admin --add 'Notify VIPs' --user vip2@bar.com --group vip1 --user vip3@foo.com rt-email-group-admin --rename 'Notify VIPs' --newname 'Inform VIPs' rt-email-group-admin --switch 'Notify VIPs' rt-email-group-admin --delete 'Notify user foo@bar.com' DESCRIPTION
This script list, create, modify or delete scrip actions in the RT DB. Once you've created an action you can use it in a scrip. For example you can create the following action using this script: rt-email-group-admin --create 'Notify developers' --group 'Development Team' Then you can add the followoing scrip to your Bugs queue: Condition: On Create Action: Notify developers Template: Transaction Stage: TransactionCreate Your development team will be notified on every new ticket in the queue. USAGE
rt-email-group-admin --COMMAND ARGS COMMANDS
list Lists actions and its descriptions. create NAME [--comment] [--group GNAME] [--user UNAME] Creates new action with NAME and adds users and/or groups to its recipient list. Would be notify as comment if --comment specified. add NAME [--group GNAME] [--user UNAME] Adds groups and/or users to recipients of the action NAME. delete NAME Deletes action NAME if scrips doesn't use it. switch NAME Switch action NAME from notify as correspondence to comment and back. rename NAME --newname NEWNAME Renames action NAME to NEWNAME. NOTES If command has option --group or --user then you can use it more then once, if other is not specified. AUTHOR
Ruslan U. Zakirov <ruz@bestpractical.com> SEE ALSO
RT::Action::NotifyGroup, RT::Action::NotifyGroupAsComment perl v5.14.2 2013-05-22 rt-email-group-admin(8)