Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to fix file with more delimiters Post 302490104 by Scrutinizer on Monday 24th of January 2011 01:37:39 AM
Old 01-24-2011
@rdcwayx: only when there are 5 fields...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I insert commas/delimiters in File

Hi, Newbie here. Need to convert a txt file to .csv format. There's no character to replace so not sure if I can use sed :confused: . The comma is to be inserted after every certain number of characters in each line... Help! Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbelen
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to count number of delimiters in a file name

I have a list of files with names as "FULL_abcd_xyz_timestamp.txt" and "FULL_xx_abcd_xyz_timestamp.txt". I am writing a script with a 'for loop' to take each file, strip the "FULL" and "timestamp" from the file name and do some actions on the contains of the file. So I need to know the number of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayanbiswas
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing unnecessary Delimiters from a file

Hi all, I have a pipe delimited file - (sample data) 1|1|K|Doe|1234567890|123456789|EXP|99|99|John|Y|Dallas|Texas|Kyle|999 2|1|A|2|01/01/9999|Appl|01/01/9999|vendor|Select|||||| 3|1|A|2|01/01/9999|Check|01/01/9999|ksmith|Suggest|||||| 4|1|T|Complaint|Mary|01/01/9999|01/01/9999|||||||... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumeet
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cutting a file with multiple delimiters into columns

Hi All I have recently had to start using Unix for work and I have hit brick wall with this prob.... I have a file that goes a little something like this.... EUR;EUR;EUR:USD:USD;USD;;;EUR/USD;XAU/AUD;XAU/EUR;XAU/AUD,GBP/BOB,UAD/XAU;;;1.11;2.22;3.33;4.44;5.55;6.66;;; is it possible to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: luckycharm
7 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

missing delimiters when mysql output is redirected to log file

Hi, Pls check that '|' and '+' present in Step-1 are not copied to log file in Step-3. Pls suggest how to get the exact output from Step-1 (i.e. with out losing '|' and '+') in to a log file ~Thanks Step-1: Execute command > mysql -utest -ptest -htesthost testdb -e "select * from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbielgn
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract strings within XML file between different delimiters

Good afternoon! I have an XML file from which I want to extract only certain elements contained within each line. The problem is that the format of each line is not exactly the same (though similiar). For example, oa_var will be in each line, however, there may be no value or other... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bab@faa
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to put delimiters in text files after fix characters?

Hi , i have a text file in which i want to put delimiters after certain characters ( fix),. like put a delimiter (any like ,) after 1-3 character than 4 than 5 than 6-17 ..... files looks like this (original)... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: anamdev
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert data between comma delimiters-large file

Having a huge file in the following format. 2,3,1,,,4 1,2,3,,,,,5, 8,7,3,4,,,, Output needed is: 2,3,1,0.0,0.0,4 1,2,3,0.0,0.0,0.0,0.0,5, 8,7,3,4,0.0,0.0,0.0, I have tried reading the file each line, using AWK to parse to find out ",," and then insert 0.0 . It works but very slow. Need... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: wincrazy
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Char/byte positions of delimiters in file

I have a pipe delimited file and I'm trying to write a script that will give the character/byte positions of each pipe in the file. There may be some simple way but I don't know what it is... Can someone help with this? Ex: file has output below abc|def|ghi| I want the script to tell the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: basz808
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting fields from a file having multiple delimiters

Hi All, I have a file with a single row having the following text ABC.ABC.ABC,Database,New123,DBNAME,F,ABC.ABC.ABC_APP,"@FUNCTION1("ENT1") ,@FUNCTION2("ENT2")",R, I want an output in the following format ABC.ABC.ABC DBNAME ABC.ABC.ABC_APP '@FUNCTION1("ENT1")... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev.devil.1983
3 Replies
FORMS(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						  FORMS(3)

NAME
field_count, form_fields, move_field, set_form_fields -- form library LIBRARY
Curses Form Library (libform, -lform) SYNOPSIS
#include <form.h> int field_count(FORM *form); FIELD ** form_fields(FORM *form); int move_field(FIELD *field, int frow, int fcol); int set_form_fields(FORM *form, FIELD **fields); DESCRIPTION
The field_count() function returns the number of fields that are attached to the given form, if the form argument passed is NULL then field_count() will return -1. The function form_fields() will return a pointer to array of attach fields for the given form, this array is not NULL terminated, fields may be attached to the given form by calling set_form_fields(). The fields argument in this function is a pointer to a NULL terminated array of fields that will be attached to the form. If there are already fields attached to the form then they will be detached before the new fields are attached. The new fields given must not be attached to any other form. The move_field() function will move the given field to the location specified by frow and fcol. RETURN VALUES
Functions returning pointers will return NULL if an error is detected. The functions that return an int will return one of the following error values: E_OK The function was successful. E_CONNECTED The field is connected to a form. E_POSTED The form is currently posted to the screen. E_BAD_ARGUMENT The function was passed a bad argument. SEE ALSO
curses(3), forms(3) NOTES
The header <form.h> automatically includes both <curses.h> and <eti.h>. BSD
January 1, 2001 BSD