Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: shell books recommend
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting shell books recommend Post 302490089 by homeboy on Monday 24th of January 2011 12:06:11 AM
Old 01-24-2011
shell books recommend

Now i'm reading <Advanced Bash scripting Guide> and that book lists too many examples and show little explanations.That makes me feel confused.Do any1 has some better book recommend to me about Bash?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Books on Shell Scripting

Does anyone know of some good books on shell scripting. Any and all help is greatly apprieciated. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naaou
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Books on Shell programmin

Can Anyone suggest few good books on Unix Shell Programming and C on Unix. Thanks Prasad (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pswar70
5 Replies

3. Programming

Recommend Books

Can anybody recommend a good (& maybe cheap :D ) book for c-prg in HP-UX. I a little rusty & most of expr is in PC world. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vslewis
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Good books on Shell Scripting

All, I am new to shell scripting. Can you guys suggest me some good books/online tutorials for shell scripting(KSH/BASH)? Thanks in advance. Janardhan. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raok1997
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help for good books in Shell Scripting

Hi, I am knew to Shell Scripting. Can someone please tell me some good books for Shell Scripting which explains in a very simple language and covers all the topics nicely. Thanks, Shubh. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shubhranshu
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

i need books (programming shell)

hello.... iam need more books about programming shell by c & c++ ... please iam need it now thank you:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: osamasam
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

please recommend books or articles on cross-platform portable code

I have know some items on cross-platform portable byte order alignment I don't know if there are books or articles on this topic. your recommendation is appreciated (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zhongyj
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

recommend book for unix command/ shell scripting

Hi, i wish to learn unix commands and shell scripting. platform is solaris. but i am focused more on handy unix commands than system administration. which books do you recommend? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nurulamin862
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Books for Shell Script and UNIX

Hi i am new to UNIX completely. i dont know any thing about UNIX. can some one please help me with some books on the unix archetecture and all the internal working of UNIX OS (i want to know every thing about unix from basics) and shell programming. can any one please if available provide... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amiman
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Best books for shell scripting

hello all, Could you point me to the best book to start shell scripting. thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: acdc
3 Replies
EBOOK-META(1)							      calibre							     EBOOK-META(1)

NAME
ebook-meta - part of calibre SYNOPSIS
ebook-meta ebook_file [options] DESCRIPTION
Read/Write metadata from/to ebook files. Supported formats for reading metadata: azw, azw1, cbr, cbz, chm, epub, fb2, html, imp, lit, lrf, lrx, mobi, odt, oebzip, opf, pdb, pdf, pml, pmlz, prc, rar, rb, rtf, tpz, txt, zip Supported formats for writing metadata: azw, azw1, epub, lrf, mobi, pdb, pdf, prc, rtf, tpz Different file types support different kinds of metadata. If you try to set some metadata on a file type that does not support it, the metadata will be silently ignored. Whenever you pass arguments to ebook-meta that have spaces in them, enclose the arguments in quotation marks. OPTIONS
--version show program's version number and exit -h, --help show this help message and exit -t, --title Set the title. -a, --authors Set the authors. Multiple authors should be separated by the & character. Author names should be in the order Firstname Lastname. --title-sort The version of the title to be used for sorting. If unspecified, and the title is specified, it will be auto-generated from the title. --author-sort String to be used when sorting by author. If unspecified, and the author(s) are specified, it will be auto-generated from the author(s). --cover Set the cover to the specified file. -c, --comments Set the ebook description. -p, --publisher Set the ebook publisher. --category Set the book category. -s, --series Set the series this ebook belongs to. -i, --index Set the index of the book in this series. -r, --rating Set the rating. Should be a number between 1 and 5. --isbn Set the ISBN of the book. --tags Set the tags for the book. Should be a comma separated list. -k, --book-producer Set the book producer. -l, --language Set the language. -d, --date Set the published date. --get-cover Get the cover from the ebook and save it at as the specified file. --to-opf Specify the name of an OPF file. The metadata will be written to the OPF file. --from-opf Read metadata from the specified OPF file and use it to set metadata in the ebook. Metadata specified on the command line will over- ride metadata read from the OPF file --lrf-bookid Set the BookID in LRF files SEE ALSO
The User Manual is available at http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual Created by Kovid Goyal <kovid@kovidgoyal.net> ebook-meta (calibre 0.6.53) July 2010 EBOOK-META(1)