Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to fix file with more delimiters Post 302490055 by rdcwayx on Sunday 23rd of January 2011 06:07:18 PM
Old 01-23-2011
Code:
sed 's/,//3' infile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I insert commas/delimiters in File

Hi, Newbie here. Need to convert a txt file to .csv format. There's no character to replace so not sure if I can use sed :confused: . The comma is to be inserted after every certain number of characters in each line... Help! Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbelen
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to count number of delimiters in a file name

I have a list of files with names as "FULL_abcd_xyz_timestamp.txt" and "FULL_xx_abcd_xyz_timestamp.txt". I am writing a script with a 'for loop' to take each file, strip the "FULL" and "timestamp" from the file name and do some actions on the contains of the file. So I need to know the number of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayanbiswas
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing unnecessary Delimiters from a file

Hi all, I have a pipe delimited file - (sample data) 1|1|K|Doe|1234567890|123456789|EXP|99|99|John|Y|Dallas|Texas|Kyle|999 2|1|A|2|01/01/9999|Appl|01/01/9999|vendor|Select|||||| 3|1|A|2|01/01/9999|Check|01/01/9999|ksmith|Suggest|||||| 4|1|T|Complaint|Mary|01/01/9999|01/01/9999|||||||... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumeet
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cutting a file with multiple delimiters into columns

Hi All I have recently had to start using Unix for work and I have hit brick wall with this prob.... I have a file that goes a little something like this.... EUR;EUR;EUR:USD:USD;USD;;;EUR/USD;XAU/AUD;XAU/EUR;XAU/AUD,GBP/BOB,UAD/XAU;;;1.11;2.22;3.33;4.44;5.55;6.66;;; is it possible to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: luckycharm
7 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

missing delimiters when mysql output is redirected to log file

Hi, Pls check that '|' and '+' present in Step-1 are not copied to log file in Step-3. Pls suggest how to get the exact output from Step-1 (i.e. with out losing '|' and '+') in to a log file ~Thanks Step-1: Execute command > mysql -utest -ptest -htesthost testdb -e "select * from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbielgn
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract strings within XML file between different delimiters

Good afternoon! I have an XML file from which I want to extract only certain elements contained within each line. The problem is that the format of each line is not exactly the same (though similiar). For example, oa_var will be in each line, however, there may be no value or other... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bab@faa
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to put delimiters in text files after fix characters?

Hi , i have a text file in which i want to put delimiters after certain characters ( fix),. like put a delimiter (any like ,) after 1-3 character than 4 than 5 than 6-17 ..... files looks like this (original)... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: anamdev
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert data between comma delimiters-large file

Having a huge file in the following format. 2,3,1,,,4 1,2,3,,,,,5, 8,7,3,4,,,, Output needed is: 2,3,1,0.0,0.0,4 1,2,3,0.0,0.0,0.0,0.0,5, 8,7,3,4,0.0,0.0,0.0, I have tried reading the file each line, using AWK to parse to find out ",," and then insert 0.0 . It works but very slow. Need... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: wincrazy
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Char/byte positions of delimiters in file

I have a pipe delimited file and I'm trying to write a script that will give the character/byte positions of each pipe in the file. There may be some simple way but I don't know what it is... Can someone help with this? Ex: file has output below abc|def|ghi| I want the script to tell the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: basz808
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting fields from a file having multiple delimiters

Hi All, I have a file with a single row having the following text ABC.ABC.ABC,Database,New123,DBNAME,F,ABC.ABC.ABC_APP,"@FUNCTION1("ENT1") ,@FUNCTION2("ENT2")",R, I want an output in the following format ABC.ABC.ABC DBNAME ABC.ABC.ABC_APP '@FUNCTION1("ENT1")... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev.devil.1983
3 Replies
Net::LDAP::FilterMatch(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Net::LDAP::FilterMatch(3)

NAME
Net::LDAP::FilterMatch - LDAP entry matching SYNOPSIS
use Net::LDAP::Entry; use Net::LDAP::Filter; use Net::LDAP::FilterMatch; my $entry = new Net::LDAP::Entry; $entry->dn("cn=dummy entry"); $entry->add ( 'cn' => 'dummy entry', 'street' => [ '1 some road','nowhere' ] ); my @filters = (qw/(cn=dummy*) (ou=*) (&(cn=dummy*)(street=*road)) (&(cn=dummy*)(!(street=nowhere)))/); for (@filters) { my $filter = Net::LDAP::Filter->new($_); print $_,' : ', $filter->match($entry) ? 'match' : 'no match' ," "; } ABSTRACT
This extension of the class Net::LDAP::Filter provides entry matching functionality on the Perl side. Given an entry it will tell whether the entry matches the filter object. It can be used on its own or as part of a Net::LDAP::Server based LDAP server. METHOD
match ( ENTRY [ ,SCHEMA ] ) Return whether ENTRY matches the filter object. If a schema object is provided, the selection of matching algorithms will be derived from schema. In case of error undef is returned. For approximate matching like (cn~=Schmidt) there are several modules that can be used. By default the following modules will be tried in this order: String::Approx Text::Metaphone Text::Soundex If none of these modules is found it will fall back on a simple regexp algorithm. If you want to specifically use one implementation only, simply do use Net::LDAP::FilterMatch qw(Text::Soundex); SEE ALSO
Net::LDAP::Filter COPYRIGHT
This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. AUTHORS
Hans Klunder <hans.klunder@bigfoot.com> Peter Marschall <peter@adpm.de> perl v5.12.1 2010-03-12 Net::LDAP::FilterMatch(3)