Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Split single rows to multiple rows .. Post 302489991 by daPeach on Sunday 23rd of January 2011 07:53:06 AM
Old 01-23-2011
Hi,

in bash, you'll adapt if needed to KSH:
Code:
while IFS='|' read -r -a array; do printf '%s\n' "${array[@]}"; done < yourSample
aaaaa 
erereer<5spaces>ooo
tteererer<4spaces>ooooo
rrererere<6SPACES>oo<6SPACES>oo<6SPACES>oo<6SPACES>oo<6SPACES>oo
eeee

Code:
tr '|' $'\n' < yourSample

same output

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting Single Column into Multiple rows

i have single column which is starting with same string(many number of rows) i have to convert each into a single row.how can i do that? laknar std mes 23 55 laknar isd phone no address amount 99 I have to convert above like below. laknar|std|mes|23|55 laknar|isd|phone... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Single column into multiple rows

Hi all, I need to convert this file having just one column into two column file current file: a 15 b 21 c 34 d 48 e 10 wanted: a 15 b 21 c 34 (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: prachiagra
15 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting Multiple rows to Single Row using unix commands

Can somebody help me in solving this.. Input data is like 0 A 1 B 2 C 3 D 0 A1 1 B1 2 C1 3 D1 0 A2 1 B2 2 C2 3 D2 Output should be like A B C D A1 B1 C1 D1 A2 B2 C2 D2 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mahantesh Patil
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to merge multiple rows into single row if first column matches ?

Hi, Can anyone suggest quick way to get desired output? Sample input file content: A 12 9 A -0.3 2.3 B 1.0 -4 C 34 1000 C -111 900 C 99 0.09 Output required: A 12 9 -0.3 2.3 B 1.0 -4 C 34 1000 -111 900 99 0.09 Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbm_000
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[SOLVED] splitting a single column(with spaces) into multiple rows

Hi All, My requisite is to split a single column of phonemes seperated by spaces into multiple rows. my input file is: a dh u th a qn ch A v U r k my o/p should be like: adhu a dh u (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: girlofgenuine
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transpose multiple rows (with a mix of space and enter) to a single column

How to change the uploaded weekly file data to the following format? New Well_Id,Old Well_Id,District,Thana,Date,Data,R.L,WellType,Lati.,Longi. BAG001,PT006,BARGUNA,AMTALI,1/2/1978,1.81,2.29,Piezometer,220825,901430 BAG001,PT006,BARGUNA,AMTALI,1/9/1978,1.87,2.29,Piezometer,220825,901430... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sara.nowreen
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert single column into multiple rows

Convert Single column to multiple rows file a.txt contains data like below Server=abc Run=1 Tables=10 Sessions=16 Time=380 Jobs=5 Server=abc Run=2 Tables=15 Sessions=16 Time=400 Jobs=5 Server=abc Run=3 Tables=20 Sessions=16 Time=450 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sol_nov
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting a single row to multiple rows

Hi, I want to convert a single row values to multiple rows, but the no. of rows are not fixed. For example, I have a row as below abc-def-lmn-mno-xyz out put should be get abc get def get lmn get xyz (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Suneel Mekala
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting Single Column into Multiple rows

Hi .. anyone can you help me ? i need to convert text below into multiple columns interface; GigabitEthernet0/0/0/0 description; TRUNK_PE-D2-JT2-VPN_Gi0/0/0/0_TO_ME4-A-JKT-JT_4/1/1_1G mtu 9212 negotiation auto interface; GigabitEthernet0/0/0/0.11 description; tes encapsulation;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mad3linux
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to split one long column into multiple rows with 3 each ?

I have a large csv dataset like this : A value1 A value2 A value3 B value1 B value2 B value3 C value1 C value2 C value3 what I expected output is :A value1 value2 value3 B value1 value2 value3 C value1 value2 value3 I'm thinking of use like awk, columns , but haven't find a proper... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nengcheng
4 Replies
idna_to_unicode_44i(3)						      libidn						    idna_to_unicode_44i(3)

NAME
idna_to_unicode_44i - API function SYNOPSIS
#include <idna.h> int idna_to_unicode_44i(const uint32_t * in, size_t inlen, uint32_t * out, size_t * outlen, int flags); ARGUMENTS
const uint32_t * in input array with unicode code points. size_t inlen length of input array with unicode code points. uint32_t * out output array with unicode code points. size_t * outlen on input, maximum size of output array with unicode code points, on exit, actual size of output array with unicode code points. int flags an Idna_flags value, e.g., IDNA_ALLOW_UNASSIGNED or IDNA_USE_STD3_ASCII_RULES. DESCRIPTION
The ToUnicode operation takes a sequence of Unicode code points that make up one domain label and returns a sequence of Unicode code points. If the input sequence is a label in ACE form, then the result is an equivalent internationalized label that is not in ACE form, otherwise the original sequence is returned unaltered. ToUnicode never fails. If any step fails, then the original input sequence is returned immediately in that step. The Punycode decoder can never output more code points than it inputs, but Nameprep can, and therefore ToUnicode can. Note that the number of octets needed to represent a sequence of code points depends on the particular character encoding used. The inputs to ToUnicode are a sequence of code points, the AllowUnassigned flag, and the UseSTD3ASCIIRules flag. The output of ToUnicode is always a sequence of Unicode code points. RETURN VALUE
Returns Idna_rc error condition, but it must only be used for debugging purposes. The output buffer is always guaranteed to contain the correct data according to the specification (sans malloc induced errors). NB! This means that you normally ignore the return code from this function, as checking it means breaking the standard. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-libidn@gnu.org>. GNU Libidn home page: http://www.gnu.org/software/libidn/ General help using GNU software: http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002-2013 Simon Josefsson. Copying and distribution of this file, with or without modification, are permitted in any medium without royalty provided the copyright notice and this notice are preserved. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for libidn is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and libidn programs are properly installed at your site, the command info libidn should give you access to the complete manual. libidn 1.28 idna_to_unicode_44i(3)