Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX 5.3 on p275 - how to login from ANSI terminal? Post 302489972 by AixCraft on Sunday 23rd of January 2011 05:10:54 AM
Old 01-23-2011
MySQL smitty tty6

Try to configure the console with smitty tty,
The ANSI terminals name are "tty"
and the LCD terminal name are "lft'

you can also user the 'lsattr -El tty0" command to view all tty attributes,

please let me know whats happen success.

Aixcraft

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Login from X-terminal

I have a Solaris 8 system acting as a NIS slave. My /etc/nsswitch.conf file specifies passwd: files nis and in general users can login successfully. However, I have a few users who use X-terminals booted off the Solaris box and these people are unable to login unless they have entries in the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scrollon
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert file from Unix - ANSI to PC - ANSI

Hi, I am creating a file in Unix using a shell script. The file is getting created in the Unix - ANSI format. My requirement is to convert it to the PC - ANSI format. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Thanks, Sunil (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssmallya
0 Replies

3. Programming

why the implementatoin of Bakery algorithm in ANSI C does not work in ANSI C

I follow the description of wiki (Lamport's bakery algorithm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), then implement that algorithm in C, but it doesn't work, Starving is still here, is the implementation worry? Only print out: Thread ID: 0 START! Thread ID: 0 END! Thread ID: 0 START!... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sehang
2 Replies

4. AIX

AIX 5.3 on p275 - "|" key doesn't work (!)

More issues. The "|" key doesn't work at all, either in the text terminal or in mwm (which starts fine when I do "startx"). How am I supposed to troubleshoot without a "|" key? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smithfarm
2 Replies

5. AIX

AIX 5.3 on p275 - DVD-ROM drive not recognized

I was having problems with the DVD-ROM drive not being recognized. I thought it was a configuration issue, but it appears to be a hardware problem. Now the system hangs at boot. This last time I tried it, it said: At which point, it hangs. (1 Reply)
1 Replies

6. AIX

AIX 5.3 on p275 - "Remote I/O Attachment Summary"?

As the p275 is coming up, I get this weird "Remote I/O Attachment Summary" diagram on the ASCII terminal. Any idea what that is? (1 Reply)
1 Replies

7. AIX

User Account Login Login on your AIX server

I want to learn AIX. I would like to find someone who would be willing to give me a login to their AIX home lab server. My intent is to poke around and discover the similarities and differences of AIX compared to other *NIXs. I am a UNIX admin so I can think of what some immediate concerns may... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perl_in_my_shel
1 Replies

8. AIX

AIX 7.1 Login Terminal

Hi there, I am a newbie in AIX. I have reboot the AIX today and then the CDE login screen disappear. :eek:I have reboot several times and still it only shows the terminal (lft0) with only green characters and black screen:confused:. Anyway I can have the CDE login screen back?:confused: Also, as... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnytai
5 Replies

9. AIX

Not able to login AIX server but able to login thru console.

Hi, i am able to login to AX server thru console but not able to login directly thru server. also the server is not ping-able with other server. filesystem is fine. and OS version is AIX 5.3. please let me know if you need any specific log. thx in advance. Scriptor (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
2 Replies
DISPLAYS(5)                                                     File Formats Manual                                                    DISPLAYS(5)

NAME
displays - Display Configuration File DESCRIPTION
The interactive graphics programs Caesar, Magic, and Gremlin use two separate terminals: a text terminal from which commands are issued, and a color graphics terminal on which graphical output is displayed. These programs use a displays file to associate their text terminal with its corresponding display device. The displays file is an ASCII text file with one line for each text terminal/graphics terminal pair. Each line contains 4 items separated by spaces: the name of the port attached to a text terminal, the name of the port attached to the associated graphics terminal, the phos- phor type of the graphics terminal's monitor, and the type of graphics terminal. An applications program may use the phosphor type to select a color map tuned to the monitor's characteristics. Only the std phosphor type is supported at UC Berkeley. The graphics terminal type specifies the device driver a program should use when communicating with its graphics terminal. Magic supports types UCB512, AED1024, and SUN120. Other programs may recognize different display types. See the manual entry for your specific applica- tion for more information. A sample displays file is: /dev/ttyi1 /dev/ttyi0 std UCB512 /dev/ttyj0 /dev/ttyj1 std UCB512 /dev/ttyjf /dev/ttyhf std UCB512 /dev/ttyhb /dev/ttyhc std UCB512 /dev/ttyhc /dev/ttyhb std UCB512 (R) In this example, /dev/ttyi1 connects to a text terminal. An associated UCB512 graphics terminal with standard phosphor is connected to /dev/ttyi0. FILES
Magic uses the displays file ~cad/lib/displays. Gremlin looks in /usr/local/displays. SEE ALSO
magic(1) 3rd Berkeley Distribution 2/19/85 DISPLAYS(5)