Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX find command modify the output Post 302489929 by frank_rizzo on Saturday 22nd of January 2011 04:09:24 PM
Old 01-22-2011
try this.
Code:
find /usr/monitor/text/ -type f -mtime -1 -print|while read a;do echo $(basename $a);done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

output of find command

Hi, I am confused about the output of find command. Please see the two find commands below. When i put "*.c" i get lots of files. But when i put *c only i get only one file. Any answer?? $ find . -name "*c" ./clarify/cheval/hp_server/rulemanager/rulemansvc... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shriashishpatil
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

hiding output from find command

when I do the find command from / , there are a lot of directories that I do not have access to and so I get "find: cannot open ..." How can I suppress these messages so only what was found is output. I was thinking on find / -name 'searchterm' | grep -v find but this doesnt work ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

create PATH from find command output

I'm trying to autogenerate a PATH variable from the output of a find command as follows: PATH=`find $dir -name "*.jar" | sed 's/$/:/'` The output looks similar like this if I echo it: PATH=/path/to/1.jar: /path/to/2.jar: /path/to/3.jar: I want the path to be on one line. I'm on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rein
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Incorrect output using find command

I'm using the below command to list files older than 2 hours but it returns redundant output, am I missing something. # find . -mmin +120 -exec ls -l {} \; total 0 -rw-r--r-- 1 root system 0 Oct 13 09:52 test1 -rw-r--r-- 1 root system 0 Oct 13 09:52 test2 -rw-r--r-- 1 root ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbak
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem with output of find command being input to basename command...

Hi, I am triying to make sure that there exists only one file with the pattern abc* in path /path/. This directory is having many huge files. If there is only one file then I have to take its complete name only to use furter in my script. I am planning to do like this: if ; then... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: new_learner
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrong output in find command

Hi guys - I am trying a small script to tell me if there is a file that exists less than 1k. It should report ERROR, otherwise the check is good. I wrote this script down, however it never runs in the if/then statement. It always returns the echo ERROR. MYSIZE=$(find /home/student/dir1... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: DallasT
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output of find command to variable?

Hi, I'd like to assign the output of the find command to a variable. What I need is to run the find command, and if it returns zero files, the program exits. so i'm trying to assign the output of the find command to the $var1 variable....and then if this is less than one, I echo a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: horhif
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare the output of find command

Hi All, I am trying to run find command in a script to list out certain files based on a patter. However, when there is no file in the output, the script should exit. Tried a couple of operators (-n, -z) etc but the script does not work. I am confused whether a null string is returned... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: danish0909
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command don't output anything, but file is there

Please if You can help me debug why nothing is found by this command? # echo "Zeus Robot" >> /home/vps/190/test # cat /home/vps/190/test Zeus Robot # find /home/vps -type f -mtime 2 -size -1000k -exec grep -l "Zeus Robot" {} \; >> out # cat out # cat /home/vps/190/test Zeus Robot Why... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: postcd
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Better Align--output of find command

Hi, i have sh program which search for a file in a folder structure and provides its path. This is just used to see if that file exits more that once anywhere down the folder structure. I have used find command to search & printing it output on terminal. I have attached screen shot of it.... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveenkumar198
10 Replies
basename(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands					      basename(1B)

NAME
basename - display portions of pathnames SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/basename string [suffix] DESCRIPTION
The basename utility deletes any prefix ending in `/' and the suffix, if present in string. It directs the result to the standard output, and is normally used inside substitution marks (` `) within shell procedures. The suffix is a string with no special significance attached to any of the characters it contains. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Using the basename command. This shell procedure invoked with the argument /usr/src/bin/cat.c compiles the named file and moves the output to cat in the current direc- tory: example% cc $1 example% mv a.out `basename $1 .c` ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
sh(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 28 Mar 1995 basename(1B)