Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX 5.3 on p275 - DVD-ROM drive not recognized Post 302489869 by smithfarm on Saturday 22nd of January 2011 06:45:40 AM
Old 01-22-2011
AIX 5.3 on p275 - DVD-ROM drive not recognized

I was having problems with the DVD-ROM drive not being recognized. I thought it was a configuration issue, but it appears to be a hardware problem. Now the system hangs at boot. This last time I tried it, it said:

Quote:
Automatic Error Log Analysis for sysplanar0 has detected a problem.
The Service Request Number is
651-880: The CEC or SPCN reported an error. Report the SRN and the following reference and physical location codes to your service provider..

/dev/rhd1 (/home): ** Unmounted cleanly - Check suppressed
... normal startup message (tcpip services starting, etc.)
Starting NFS services:
0513-059 The biod Subsystem has been started. Subsystem PID is 188508.
At which point, it hangs.

Last edited by smithfarm; 01-22-2011 at 12:45 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

DVD-ROM on Solaris 2.6

Netra T1 running Solaris 2.6 with following DVD installed: c0t6d0 Soft Errors: 131 Hard Errors: 0 Transport Errors: 0 Vendor: TOSHIBA Product: DVD-ROM SD-M1401 Revision: 1007 I know the cdrw command isn't in Solaris until version 8 and DVD is suppose to be udfs (not supported... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RTM
3 Replies

2. Solaris

external DVD-ROM drive for our datacentre

Hi there In our Data centre we have a mixture of SPARCS running from v100 and ultra10's to v800 and v1250 boxes we also have a large amount of x86 X2100 and X4100 boxes I am looking to purchase an external DVD-ROM drive that we can plug into the back of any of the boxes if we need to (I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Enterprise 4500 DVD-ROM

Hello, We have a Sun Enterprise 4500. I checked the product manual from SUN's site and it says it has a DVD-ROM. I downloaded Solaris 10 DVD image and burned it to a DVD and put it into the box but I don't see anyting in the /cdrom folder. Is there a command I can use to confirm if I have... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zafyil
5 Replies

4. Solaris

cd rom to dvd rom drive swap

Hello, I need to replace a cd rom drive with a dvd rom drive in a SunFire v120 running Solaris 8. My objective is to install Solaris 10 from dvd disc. Downloading Solaris 10 cd discs is not an option since I am in Baghdad, Iraq and connection speeds are horrible. So far, all I can get is power to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: 555
9 Replies

5. HP-UX

External DVD-ROM drive issue whether it is working or not? on HP rp7400

Please help me > How to diag the external DVD-ROM drive issue whether it is working or not? on HP 9000 server rp7400 I needed to install HP 11i v1 using external DVD-ROM drive on HP 9000 server rp7400. While boot in CO> “search” command is not showing DVD-ROM device only showing all disks >... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tpuser
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

external DVD-ROM drive issue whether it is working or not?on HP rp74000

old clunker - rp74000 How to diag the external DVD-ROM drives issue whether it is working or not? on HP 9000 server rp7400 Please help me > I needed to install HP 11i v1 using external DVD-ROM drive on HP 9000 server rp7400. While boot in CO> “search” command is not showing DVD-ROM device... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tpuser
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Verify DVD Rom?

Hi All, I'm a total noob when it comes to troubleshooting Sun hardware issues, however, I've been tasked with just a task. How can I verify if the DVD rom is working in a Sun system? We've put in the dvd, but can't do anything. This is from command line. Thanks. ---------- Post updated at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
1 Replies

8. AIX

need help - How to mount DVD rom in AIX in Command line

Dear Friends could u pls help me on this . how to mount DVD rom in command line in aix? THanks DD (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ded325
4 Replies

9. Hardware

inability to use cd rom or dvd burner

Here is my conundrum . I am unable to access my cd or dvd after I supposedly alter the BIOS setting to enable a "Live" CD or DVD to be used. Would ,changing the Hard Drive or Motherboard remedy the situation. Thanking you, katosan:wall::wall: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: katosan
2 Replies

10. AIX

AIX physical DVD/CD drive

Hello, I have some doubts about the dvd/cd physical on power machine and AIX. I see on my AIX lpar and see there is 1 DVD drive and its physical location bash-4.4# lsdev | grep cd0 cd0 Available 03-00-00 SATA DVD-RAM Drive bash-4.4# lscfg -vpl cd0 cd0 ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phat
12 Replies
ATAPICAM(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 					       ATAPICAM(4)

NAME
atapicam -- CAM XPT (transport) module for ATAPI devices SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device scbus device ata device atapicam Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): atapicam_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The ATAPI/CAM module allows ATAPI devices (CD-ROM, CD-RW, DVD drives, floppy drives such as Iomega Zip, tape drives) to be accessed through the SCSI subsystem, cam(4). ata(4) and scbus(4) must be configured in the kernel as well. The SCSI target drivers (cd(4), da(4), or st(4)) can then be used to access the devices. The generic passthrough device, pass(4), can also be used to send SCSI commands directly to the devices through the CAM API. A separate CAM bus is created for each ATA bus in the system. On each of these buses, target ID 0 is assigned to the master device, and ID 1 is assigned to the slave (provided they are ATAPI devices). IMPLEMENTATION NOTES
Some SCSI commands are intercepted by the driver, and undergo special processing in order to work around limitations of ATAPI devices. Such limitations can be consequences of the ATAPI specification. For example, ATAPI devices do not implement the 6-byte versions of MODE_SELECT, MODE_SENSE, READ, or WRITE. They can also be common bugs, such as hanging when queried for extended INQUIRY information. EXAMPLES
device ata device atapicam device scbus device cd device pass Add the atapicam driver to the kernel. camcontrol devlist Print the list of all devices available through CAM. mount -t cd9660 /dev/cd0 /mnt Mount a CD-ROM from an ATAPI CD-ROM drive (the command above assumes that the ATAPI drive is the only CD-ROM unit). SEE ALSO
ata(4), cam(4), scsi(4), atacontrol(8), camcontrol(8) HISTORY
The ATAPI/CAM driver first appeared in FreeBSD 4.8 and FreeBSD 5.0. AUTHORS
The ATAPI/CAM driver was written by Thomas Quinot <thomas@FreeBSD.org>. BUGS
atapicam and ATAPI-specific target drivers (acd(4), ast(4), and afd(4)) can be configured in the same kernel. Simultaneous access to the same device through the SCSI generic drivers and the ATAPI-specific drivers may cause problems and is strongly discouraged. BSD
October 22, 2009 BSD