Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Name file with sys date
Operating Systems Solaris Name file with sys date Post 302489757 by neil.k on Friday 21st of January 2011 01:42:21 PM
Old 01-21-2011
Name file with sys date

Hi,

I would like to rename log files with sys date as extension.
eg xyz.log --> xyz.log.01-21-2011

How do I do this? Any hints?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux sys date changing

Could anyone help me on related commands in linux for viewing the current date of system & any command for changing the date of system. Tanx --nikk (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nikk
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Transfer whole file sys from one server to another

Hi, well i am not that good in shell prog. and just shifted to do this work. i was assigned to look all the dir/ sub-dir in a folder like /usr who are the owners, users and groups for the respective dir/sub-dir. its really a hectic process to see each n every file. i used the command...... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnadvn
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

How to remove swap file sys without reboot?

hi every body i am trying to remove logical volume i configured as a swap device but when i removed by smh i ran " swapinfo" it keeps the device and didn't feel that device removed also i "lvremove /dev/vg01/swapvol" also swapinfo not feel i want it feel that i reduced the swap without reboot... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
4 Replies

4. Programming

could not open source file "sys/elf_386.h"

Hello All, i am porting my application from SunSolaris to Linux (RHEL4). When i compile my c/c++ code i am getting the following errors. 1. catastrophic error: could not open source file "sys/elf_386.h" #include <sys/elf_386.h> 2. catastrophic error: could not open source file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tsaravanan
2 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

sys/sysinfo.h: No such file or directory --> MACOSX 10.6.4

duplicate thread I need a real help to compile a small program which compiles fine with g++ in Linux machines. However I need to compile-it in my machine with g++. I have this problem and I dont know how to solve it: sys/sysinfo.h: No such file or directory could someone please help me? Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: c_lady
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sys/sysinfo.h: No such file or directory --> MACOSX 10.6.4

I need a real help to compile a small program which compiles fine with g++ in Linux machines. However I need to compile-it in my machine with g++. I have this problem and I dont know how to solve it: sys/sysinfo.h: No such file or directory could someone please help me? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: c_lady
2 Replies

7. Programming

#include file <sys/libcsys.h>: not found

Hi, Currently am working on pooling of messages from one host to another.. I included "#include <sys/libcsys.h>" library in my C code.. But I found in the output as, #include file <sys/libcsys.h>: not found I know that "libcsys.h" library is used for kernel extensions.. I can't figure... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move all files except sys date (today) files in Solaris 10

I want to move all files from one directory to another directory excluding today (sysdate files) on daily basis. file name is in pattern file_2013031801, file_2013031802 etc (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: khattak
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to pick the latest file with date as one among the file name.( not exactly present date.)?

i have files like 1)20131112_abc_01.csv and 2)20131113_abc_01.csv and 3)20131113_abc_02.csv when i try to fetch the file in the next day. it shud pick the third file.. plz help me.. and i use `date +"%Y%m%d"` command to fetch..it fetches the current date... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: applepie
2 Replies

10. Programming

Interactive Python 3.5+ sys.stdout.write() AND sys.stderr.write() bug?

(Apologies for any typos.) OSX 10.12.3 AND Windows 10. This is for the serious Python experts on at least 3.5.x and above... In script format sys.stdout.write() AND sys.stderr.write() seems to work correctly. Have I found a serious bug in the interactive sys.stdout.write() AND... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
2 Replies
DOVEADM-LOG(1)							      Dovecot							    DOVEADM-LOG(1)

NAME
doveadm-log - Locate, test or reopen Dovecot's log files SYNOPSIS
doveadm [-Dv] log errors doveadm [-Dv] log find [directory] doveadm [-Dv] log reopen doveadm [-Dv] log test DESCRIPTION
The doveadm log commands are used to locate and reopen the log files of dovecot(1). It's also possible to test the configured targets of the *log_path settings. OPTIONS
Global doveadm(1) options: -D Enables verbosity and debug messages. -v Enables verbosity, including progress counter. COMMANDS
log errors doveadm log errors The log errors command is used to show the last - up to 1,000 - errors and warnings. If no output is generated, no errors have occurred since the last start. log find doveadm log find [directory] The log find command is used to show the location of the log files, to which dovecot(1) sends its log messages. If dovecot(1) logs its messages through syslogd(8) and doveadm(1) could not find any log files, you can specify the directory where your syslogd writes its log files. log reopen doveadm log reopen This command causes doveadm to reopen all log files, configured in the log_path, info_log_path and debug_log_path settings. These settings are configured in /etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-logging.conf. This is for example useful after manually rotating the log files. log test doveadm log test This command causes doveadm to write the message "This is Dovecot's priority log (timestamp)" to the configured log files. The used prior- ities are: debug, info, warning, error and fatal. EXAMPLE
This example shows how to locate the log files used by dovecot(1). doveadm log find Looking for log files from /var/log Debug: /var/log/dovecot.debug Info: /var/log/mail.log Warning: /var/log/mail.log Error: /var/log/mail.log Fatal: /var/log/mail.log REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs, including doveconf -n output, to the Dovecot Mailing List <dovecot@dovecot.org>. Information about reporting bugs is avail- able at: http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html SEE ALSO
doveadm(1) Dovecot v2.1 2012-02-22 DOVEADM-LOG(1)