Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Swing GUI hangs on Mac OS
Top Forums Programming Swing GUI hangs on Mac OS Post 302489752 by akash.mahakode on Friday 21st of January 2011 01:11:03 PM
Old 01-21-2011
Swing GUI hangs on Mac OS

Hi All,

I have created a simple swing application, that has 3 textfields, and 2 buttons. When I try to run the code, following error comes and GUI hangs.
Code:
2011-01-21 22:32:39.905 java[7911:a07] [Java CocoaComponent compatibility mode]: Enabled
2011-01-21 22:32:39.908 java[7911:a07] [Java CocoaComponent compatibility mode]: Setting timeout for SWT to 0.100000
2011-01-21 22:32:40.589 java[7911:a07] *** __NSAutoreleaseNoPool(): Object 0x123de0 of class __NSCFDate autoreleased with no pool in place - just leaking
2011-01-21 22:32:40.590 java[7911:a07] *** __NSAutoreleaseNoPool(): Object 0x155de0 of class NSCFTimer autoreleased with no pool in place - just leaking

I have googled through above error message and got to know that if I provide"-XstartOnFirstThread" as a VM argument then everything will work fine. But noting is fruitful in my case.

Please help me out since its too urgent.

Regards,
max

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

Deleting from Mac on GUI?

On the Mac, if you delete a file from the GUI, it actually gets moved to a .Trashes folder in your home directory. However, if you rm a file from the terminal application (command line), it is gone for good immediately like in other unix implementations. I would like to see Apple make this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wmosley2
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If a is windows gui ( client), b is a unix gui ( Server for a) and c is a shell scrip

Hello all, 1) I want to have a GUI application that will call Unix shell scripts, 2) that GUI application should be able to reside on windows ( if possible) and then call Unix shell script either directly or through a server residing on unix. That is for example. If a is windows gui (... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hchivukula
1 Replies

3. Programming

Swing and Unix

We use a Unix terminal emulator like xterm at work to connect to our Unix machines from our PCs. I need to set up an interactive form that can display form elements (like toggle, radio, buttons, drop-down lists, etc). I thought it'd be a simple thing to use Java's Swing classes to help with this,... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: nwboy74
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

GUI Shell Script Mac OS X - Working Directory

Hi. I'm pretty new to shell scripting. All I want to do is have a simple shell script that opens a python script from the GUI i.e. when I double click the shell script it will launch the python file. However when I try to do this it looks for the python file in my home directory, I have tried... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: whatg
1 Replies

5. Programming

Java Swing

Hi All, I am new to java swing. I want to develop a electronic schematic editor in java swing. An schematic editor is one where you can put all electronic components and join them to make a circuit. Its like drawing your circuit on paper. Here the paper would be like graph paper or grid which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: diehard
1 Replies

6. Programming

Python gui or C++ gui or java gui?

python gui or c++ gui or java gui? and when to use etch one? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kaja
1 Replies
serialver(1)						      General Commands Manual						      serialver(1)

NAME
serialver - serial version command SYNOPSIS
serialver [ options ] [ classnames ] options Command-line options, as specified in this document. classnames One or more class names. DESCRIPTION
serialver returns the serialVersionUID for one or more classes in a form suitable for copying into an evolving class. When invoked with no arguments, it prints a usage line. OPTIONS
-classpath <directories and zip/jar files separated by:> Set search path for application classes and resources. -show Displays a simple user interface. Enter the full class name and press either the Enter key or the Show button to display the serialVersionUID. -Joption Pass option to the Java virtual machine, where option is one of the options described on the man page for the java applica- tion launcher, java(1). For example, -J-Xms48m sets the startup memory to 48 megabytes. It is a common convention for -J to pass options to the underlying virtual machine. SEE ALSO
See (or search java.sun.com) for the following: java.io.ObjectStreamClass @ http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5/docs/api/java/io/ObjectStreamClass.html 24 June 2004 serialver(1)