Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: [Perl] script -database
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [Perl] script -database Post 302489694 by qwerty007 on Friday 21st of January 2011 09:54:21 AM
Old 01-21-2011
Thank you. But it says much to me. Could someone help me write this script?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

error connecting database from perl

Hi, While i am trying to connect to Oracle database from Perl using DBI module,am getting the error as follows : Can't load '/usr/local/fuseperl-modules/lib/i586-linux-thread-multi/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so' for module DBD::Oracle: libwtc9.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Database access

Hi, I tried to run this code but it isnt giving me any output or errors. My aim is to retrieve the row based on the flag name(this is the primary key). flag_test is my table This is how i ran it: perl read_db.pl flag1 flag1 is the criteria in where clause -------- this is my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mercuryshipzz
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating A Perl Script over a database

Dear Scripting Gods I've never done shell scripting before and have only recently got to grips with Perl, so apologies for my naivity. I've written a perl program which takes in two files as arguments (these are text documents which take in the information I need) The perl program spits out a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fraizerangus
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl, testing a database for a match

hi there. in perl, I am struggling to find a simple method of connecting to a database, determining if the result of my query is "true" and then testing against the result. I dont even really want the data that i am 'SELECT'íng. i effectively just want to check that a record exists with a UID... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rethink
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to connect to database using JDBC driver?

How to connect to SQL Server database from perl script using JDBC driver? ---------- Post updated at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:07 PM ---------- i have sqljdbc.jar file. by setting the class path how can i connect to the database using perl script? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with perl database printing

Hey guys i am using perl and trying to pull a list of books from a database and then populate the list in a separate TT2 file. When the list is generated there should be 39 book names. When I do the foreach statement in my tt2 below, the first statement gives me 39 Array(random number) and the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Joey12
1 Replies

7. Programming

Help with mySQL database by perl script

Hello; I was trying to set up a mysql database using following script, but never went through. The code seems fine without any syntax error as I tested it: perl -c Brapa0101-db.pl Brapa0101-db.pl syntax OKHowever, whenever I run it, an error message was tossed out: DBD::mysql::st execute... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
7 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

SQL database call into Multidimensional Array using Perl Script

#!/usr/local/bin/perl use DBI; use File::Copy; use Time::Local; use Data::Dumper; -Comments Describing what I'm doing-------------- -I'm pulling information from a database that has an ID and Name. They are separated by a space and I'm trying to load them into a multidimensional array so as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eazyeddie22
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script database date convertion

Need assistance Below script get the output correctly I want to convert the date format .Below is the output . Any idea ? #!/usr/bin/perl -w use DBI; # Get a database handle by connecting to the database my $db = DBI->connect(... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required for Oracle database shutdown script conversion from shell to perl

Please tell me how to convert below program from shell script to perl. Same commands need to use in shutdown, just need program help for startup. export ORACLE_BASE=/home/oracle1 lsnrctl start lndb1 sqlplus '/ as sysdba' startup; (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
2 Replies
SCRIPT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 SCRIPT(1)

NAME
script -- make typescript of terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-adfpqr] [-c command] [file] DESCRIPTION
script makes a typescript of everything printed on your terminal. It is useful for students who need a hardcopy record of an interactive session as proof of an assignment, as the typescript file can be printed out later with lpr(1). If the argument file is given, script saves all dialogue in file. If no file name is given, the typescript is saved in the file typescript. Option: -a Append the output to file or typescript, retaining the prior contents. -c command Run the named command instead of the shell. Useful for capturing the output of a program that behaves differently when associated with a tty. -d When playing back a session with the -p flag, don't sleep between records when playing back a timestamped session. -f Flush output after each write. This is useful for watching the script output in real time. -p Play back a session recorded with the -r flag in real time. -q Be quiet, and don't output started and ended lines. -r Record a session with input, output, and timestamping. The script ends when the forked shell exits (a control-D to exit the Bourne shell (sh(1)), and exit, logout or control-d (if ignoreeof is not set) for the C-shell, csh(1)). Certain interactive commands, such as vi(1), create garbage in the typescript file. script works best with commands that do not manipulate the screen, the results are meant to emulate a hardcopy terminal. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variable is used by script: SHELL If the variable SHELL exists, the shell forked by script will be that shell. If SHELL is not set, the Bourne shell is assumed. (Most shells set this variable automatically). SEE ALSO
csh(1) (for the history mechanism). HISTORY
The script command appeared in 3.0BSD. BUGS
script places everything in the log file, including linefeeds and backspaces. This is not what the naive user expects. BSD
October 17, 2009 BSD