Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers View tape backup files on RHEL5 Operating System Post 302489643 by optimum on Friday 21st of January 2011 04:27:31 AM
Old 01-21-2011
This adds to the previous screenshots sent earlier on view tape backup content from AIX . Regards
View tape backup files on RHEL5 Operating System-view-aix-tape-backuppng
View tape backup files on RHEL5 Operating System-view-liunx-backup-aix-error-.png

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

? View A Backup Tape

I AM A NEWBIE PLEASE HELP!! IF YOU HAVE KSH YOU SHOULD USE A TAR COMMAND HOW DO YOU VIEW A TAPE WITH JUST AN SH. MY MIS CRASHED AND I KEEP GETTING AN ERROR MESSAGE CANNOT FORK: TOO MANY PROCESSES :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NOT A CLUE
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mounting DLT tape and to backup file to tape

Hi there: I'm new here Can anyone help me: I have DS15 Alpha server : Unix 5.1B Now i need to connect a DLVT VS80 1U Rackmount Tape Drive unit. What is the exact comman to mount the DLTape IV?? How do i make backuo @ copy file to the tape? Thanx to all (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayzeayem
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check backup file size on backup tape

Hi, I performed backup on tape and I want to append more files to my previous backup on the same backup tape. But before I do that I need to know the backup file size of the first backup I performed so that I know the available size on the backup tape. Can someone help me what command I will use... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayhanne
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to erase files from a tape used previously on Windows operating system

hi all Please may you help. I want to put my unix application backup files using tar cv8 * from a specific folder e.g /u1/sage With new tapes SONY 4mm-DL 90m i can do it with no problem at all. Now I have run out of tapes and I need to use the same kind but they were once used to back... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: isaac
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

System full backup to tape

hi, Recently, I had receive one system. it's run on the unix tru64 server. I looking some log files when i know don't work few months age system backup to tape. Below error: INFO:Tape backups to tape tape0 starting for backup list: slot2:/disk4 Backup Command Variable... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tlg13team
0 Replies

6. AIX

How to list files in AIX 3.2 mksysb backup tape

Hi, Can anyone tell how to list files in a AIX 3.2 mksysb backup tape. Thanks! Victor Cheung (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: victorcheung
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

How to view all files on DAT tape

I'm using tar and so far so good, but how can I view ALL files without having to fast forward and rewind the tape? Let's say I append 100 files onto the tape. Having to fast forward 100 times until I find the file I want is kinda tedious. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdotsen
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Backup files to tape drive on solaris

Hi, I want to take backup of files older than 20 days from a directory onto a tape drive on remote machine on Solaris. The files are of format abc-20100301000000.gz on my local machine. I know the below commands for searching files older than x days and command for backup procedure. solar1 #... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyothi_wipro
7 Replies

9. AIX

View tape backup files on RHEL5 Operating System

I have an AIX server with a tape Library residing on it. I intend to restore the data backed up to the tape on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5. First , i would want to view the contents of the tape on RHEL 5(x86) but seems to be giving an input output error. I observed that if i backup to tape on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: optimum
1 Replies

10. Solaris

How to take backup of ZFS file system on a tape drive?

Hi Guys, I want to take backup of a ZFS file system on tape drive. Can anybody help me with this? Thanks, Pras (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashant2507198
0 Replies
tcopy(1)							   User Commands							  tcopy(1)

NAME
tcopy - copy a magnetic tape SYNOPSIS
tcopy source [destination] DESCRIPTION
The tcopy utility copies the magnetic tape mounted on the tape drive specified by the source argument. The only assumption made about the contents of a tape is that there are two tape marks at the end. When only a source drive is specified, tcopy scans the tape, and displays information about the sizes of records and tape files. If a des- tination is specified, tcopy makes a copies the source tape onto the destination tape, with blocking preserved. As it copies, tcopy pro- duces the same output as it does when only scanning a tape. The tcopy utility requires the use of Berkeley-compatible device names. For example, example% tcopy /dev/rmt/1b /dev/rmt/2b ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mt(1), ioctl(2), attributes(5) NOTES
tcopy will only run on systems supporting an associated set of ioctl(2) requests. SunOS 5.11 10 Mar 2000 tcopy(1)