Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming AIX calling WINSOCK during e-mail - normal? Post 302489477 by citaylor on Thursday 20th of January 2011 02:48:02 PM
Old 01-20-2011
I would try printing the value of "errno" to find out why the socket didnt connect.
I would also have a look at "the_socket" to make sure it is >= 0.
Then I would also look at the contents of sa_in (which should be a struct sockaddr_in)
My guess from the WINSOCK comment is that this is a ported windows application. As such I believe they can be different in the way that the sa_in is formed (intel is little endian and power is big endian, so for example a missing "htons" on the port or something like that could make a difference on only one platform)

I hope this helps...
This User Gave Thanks to citaylor For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Calling All Aix Experts

I am new to the world of AIX. I want to get certified in AIX and learn it but fast. with in 3 months Could you give me some advise of a good site that with teach you or a bootcamp that is reasonable. I am really in need I am in atlanta (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Courtney3216
0 Replies

2. AIX

To find RAM Size in AIX as normal user?

Hi, Am jus trying to find the Total RAM Size of a AIX m/c (in MB)..svmon works perfectly for a superuser...But i want to achive this as a normal user...Please help me out with correct command.. Best Regards, Muthukumaran.M (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: muthukumaran13
3 Replies

3. AIX

Normal User Unable to Login Through AIX CDE

When we as normal user try to login, the session startup terminates and we are presented with the login screen.The root user is able to login without any problem.I can log in to the Aix server as normal user through telnet & using xmanager but not directly through server terminal .The Aix version... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ranadeep
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Forwarding Mail in AIX 5.3

Hello everyone, I am trying to create a forwarding scenario, and I do not seem to get it right! I created a .forward file in the directory where my personal mailbox resides. In the file is the full address to deliver email to ... yet the emails do not seem to get forwarded. Is there something... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gio001
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Oracle (11gr2) calling unix commands (aix)

I have an Oracle database running on AIX, and I have a procedure that is calling OS commands from an oracle (and it's not working anymore)... so, there was an Java stored proc in Oracle CREATE OR REPLACE AND RESOLVE JAVA SOURCE NAMED COMMON."Host" as import java.io.*; public class Host {... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bongo
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling SQL script from ksh job and send mail on some error.

Hi, I am trying to call sql script from ksh job with parameters.The parameters passed from ksh job will be used in SELECT query in sql file to SPOOL the data in extract file.My questions are: 1) How to call a sql script from ksh job with parameters? 2) How to use the parameter in sql file to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anil029
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX mail notification

plzzz help me, I want to send emails for exchange group members when the used file-system % gets more than 90%, this notification must include df -g, netstat -i,and errpt with the hostname thx in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: majd_ece
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send mail from AIX 7.1

Hi, My OS version is AIX 7.1. I am trying to send an email with a file to my mail address. sendmail or uuencode does not work. Can someone give me the correct format ? I use: uuencode <file name> | mail -s "subject" emailaddress Thanks Use code tags, thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagesh_1985
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX : Need to convert UNIX Timestamp to normal timestamp

Hello , I am working on AIX. I have to convert Unix timestamp to normal timestamp. Below is the file. The Unix timestamp will always be preceded by EFFECTIVE_TIME as first field as shown and there could be multiple EFFECTIVE_TIME in the file : 3.txt Contents of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
6 Replies

10. AIX

Unable to set ACLs on sulog - need to grant read permission to a normal user on AIX 6.1

Hi, I need to grant read permission to a normal user on sulog file on AIX 6.1. As root I did acledit sulog and aclget shows "extended permissions" as "enabled" and normal user "splunk" has read permissions. When I try to access sulog as splunk user it won't allow and aclget for splunk user... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
6 Replies
BYTEORDER(9)						   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual					      BYTEORDER(9)

NAME
bswap16, bswap32, bswap64, be16toh, be32toh, be64toh, htobe16, htobe32, htobe64, htole16, htole32, htole64, le16toh, le32toh, le64toh, be16enc, be16dec, be32enc, be32dec, be64enc, be64dec, le16enc, le16dec, le32enc, le32dec, le64enc, le64dec -- byte order operations SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/endian.h> uint16_t bswap16(uint16_t int16); uint32_t bswap32(uint32_t int32); uint64_t bswap64(uint64_t int64); uint16_t be16toh(uint16_t big16); uint32_t be32toh(uint32_t big32); uint64_t be64toh(uint64_t big64); uint16_t htobe16(uint16_t host16); uint32_t htobe32(uint32_t host32); uint64_t htobe64(uint64_t host64); uint16_t htole16(uint16_t host16); uint32_t htole32(uint32_t host32); uint64_t htole64(uint64_t host64); uint16_t le16toh(uint16_t little16); uint32_t le32toh(uint32_t little32); uint64_t le64toh(uint64_t little64); uint16_t be16dec(const void *stream); uint32_t be32dec(const void *stream); uint64_t be64dec(const void *stream); uint16_t le16dec(const void *stream); uint32_t le32dec(const void *stream); uint64_t le64dec(const void *stream); void be16enc(void *stream, uint16_t host16); void be32enc(void *stream, uint32_t host32); void be64enc(void *stream, uint64_t host64); void le16enc(void *stream, uint16_t host16); void le32enc(void *stream, uint32_t host32); void le64enc(void *stream, uint64_t host64); DESCRIPTION
The bswap16(), bswap32(), and bswap64() functions return a byte order swapped integer. On big endian systems, the number is converted to little endian byte order. On little endian systems, the number is converted to big endian byte order. The be16toh(), be32toh(), and be64toh() functions return a big endian byte ordered integer converted to the system's native byte order. The return value will be the same as the argument on big endian systems. The le16toh(), le32toh(), and le64toh() functions return a little endian byte ordered integer converted to the system's native byte order. The return value will be the same as the argument on little endian systems. The htobe16(), htobe32(), and htobe64() functions return an integer in the system's native byte order converted to big endian byte order. The return value will be the same as the argument on big endian systems. The htole16(), htole32(), and htole64() functions return an integer in the system's native byte order converted to little endian byte order. The return value will be the same as the argument on little endian systems. The be16enc(), be16dec(), be32enc(), be32dec(), be64enc(), be64dec(), le16enc(), le16dec(), le32enc(), le32dec(), le64enc(), and le64dec() functions encode and decode integers to/from octet stream on any alignment in big/little endian format. SEE ALSO
bswap(3), byteorder(3) HISTORY
The hto*() and *toh() functions first appeared in NetBSD 1.5. These were later ported to FreeBSD 5.0. These functions were originally introduced to handle PCI bus master devices that (via DMA) transfer little endian data even on big endian systems. The encode/decode functions first appeared in FreeBSD 5.1. These were later ported to NetBSD 3.0 as a part of the uuidgen(2) support. BSD
May 5, 2010 BSD