Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming AIX calling WINSOCK during e-mail - normal? Post 302489473 by ctote on Thursday 20th of January 2011 02:33:08 PM
Old 01-20-2011
AIX calling WINSOCK during e-mail - normal?

Hey everyone,

I'm completely stumped on this. An AIX machine I'm working on is attempting to send email, but the SMTP connection is failing. I have no idea what this code does or if it should even work. If someone could give me a hand, or a suggestion on what else to use, I would appreciate it.

Code:
retval = connect (the_socket, (struct sockaddr *) & sa_in,
                     sizeof(struct sockaddr_in));

I cannot debug this - when I step into connect() it appears to step-over.
Code:
#if INCL_WINSOCK_API_PROTOTYPES
WINSOCK_API_LINKAGE
int
WSAAPI
connect(
    IN SOCKET s,
    __in_bcount(namelen) const struct sockaddr FAR * name,
    IN int namelen
    );
#endif /* INCL_WINSOCK_API_PROTOTYPES */

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Calling All Aix Experts

I am new to the world of AIX. I want to get certified in AIX and learn it but fast. with in 3 months Could you give me some advise of a good site that with teach you or a bootcamp that is reasonable. I am really in need I am in atlanta (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Courtney3216
0 Replies

2. AIX

To find RAM Size in AIX as normal user?

Hi, Am jus trying to find the Total RAM Size of a AIX m/c (in MB)..svmon works perfectly for a superuser...But i want to achive this as a normal user...Please help me out with correct command.. Best Regards, Muthukumaran.M (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: muthukumaran13
3 Replies

3. AIX

Normal User Unable to Login Through AIX CDE

When we as normal user try to login, the session startup terminates and we are presented with the login screen.The root user is able to login without any problem.I can log in to the Aix server as normal user through telnet & using xmanager but not directly through server terminal .The Aix version... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ranadeep
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Forwarding Mail in AIX 5.3

Hello everyone, I am trying to create a forwarding scenario, and I do not seem to get it right! I created a .forward file in the directory where my personal mailbox resides. In the file is the full address to deliver email to ... yet the emails do not seem to get forwarded. Is there something... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gio001
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Oracle (11gr2) calling unix commands (aix)

I have an Oracle database running on AIX, and I have a procedure that is calling OS commands from an oracle (and it's not working anymore)... so, there was an Java stored proc in Oracle CREATE OR REPLACE AND RESOLVE JAVA SOURCE NAMED COMMON."Host" as import java.io.*; public class Host {... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bongo
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling SQL script from ksh job and send mail on some error.

Hi, I am trying to call sql script from ksh job with parameters.The parameters passed from ksh job will be used in SELECT query in sql file to SPOOL the data in extract file.My questions are: 1) How to call a sql script from ksh job with parameters? 2) How to use the parameter in sql file to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anil029
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX mail notification

plzzz help me, I want to send emails for exchange group members when the used file-system % gets more than 90%, this notification must include df -g, netstat -i,and errpt with the hostname thx in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: majd_ece
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send mail from AIX 7.1

Hi, My OS version is AIX 7.1. I am trying to send an email with a file to my mail address. sendmail or uuencode does not work. Can someone give me the correct format ? I use: uuencode <file name> | mail -s "subject" emailaddress Thanks Use code tags, thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagesh_1985
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX : Need to convert UNIX Timestamp to normal timestamp

Hello , I am working on AIX. I have to convert Unix timestamp to normal timestamp. Below is the file. The Unix timestamp will always be preceded by EFFECTIVE_TIME as first field as shown and there could be multiple EFFECTIVE_TIME in the file : 3.txt Contents of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
6 Replies

10. AIX

Unable to set ACLs on sulog - need to grant read permission to a normal user on AIX 6.1

Hi, I need to grant read permission to a normal user on sulog file on AIX 6.1. As root I did acledit sulog and aclget shows "extended permissions" as "enabled" and normal user "splunk" has read permissions. When I try to access sulog as splunk user it won't allow and aclget for splunk user... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
6 Replies
explain_connect_or_die(3)				     Library Functions Manual					 explain_connect_or_die(3)

NAME
explain_connect_or_die - initiate a connection on a socket and report errors SYNOPSIS
#include <libexplain/connect.h> void explain_connect_or_die(int fildes, const struct sockaddr *serv_addr, int serv_addr_size); DESCRIPTION
The explain_connect_or_die function is used to call the connect(2) system call. On failure an explanation will be printed to stderr, obtained from explain_connect(3), and then the process terminates by calling exit(EXIT_FAILURE). This function is intended to be used in a fashion similar to the following example: explain_connect_or_die(fildes, serv_addr, serv_addr_size); fildes The fildes, exactly as to be passed to the connect(2) system call. serv_addr The serv_addr, exactly as to be passed to the connect(2) system call. serv_addr_size The serv_addr_size, exactly as to be passed to the connect(2) system call. Returns: This function only returns on success. On failure, prints an explanation and exits. SEE ALSO
connect(2) initiate a connection on a socket explain_connect(3) explain connect(2) errors exit(2) terminate the calling process COPYRIGHT
libexplain version 0.52 Copyright (C) 2008 Peter Miller explain_connect_or_die(3)