Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Schedule a script to run at 10am from mon to fri Post 302489459 by everurs789 on Thursday 20th of January 2011 01:38:43 PM
Old 01-20-2011
the entry should be like this..

00 10 * * 1-5 your script

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do you schedule a command to run at 4:00 every morning?

How do you schedule a command to run at 4:00 every morning? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JosephGerard
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

set schedule to run a script at background while logout

Hi, How can I run a script at 9:00am and 6:00pm everyday? Can I run it at background while I logout my account? Please help!! Many Thanks!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: happyv
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Schedule to run every 3 minutes - CRONTAB

Hello all, I want to run a script every 3 minutes in os level and to send mail. I scheduled in crontab as 3 * * * * /mnt1/monitorscripts/testdbstart.sh I got mail every one hour and I confirmed that the script is running every 1 hour which doesn't meet my requirment. Where I am... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashanth_gs
4 Replies

4. Solaris

crontab to run mon.wed.fri

I have it set to the following 0 9 * * 1,3,5 /var/tmp/sys_diag It ran correctly on Wednesday but did not run on Friday and I am not sure why, does the above appear to be correct? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deaconf19
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

General Q: how to run/schedule a php script from cron jobs maybe via bash from shell?

Status quo is, within a web application, which is coded completely in php (not by me, I dont know php), I have to fill out several fields, and execute it manually by clicking the "go" button in my browser, several times a day. Thats because: The script itself pulls data (textfiles) from a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to schedule a cronjob to run every 15 mins ?

Hi, I want to schedule a job to run every 15 mins through cron. searched the forums and came up with this piece of code.i have given this in my crontab 0-59/15 * * * * sh /usr/ss/job But its not being run. Have i made any mistake here. Can any1 post the cron code for scheduling the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh_kb211
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Best way to schedule script to run Ubuntu 10.04

On Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, I would like to know the best way to schedule myscript.sh to run at a specified time, please provide examples and specify things like does cron have to be running, how do I check if cron is running and all that. I have tried unsuccessfully in the past to run the AT command,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: glev2005
1 Replies

8. AIX

job run before schedule on crontab

Guys, yesterday i just make a script with email as a result and put them into crontab, it will execute on 23.33. Today, i recieved email from system twice as result the script. the first email send at 23.02 and the second send at 23.33 how is the script execute two times ? the first job run... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: michlix
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Schedule and Run By weekly shell script in cronjob

Hi All, How to schedule a shell script(script name- byweeklyreport.sh) it should run by weekly in corn job or is there any script have to write to check week and then run the above script. example-1st run March 06 2013 2nd run March 20 2013 3rd run April 3 2013... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: krupasindhu18
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Schedule Job Fortnightly (FRI) in Crontab

Solaris platform. How can I schedule crontab job every 2 weeks and the job to be scheduled on Fri? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: KhawHL
7 Replies
parse_dynamic_clustertoc(1M)				  System Administration Commands			      parse_dynamic_clustertoc(1M)

NAME
parse_dynamic_clustertoc - parse clustertoc file based on dynamic entries SYNOPSIS
cdrom/export/exec/sparc.Solaris_2.x/sbin/install.d/parse_dynamic_clustertoc cdrom/export/exec/i386.Solaris_2.x/sbin/install.d/parse_dynamic_clustertoc DESCRIPTION
This script parses the clustertoc file before the suninstall(1M) process is run. parse_dynamic_clustertoc is called by a modified syscon- fig script on the install CD. When parse_dynamic_clustertoc runs, it reads the clustertoc and when it encounters SUNW_CSRMBRIFF lines, it either checks the platform using the script's builtin function, or calls an external script. The script exits with a 0 if the cluster entry is included, otherwise it will be ignored. If the cluster entry is to be included, the SUNW_CSRMBRIFF =(test test_arg)cluster line is converted to SUNW_CSRMEMBER =cluster. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Checking For an SX Framebuffer The following is an example of a simple external test to check for an SX Framebuffer. The entry in the clustertoc file is shown and fol- lowing that is the script that must be placed in the install.d/dynamic_test directory. SUNW_CSRMBRIFF=(smcc.dctoc sx)SUNWCsx #! /bin/sh # # Likewise, this file is expected to live under $(TESTDIR). # case "$1" in sx) prtconf -p | grep 'SUNW,sx' 1> /dev/null;; esac FILES
cdrom/Solaris_2.x/locale/C/.clustertoc.dynamic Dynamic version of the clustertoc file cdrom/export/exec/sparc.Solaris_2.x/sbin/install.d/dynamic_test Directory that contains any additional tests cdrom/export/exec/i386.Solaris_2.x/sbin/install.d/dynamic_test Directory that contains any additional tests ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SHWPcdrom (Solaris CD) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
suninstall(1M), clustertoc(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 6 Sep 1995 parse_dynamic_clustertoc(1M)