Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Passing text to RCS prompts in KORN script, Post 302489447 by Perderabo on Thursday 20th of January 2011 01:11:47 PM
Old 01-20-2011
It depends on how that rcs program works. A "here document" might work and it's the easiest thing to try...
Code:
rcs -u${Reqvers} $Reqfile <<END
y
prod install of $ACR
END

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing korn shell script text Menu colors?

Is it possible to change the color of text in a korn shell script Menu? I can change the color of session text through my telnet client but I want to be able to change color text in the Korn shell menu to highlight certain items. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: darthur
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script providing input to application prompts

Hi! I want to write a script that will create an archive (via tar) that will restrict the size of the tar file. The size can be constrained using the keyword 'k' and providing the size restriction. The problem is that the script needs to know (detect) when the tar command prompts the user (which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mitch8
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script answer prompts?

Hi, I'm writing a script that calls a function to generate a certificate. In generating this certificate, I'm asked a series of questions. I was wondering, is there a way to pre-program my script to answer these questions in the same way all the time. I saw something like EOF>> y EOF ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eltinator
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help on korn passing param

Hi, I need to script this: lsvg -l vg10|grep -v vg10:|grep -v LV|awk '{print "chlv -u 2 ",$1}' > script_vg10.sh So that I could just pass the parameter of the volume group. When I did this on a script: #!/bin/ksh lsvg -l %1|grep -v %1:|grep -v LV|awk '{print "chlv -u 2",$1}' >... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script prompts the user to enter four lines.

The script prompts the user to enter four lines. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: polineni
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh foo.com sudo command - Prompts for sudo password as visible text. Help?

I am writing a BASH script to update a webserver and then restart Apache. It looks basically like this: #!/bin/bash rsync /path/on/local/machine/ foo.com:path/on/remote/machine/ ssh foo.com sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 reloadrsync and ssh don't prompt for a password, because I have DSA encryption... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fluoborate
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl Rover script - anticipating prompts

At work I use this rover script to perform ID administration of machines that have no central management system. The one problem I encounter is the prompt of the machine I'm trying to reach. For instance, by default rover looks for $, which most *nix prompts do end with a $, and tries to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MaindotC
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to start program and answer prompts?

I'm trying to write a script the simplifies the execution of a program: After starting the program (sh ~/.mfix/model/make_mfix) I am prompted four times for options: Do you need SMP version? (y/n) Do you need DMP version? (y/n) Do you need debug version? (y/n) Force re-compilation of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lanew
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scrolling through text while interacting with program prompts

Hi all, I am trying write a shell script to automate the installation of a program, but during the process of the installation, the installation program requires the user to scroll through 10 pages of a license agreement. Since this is coming from stdout and is not a prompt, I am unable to send... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanlee
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sqlldr call via shell script prompts error

Good morning, I'm attempting to call sqlldr via shell script and it is prompting endIf is unec #!/bin/sh cd /tmp/v_tst FILENAME_WANTED=`date +"HourlyData_%Y%m%d_%H00.txt"` echo "FILENAME_WANTED = ${FILENAME_WANTED}" LIST_OF_FILES=`ls -rt HourlyData*.txt |tail -1` LIST_OF_FILES=`basename... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: V1l1h1
4 Replies
RCSFREEZE(1)						      General Commands Manual						      RCSFREEZE(1)

NAME
rcsfreeze - freeze a configuration of sources checked in under RCS SYNOPSIS
rcsfreeze [name] DESCRIPTION
rcsfreeze assigns a symbolic revision number to a set of RCS files that form a valid configuration. The idea is to run rcsfreeze each time a new version is checked in. A unique symbolic name (C_number, where number is increased each time rcsfreeze is run) is then assigned to the most recent revision of each RCS file of the main trunk. An optional name argument to rcsfreeze gives a symbolic name to the configuration. The unique identifier is still generated and is listed in the log file but it will not appear as part of the symbolic revision name in the actual RCS files. A log message is requested from the user for future reference. The shell script works only on all RCS files at one time. All changed files must be checked in already. Run rcsclean(1) first and see whether any sources remain in the current directory. FILES
RCS/.rcsfreeze.ver version number RCS/.rcsfreeze.log log messages, most recent first AUTHOR
Stephan v. Bechtolsheim SEE ALSO
co(1), rcs(1), rcsclean(1), rlog(1) BUGS
rcsfreeze does not check whether any sources are checked out and modified. Although both source file names and RCS file names are accepted, they are not paired as usual with RCS commands. Error checking is rudimentary. rcsfreeze is just an optional example shell script, and should not be taken too seriously. See CVS for a more complete solution. GNU
23:37:10Z RCSFREEZE(1)