Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Implement in one line sed or awk having no delimiter and file size is huge Post 302489242 by Chubler_XL on Wednesday 19th of January 2011 11:02:28 PM
Old 01-20-2011
Opps, I forgot the Starts with '1' criteria, Ygor's awk solution trumps mine.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Insert a line as the first line into a very huge file

Hello, I need to insert a line (like a header) as the first line of a very huge file (about 3 ml rows). I am able to do it with sed, but redirecting the output and creating a new file takes quite some time. I was wondering if there was a more efficient way of doing it? Any help would be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shriek
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a huge line into multiple 120 characters lines with sed?

Hello , I'm trying to split a file which contains a single very long line. My aim is to split this single line each 120 characters. I tried with the sed command : `cat ${MYPATH}/${FILE}|sed -e :a -e 's/^.\{1,120\}$/&\n/;ta' >{MYPATH}/${DEST}` but when I wc -l the destination file it is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerome_1664
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk,nawk,sed, delimiter |~|

RECORD=NEW|~|VENDORN=LUCENT|~|VENDORM=CBX500_REAR|~|NETWORK=ATM|~|SUBNETWORK=N/A|~|SITE=CIL|~|REGION=KN|~|COUNTRY=PS|~|SWITCH=SWITCH1|~|E THERNET=N/A|~|LOOPBACK=N/A|~|SHELF=N/A|~|SLOT=14|~|SUBSLOT=N/A|~|STSCHAN=N/A|~|PORT=S14|~|DS1SLOT=N/A|~|LINE=N/A|~|LPORTID=N/A|~|CARDDESC=N/A|~|CARDTYPE=BAC2RT0... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: knijjar
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to implement in one-line awk in a fixed file having no delimiter

Hi, I have a file a.txt having no delimiter. I want to exclude the line which contains 435th character as 1 or 2 and redirect the rest of the lines to another file b. Can you pls suggest how to do this in one liner awk. Following is just one line of the input file a:- 120110116 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help- counting delimiter in a huge file and split data into 2 files

I’m new to Linux script and not sure how to filter out bad records from huge flat files (over 1.3GB each). The delimiter is a semi colon “;” Here is the sample of 5 lines in the file: Name1;phone1;address1;city1;state1;zipcode1 Name2;phone2;address2;city2;state2;zipcode2;comment... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lv99
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP a huge Size file

Dear All, Good Evening!! I have a requirement to ftp a 220GB backup file to a remote backup server. I wrote a script for this purpose. But it takes more than 8 hours to transfer this file. Is there any other method to do it in less time??? Thanks in Advance!!! ---------- Post updated... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naga06
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Optimised way for search & replace a value on one line in a very huge file (File Size is 24 GB).

Hi Experts, I had to edit (a particular value) in header line of a very huge file so for that i wanted to search & replace a particular value on a file which was of 24 GB in Size. I managed to do it but it took long time to complete. Can anyone please tell me how can we do it in a optimised... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishkomar007
7 Replies

8. HP-UX

Performance issue with 'grep' command for huge file size

I have 2 files; one file (say, details.txt) contains the details of employees and another file (say, emp.txt) has some selected employee names. I am extracting employee details from details.txt by using emp.txt and the corresponding code is: while read line do emp_name=`echo $line` grep -e... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arb_1984
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need next line as a space delimiter in awk

Hi,Below is the output for p3fi_dev services 1/app/oracle> . ./oraprofile_p3fi_dev p3fi_dev_01 (P):/devoragridcn_01/app/oracle> srvctl config service -d p3fi_dev p3fi_p3fi_dev.world PREF: p3fi_dev_01 AVAIL: p3fi_dev_02 pplnet_p3fidev PREF: p3fi_dev_01 AVAIL: p3fi_dev_02 nexus_p3fidev PREF:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join the line on delimiter using sed/awk in UNIX

I've input as , abcd| ef 123456| 78| 90 Desired output as, abcdef 1234567890 Anyone please give the solution. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jinixvimal
5 Replies
YAZ_SORT(3)								 1							       YAZ_SORT(3)

yaz_sort - Sets sorting criteria

SYNOPSIS
void yaz_sort (resource $id, string $criteria) DESCRIPTION
This function sets sorting criteria and enables Z39.50 Sort. Call this function beforeyaz_search(3). Using this function alone does not have any effect. When used in conjunction with yaz_search(3), a Z39.50 Sort will be sent after a search response has been received and before any records are retrieved with Z39.50 Present (yaz_present(3). PARAMETERS
o $id - The connection resource returned by yaz_connect(3). o $criteria - A string that takes the form field1 flags1 field2 flags2 where field1 specifies the primary attributes for sort, field2 seconds, etc.. The field specifies either a numerical attribute combinations consisting of type=value pairs separated by comma (e.g. 1=4,2=1) ; or the field may specify a plain string criteria (e.g. title. The flags is a sequence of the following characters which may not be separated by any white space. Sort Flags o a - Sort ascending o d - Sort descending o i - Case insensitive sorting o s - Case sensitive sorting RETURN VALUES
No value is returned. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Sort Criterias To sort on Bib1 attribute title, case insensitive, and ascending you would use the following sort criteria: 1=4 ia If the secondary sorting criteria should be author, case sensitive and ascending you would use: 1=4 ia 1=1003 sa PHP Documentation Group YAZ_SORT(3)