Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Reading only first record from the multipe directories Post 302489206 by Ygor on Wednesday 19th of January 2011 07:52:24 PM
Old 01-19-2011
Try...
Code:
awk 'BEGIN{IGNORECASE=1;} $1~/DATA/&&!a[FILENAME]++' Land/*/text.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with complicated script (reading directories, extracting data)

Hi, people. I was searching script tutorials/examples and found this forum, and thought to ask for help, because there seems to be many wise people here. (Try to bare with me, I'm a Windows user, so this stuff is somewhat strange to me, OK? :rolleyes: ) Anyways, I need to create a script that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gill Bates
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Clean directories by reading from file

I have a file in following format directory1=/out/log purgedays1=4 extn1=log,out,txt directory2=/clean/log purgedays2=4 extn2=log,out now i need need to create a script that reads this file and cleans all the files with the given extn from the given directory. The catch here is that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: max_payne1234
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

While loop reading a record

Hi, I am trying to create a while loop that will do the following: INFILE= list of new records that need to be added after last previous record while read record do find the last record processed create list of new records output to a file echo "$record">> $NEWFILE done ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: shortyball24
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in reading a record from the file

Hi Guys, I need to check whether the last column is RP, If so, then i have to second column and pass it to a select statement as sonid and fetch the value to a variable and run it. This has to be done till the last column is RW. value Fatherid sonid topid ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a file (one record) in a SHL script

I am trying to read a file in a shl script (only one record) and stored in a variable file_number I got the following read -u $BANNER_HOME/xxxxxxx/misc/EFTSQL.dat file_number file_number2 = $file_number + 1 echo $file_number2 > $BANNER_HOME/xxxxxx/misc/EFTSQL.dat EOF It is not working... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rechever
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading input record from inside nawk

Hi friends, I have small query with reg to awk search pattern.. below is my sample file and code which i tried.. $ cat file.txt xxx,yyyyy,messageID,sha xxxx,errorcode,messageID,name in the above sample file - let assume I know the errorcode(2nd record) using which I want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shahul
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing issue while reading excel having 3000 record

Hi Need urgent help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: premp26
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading filename in nested directories

Hi all, I have some directory structure as $ls -ltr drwxr-xr-x 1 mscprod us_msc 512 May 10 08:34 650 drwxr-xr-x 1 mscprod us_msc 512 May 10 08:51 652 drwxr-xr-x 1 mscprod us_msc 512 May 10 08:51 640 drwxr-xr-x 1 mscprod us_msc512 May 10 09:13 654 $ cd 650/ $ls fileabc.root and within... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading multiple directories and file from them

Hello I'm making script for Dallas temperature sensors (DS1820). When a sensor is connected, it shows up as a directory in /sys/bus/w1/devices in format 10-xxxxxxx. Inside the directory is a file called w1_slave which holds the temperature in format t=xxxxx. Each sensor has unique... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Klipeti
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move multipe files to corresponding directories

Hi, In a parent directory there are several files in the form IDENTIFIER1x IDENTIFIER1.yyy IDENTIFIER1_Z, etc IDENTIFIER2x IDENTIFIER2.yyy IDENTIFIER2_Z, etc IDENTIFIER3x IDENTIFIER3.yyy, IDENTIFIER3_Z, etcIn the same parent directory there are corresponding directories named... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: spirospap
7 Replies
mktrashcan(1)						      General Commands Manual						     mktrashcan(1)

NAME
mktrashcan, rmtrashcan, shtrashcan - Attaches, detaches, or shows a trashcan directory SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/mktrashcan trashcan directory... /usr/sbin/rmtrashcan directory... /usr/sbin/shtrashcan directory... OPERANDS
Specifies the directory that contains files that were deleted from attached directories. Whenever you delete a file in the specified directory, the file system automatically moves the file to the trashcan directory. Specifies the directory that you attach to a trashcan directory. DESCRIPTION
The trashcan utilities (mktrashcan and rmtrashcan) enable you to attach or detach an existing directory, which you specify as a trashcan directory, to any number of directories within the same fileset. A trashcan directory stores the files that are deleted with the unlink system call. For instance, you can use the mktrashcan utility to attach a trashcan directory called /usr/trashcan to one or more directories; thereafter, when you delete a file from one of the attached directories, the file system moves the file to the /usr/trashcan directory. Note that when more than one directory shares attachment to a trashcan directory, files with the same file name can overwrite each other in the trashcan directory. If you mistakenly delete a file, use the mv command to return the file from the /usr/trashcan directory to its original directory. When you enter shtrashcan at the system prompt, the system shows the trashcan directory, if one exists, for the directory you specified. It is important that trashcan directories have correct access permissions. If the permissions are too restrictive, then it may be impossi- ble to remove files from the directories that are attached to the trashcan directory. In general, all users and groups that expect to use the trashcan directory need write permission to the directory. If unexpected "permission denied" errors occur when deleting files that are in a directory attached to a trashcan directory, use the chmod command to change the permissions on the trashcan directory. RESTRICTIONS
The directory and trashcan directories must be in the same fileset; however, you can attach the trashcan directory to any directory within the fileset. EXAMPLES
The following example creates and attaches a trashcan directory, /usr/trashcan, to two directories, /usr/ray and /usr/projects/sql/test, which are in the same fileset. The chmod command adds write permission for all users and groups on the new trashcan directory. % mkdir /usr/trashcan % chmod a+w /usr/trashcan % mktrashcan /usr/trashcan /usr/ray /usr/projects/sql/test To attach the trashcan directory, /usr/trashcan, to all subdirectories in the /usr directory, enter: % mktrashcan /usr/trashcan /usr/* New subdirectories that you add beneath the /usr directory are not attached to the trashcan directory until you attach them. Also, the mktrashcan utility distinguishes between directories and files, attaching only directories to the trashcan directory. Note that an attached directory produces an EDUPLICATE_DIRS (-1165) error when /usr/trashcan is itself in the directory path you attach to (as in the previous example). You can ignore this error message. SEE ALSO
advfs(4), mkfset(8), showfsets(8) mktrashcan(1)