Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to use dir_colors to change color of files with executable privileges Post 302489193 by Chubler_XL on Wednesday 19th of January 2011 06:08:04 PM
Old 01-19-2011
Best bet is to do dircolors -p > ~/.dircolors

Edit your ~/.dircolors and put your .inp at the top (or before EXEC) and then run eval $(dircolors -b ~/.dircolors)

This re-sets up the LS_COLORS env var, and that's what ls --color=auto uses
This User Gave Thanks to Chubler_XL For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change background color in VI editor

Hi, I am new to unix. How can i change the background color in vi? Thank you. -tictactoe (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tictactoe
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Font Color Change Using .profile

Does anyone know how can I change font color, background color etc for a particular user using .profile? Any help is appreciated. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fifo_vs_lifo23
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change the font or color of text

Hi Gurus, I have a small requirement where i want to change the color & font of some text in a file. i have a file error.txt which will be created in the script using egrep. After that iam adding these lines at head & tail to that file using the following code awk 'BEGIN{print"Please... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pssandeep
4 Replies

4. Linux

DIR_COLORS change in fedora

Hi all, I'm using fedora 6 and I did change the colors in /etc/DIR_COLORS file. The changes are effect everywhere except "root" log in If I open it in a gnome terminal. If I go command line for "root" (Alt+F2) the changes are there but not in root using gnome terminal. For all other users, the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lchokka
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change file privileges automatically

Hi, Is it possible to write and run a shell script for specific directory( Apache/htdocs) that changes root privilege read/write to chmod 755 when a program uploads a file (word,PPT,XSL,..) to that directory Thanks, Mk (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkohan
3 Replies

6. Solaris

How to change folder color in terminal ?

Hi all, I am really new to UNIX ..and can any1 help me on change the yellow color to blur color (folder) ? Please refer to the attached pictures .. Your help is really appreciated .. :) Have a nice day ! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sauronlord
5 Replies

7. Debian

Change the privileges needed to run a program

Hi everyone, I have an issue with a project of mine. I have to run a program on a terminal which requires to be logged in as su to have it run it. Given that I'm having problem to use expect to give the password I'd like to change the privilege of that program from SU to normal user ( I have the SU... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaisselick87
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change color on another terminal

i already have a running and working script for remote connection. is there a way to change the terminal color everytime I ssh remotely to another server? this is to avoid confusion since I will be using only one server to remotely access around 50 servers (solaris, linux,. etc) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change color when doing echo in tcsh?

Is it possible to change the color when doing an echo? Example, having the following command print in dark blue. echo "Hello" ---------- Post updated at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:25 AM ---------- Just figured out how to do it (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change the background color in the init 3 mode(not line color)

Hello, I am using RHEL 6.1 on VMware I am searching for a way to change background color (not line by line color wich one can using tput command) basically changing the color of the whole screen to white instead of the default black and changing font color to black and alos would like to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dexobox
2 Replies
CMAP(5)                                                         File Formats Manual                                                        CMAP(5)

NAME
cmap - format of .cmap files (color maps) DESCRIPTION
Color-map files define the mapping between eight-bit color numbers and red, green and blue intensities used for those numbers. They are read by Magic as part of system startup, and also by the :load and :save commands in color-map windows. Color-map file names usually have the form x.y.z.cmapn, where x is a class of technology files, y is a class of displays, z is a class of monitors, and n is a version number (currently 1). The version number will change in the future if the formap of color-map files ever changes. Normally, x and y correspond to the corresponding parts of a display styles file. For example, the color map file mos.7bit.std.cmap1 is used today for most nMOS and CMOS technology files using displays that support at least seven bits of color per pixel and standard-phosphor monitors. It corresponds to the display styles file mos.7bit.dstyle5. Color-map files are stored in ASCII form, with each line containing four decimal integers separated by white space. The first three inte- gers are red, green, and blue intensities, and the fourth field is a color number. For current displays the intensities must be integers between 0 and 255. The color numbers must increase from line to line, and the last line must have a color number of 255. The red, green, and blue intensities on the first line are used for all colors from 0 up to and including the color number on that line. For other lines, the intensities on that line are used for all colors starting one color above the color number on the previous line and continuing up and through the color number on the current line. For example, consider the color map below: 255 0 0 2 0 0 255 3 255 255 255 256 This color map indicates that colors 0, 1, and 2 are to be red, color 3 is to be blue, and all other colors are to be white. SEE ALSO
magic(1), dstyle(5) 4th Berkeley Distribution CMAP(5)