Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SMTP Server errors
Operating Systems AIX SMTP Server errors Post 302489085 by Corona688 on Wednesday 19th of January 2011 12:24:02 PM
Old 01-19-2011
connection::getchar is not in that code. It might be in the class header. There's a cc_getchar, but I'm not counting on that being the same.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

setting SMTP server privileges

Hello I am not sure if this is the correct place for this question, and if not, please move this to the correct forum I have Linux machine that is capable of sending emails via sendmail I have another Windows machine on which I have PHP installed I would like PHP on the Windows machine to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jasongr
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Configure SMTP Server for Unix

Hi, We had an upgrade today morning and since then mailx command is not working. I have been told to change the DNS to use host name as smtp.companyname.com instead of the IP address. Can someone please help me out to know where can I change this on a Unix Server. Thanks Aman (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chawlaaman
5 Replies

3. Solaris

SMTP server-denied

im running Solaris9. sendmail version 8.13 every now and then my smtp server is being blacklisted resulting to relay denied to some of my client. what is the very first thing i have to implement? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: uwagon
1 Replies

4. AIX

AIX 6.1 SMTP Server ?

Hello, Looking for Document how to install / configure SMTP Server on AIX 6.1 is it through smitty menu ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send email from sendmail on AIX using exchange server as SMTP server

i am new in AIX i am trying to write a script to take a backup for specific files on server to and check error log if backup success send email to administrator , script done except for sending mail , i try to configure sendmail on aix to use our exchange server to send emails but still get error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmed_salah
0 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Any way we can create an SMTP server and use any scripting language to read emails from that server

Is there any way to create an SMTP mail server will all granular permissions to it so that I can read emails which that server receives through any scripting language and also reply from the same server automatically? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeepcm
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Postfix as smtp server

hi guys I have to configure a SMTP server using Postfix, ok let me tell the domain is located at godaddy so my smtp postfix server has to use that domain let's say mycompany.com so anyone knows how to configure postfix using this way? or postfix is easy to configure? thanks a lot (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Add new smtp to my dedicated server

Hi there, I have a dedicated server that sends mail with own smtp (obviously). On this server I have a web platform for music artists that allows entries for each enrollment and sends confirmation e-mails and so on ... Now I have purchased a service smtp (like those of smtp.com) because I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: colorsthink
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

External SMTP server

Hi, We current use an email/hosted exchange server (provided by 3rd party company). Our production DNS (RH5) server has got the MX rec configured for this 3rd party mail relay server. So in order to resolve hostnames to send outbound mails an A record entry is also required on the external... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
1 Replies

10. Web Development

SMTP Server Configuration

Hello list, I want to be able to send email directly from my linux box. I have both a CentOS and Debian installation. I am by no means an expert when it comes to all of the SMTP servers. I have been testing different configs by installing and uninstalling sendmail, postfix, and exim4. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: landossa
2 Replies
NMS2DLF.IN(1)						  LogReport's Lire Documentation					     NMS2DLF.IN(1)

NAME
nms2dlf - convert Netscape Messaging Server SMTP log files to the email DLF SYNOPSIS
nms2dlf STDIN STDOUT DESCRIPTION
This program converts Netscape Messaging Server log file generated by the SMTP service to the email DLF. To process correctly the log file, you need to turn on logging of the following modules: - SMTP-Accept - SMTP-Deliver - Error-Handler - Mailbox-Deliver (Need to be enabled) LIMITATIONS
This DLF converter was developed for the Netscape Messaging Server version 4.1. Other versions may or may not work. Contact the LogReport developers if you have problems with that converter. You can find information about the log format used by Netscape Messaging Server at the following URL: http://developer.netscape.com/docs/manuals/messaging/41/ag/logging.htm Not all messages are documented. And we found errors in the documentation. The fields msgID and mailFrom are inversed in both SMTP-Accept and SMTP-Deliver from what described the documentation. CONFIGURING LOGGING OF MAILBOX-DELIVER MODULE We found that there are no logs from the Mailbox-Delivery module by default. In order to fix that problem please make sure you do the following: 1. Go on the Netscape Messaging Server 4 MTA or Message Store 2. Become the Mail Server user (usually this should not be root but typically a user like mailsrv or whatever was defined at installation time, check for the ownership of the files in your message server instance for example) 3. Go to the right location, something like: server-root/msg-instance For example it could be: /usr/netscape/server4/msg-mymailserver 4. Do: $ ./configutil -o service.smtp.mailbox-deliver.log -v yes OK SET 5. Then become root, go again to your instance directory like: /usr/netscape/server4/msg-mymailserver and do: # ./stop-msg smtp /usr/netscape/server4: Stopping SMTP daemon 16279 .... done: 16279 # ./start-msg smtp /usr/netscape/server4: Starting SMTP daemon ..... done: 10820 And then you will start seeing lines which will look like the following: [19/Jul/2002:08:31:54 +0200] amail2 smtpd[10820]: General Notice: SMTP-Accept:GZHGT501.C01:<200207190632.g6J6W7Y01389@ esmtp.orangemail.ch>:[192.168.30.2]:192.168.30.2: <newsletter@gamezone.com>:19514:1:<hmarmy@orangemail.ch> [19/Jul/2002:08:31:54 +0200] amail2 smtpd[10820]: General Notice: Mailbox-Deliver:GZHGT501.C01:<200207190632.g6J6W7Y01389@ esmtp.orangemail.ch>:19516:1:hmarmy; If this was not done the line with the pattern Mailbox-Deliver above will not be present and the program will give wrong results. A warning will be output in the error log. EXAMPLES
To process a log as produced by Netscape Messaging Server $ nms2dlf < mail.log nms2dlf will be rarely used on its own, but is more likely called by lr_log2report: $ lr_log2report nms < /var/log/mail.log VERSION
$Id: nms2dlf.in,v 1.10 2006/07/23 13:16:34 vanbaal Exp $ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 Stichting LogReport Foundation <logreport@LogReport.org> Copyright (C) 2002 Arnaud Taddei Copyright (C) 2002 Arnaud Gaillard This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program (see COPYING); if not, check with http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html. AUTHORS
Francis J. Lacoste <flacoste@logreport.org>, Arnaud Taddei <Arnaud.Taddei@sun.com> and Arnaud Gaillard <wireless@orange.ch> Lire 2.1.1 2006-07-23 NMS2DLF.IN(1)