Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: beginner to c programming
Top Forums Programming beginner to c programming Post 302488930 by homeboy on Tuesday 18th of January 2011 10:13:15 PM
Old 01-18-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by pankajchandel
hii friends i m fairy new to c programming.can any one suggest some good websites and some good books for beginner
This forum is good,your may see the <The C programming language> & <Pointers on C >.

Last edited by homeboy; 01-23-2011 at 01:44 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help. I am a beginner.

Alrigt, I need to write a shell script where it counts the number of folders and files and dispays "My home directory has 'x' files and 'y' directories." So, I was thinking of doing this. set x = `ls | wc` so, if I have 8 files and folders in my home directory, x is not 8. now, I was... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lykathea Aflame
1 Replies

2. Programming

Beginner C

Anyone know where I can get started in C++ programming in unix? Any good free tutorials or websites to start at? I am okay in unix scripting but have never done c programming of any sort... What are the main advantages of using C++ ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Carreer:Networking Programming in Unix (C programming Language)

Hello, I am trying to learn Networking Programming in C in unix enviorment. I want to know how good it is to become a network programmer. i am crazy about Network programming but i also want to opt for the best carreer options. Anybody experienced Network Programmer, please tell me is my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhory2j
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Beginner Help

I need to write a script to test a nsort c program. I have written 8 .txt files with different cases. Also 8 .txt files with expected outcome. The shell I have written always "test pass" for the first case but always "fail" for the rest... Here is a portion of my code (as I still don't know how to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thibodeau
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Beginner Shell Programming Question

Hello all, I am currently try to learn the linux operating system as well as some bash programming. I have come across some online course work which has been very helpful, I have been working through some assignments and since I have no teacher to ask I have come to you experts. So the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: g2axiom
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Beginner - What Should I Do First?

Hi people.... I have just started to learn unix.I want to know which version of Unix to install plus how to install it.I need to practise and make myself aware of how unix works.My thread is from an educational point of view.Also please feel free to give your suggestions as I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit.kanade1983
3 Replies

7. Programming

Shell programming ksh AIX - beginner

Hi! I have two shell scripts - Script1, Script2 Script1, Script2 - have return parameter Script1 - is calling Script2 in Script2 I am calling program sqlldr - if this program is called then I did not get the return parameter from Script1 Do You have any idea how can I avoid this problem. Mroki (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mroki
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

A beginner needing some help programming documents

Hi all, I'm a fairly new beginner with shell programming and python programming. I have a mac (mountain lion OS 10.8.2) and use the terminal for programming. I'm trying to use the unix to easily organize some language data that I am working with. Basically I have to word lists, that I need to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nomadblue
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

From iOS programming to Linux system programming

Hello. I like Linux and C programming language. Allways wanted to understand kernel and become a Linux system programmer. And I also like Objective-C and iOS. These two programming areas have relations: 1. Linux and iOS are UNIX-like systems, POSIX compliant. 2. It is useful to know C language... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rockatansky
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Programming (beginner help)

So guys basically I was really sick and couldn't attend the labs and lectures and I went to my lecture hoping he would say ok I will help you from the start but he just said google it. So If it's possible to make the assignment and explain more in detail why is that would be really helpfull. I can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Joola94
1 Replies
XGFMERGE(1)						      General Commands Manual						       XGFMERGE(1)

NAME
xgfmerge - merges two Xgridfit program files SYNOPSIS
xgfmerge [options] file-a file-b [...] DESCRIPTION
Xgfmerge merges two or more Xgridfit program files, where file-a is a program generated automatically from an existing font using TTX and ttx2xgf, and file-b and any other files in the list contain other programming for the font. Xgfmerge outputs the merged programming to stdout. To capture the output in a file, use this syntax: $xgfmerge -o merged-file.xgf file-a.xgf file-b.xgf Note: To merge Xgridfit instructions with those already in a font, the best method is now to run Xgridfit in merge-mode (option -m). OPTIONS
-c Look for a <default type="compile-globals"/> element in each file after the first in the list. If value="no" then ignore all <default>, <control-value>, <function>, <macro> and <pre-program> elements in the file. -h Display a help message. -n Merge <no-compile> elements from all files. <glyph> elements with duplicate "ps-name" attributes are ignored. -o file The file to write the output to. If this option is not used, output is written to stdout. -p When a <pre-program> element in a file other than file-a is available, use it instead of the one from file-a. If this option is not present, xgfmerge merges the programming in the <pre-program> of file-a with that in the <pre-program> of whichever file is being merged at the moment. The result is unlikely to be good if a single run of xgfmerge merges the contents of more than two <pre- program> elements. -s Sort <glyph> elements in the output file into alphabetical order. -v Verbose output: xgfmerge tells you what it is doing at each step. -x Resolve XIncludes before merging all files in the list except for file-a. Any XIncludes from file-a.xgf are stripped out of the files before this operation is performed. If XInclude is used to bring global elements (<control-value>, <function>, etc.) into these files, it is probably a good idea to use the -c option as well. FILES
/usr/share/xml/xgridfit/util/merge.xsl An XSLT script that performs the merge. /usr/share/xml/xgridfit/util/xinclude.xsl An XSLT script that strips out unwanted XIncludes. /usr/share/xml/xgridfit/util/sort-glyphs.xsl An XSLT script that sorts glyph elements in a file. /usr/share/xml/xgridfit/utils/add-blanks.sed Does some formatting of the output. SEE ALSO
xgridfit(1), ttx(1), ttx2xgf(1). AUTHOR
Xgfmerge was written by Peter Baker <psb6m@virginia.edu>. This manual page was written by Peter Baker 2009-12-18 XGFMERGE(1)