Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk, floating point and rounding Post 302488912 by guruprasadpr on Tuesday 18th of January 2011 07:51:58 PM
Old 01-18-2011
Hi

This works for me:

Code:
BEGIN   {
        for (i=5; i <=7; i+=1) {
                printf "Pass %s...\n",i
                for (j=0.0; (float)j < (.1*i); j=j+0.1) {
                        printf "j=%f\n",j;
                }
        }
exit
}

Guru.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Floating Point Division

Does anyone have a simple way of doing floating point ("fp") division? For example, if I divide 3 by 5, I can get 0.6. The built-in calc (`bc`) will perform fp multiplication, but not division, at least not straight-up (i.e., starting bc and just typing in 3/5). I am trying to do this using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gsatch
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with floating point numbers in awk

hi all, i have the following problem using awk in a script i want to read the values from a column with real numbers and calculate the mean.the problem is that when i use a statement such as this num = $4 i cant find a way to convert the variable from string to floating point to perform... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanagias
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

floating point addition

hi, :) I have a file like this 10.456 123.567 456.876 234.987 ........ ....... What i want to do is ia have to add all those numbers and put the result in some other file. Any help pls. cheers RRK (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace floating-point by integer in awk

Hi, I am trying to write a script to extract multiple sets of data from a chemistry output file. The problem section is in the following format... Geometry "geometry" -> "geometry" 1 Pd 46.0000 -0.19290971 0.00535260 0.02297606 2 P ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: smadonald1
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rounding off the value of Floating point value

Hello, i have some variables say: x=1.4 y=3.7 I wish to round off these values to : x = 2 (after rounding off) y = 4 (after rounding off) I am stuck. Please help. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: damansingh
7 Replies

6. Linux

Floating Point Exception

Hi, I am compiling "HelloWorld" C progam on 32-bit CentOS and i want to execute it on 64-bit CentOS architecture. For that i copied the a.out file from 32-bit to 64-bit machine, but while executing a.out file on 64bit machine I am getting "Floating point exception error". But we can run... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mandar123
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to compare 2 floating point no.

Hi, Could any one tell me how to compare to floating point no. using test command. As -eq option works on only intergers. i=5.4 if then echo "equal" else echo "not equal" fi here output will be equal even though no. are unequal. Thanks, ravi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: useless79
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arithmetic in floating point

is it not possible to simply di aritmetic without using bc or awk i have tried folllowing operatrions but they support only integer types plz suggest me code for floating using values stored in the variables.the ans i get is integer and if i input floating values i get error numeric constant... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumit the cool
6 Replies

9. Programming

Floating Point

Anyone help me i cant found the error of floating point if needed, i added the code complete #include <stdio.h> #include <string.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <ctype.h> typedef struct { int hh; int mm; int ss; char nom; int punt; }cancion; typedef struct... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Slasho
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rounding off to the nearest floating number

I have a number, which I want to convert into the nearest floating number upto two places after the decimal point. E.g. 1.2346 will become 1.23 but 1.2356 will become 1.24 . Similarly 0.009 will be 0.01 and 0.001 will be 0.00 or 0.0 (not 0, wnat to keep the decimal... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hbar
1 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWgawk | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Volatile | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for gawk is available on http://opensolaris.org. Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)