Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Delete Files with CGI Bash Script Post 302488844 by JMooney5115 on Tuesday 18th of January 2011 02:43:42 PM
Old 01-18-2011
After more time than it should have taken I have figured it out. It was a permission error which I used "chgrp" to correct.

Thanks for your help!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

CGI passing arrays/hashes to another CGI script

If I have a Perl CGI script (script01), which fills an array(s) with information and outputs a HTML page with a link to another CGI page (script02); is there anyway to pass the array(s) from "script01" to "script02" when the page visitor clicks the link? Hope that makes sense! :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: WIntellect
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrapping a bash script for CGI

I hope its ok to start a new thread, I was going to use my existing one but thought a new one would better clarify things and provide better search for future reference. Well I have my bash program working now, all nice, user input validated, output formatted, everything is looking sexy. Now... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andyj
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl cgi script to call bash script?

Novice to perl here. I have created a simple web page in perl, with only one submit button. I would like to execute a bash script on the same server when this button is clicked on. Is this possible in perl? I have spent a few days researching this and am unable to find any useful information.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pleonard
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

cgi script to print all .png files on a single page

Hi guys I'm relativley new to Perl, and have not touched html before, im trying to write a cgi script that prints all images on a single html page from a given directory. Im using perl to gather stats, rrdtool to update and create graphs now i just need to print these graphs all onto 1 index.cgi... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffersno1
3 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Run Program from Bash CGI-Script

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: This is a problem I am having with my 2 semester senior project. I have a LAMP server running Ubuntu 9.10 with... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: JMooney5115
8 Replies

6. Web Development

problem with exporting vairable from one perl cgi to another perl cgi script while redirecting.

Can anyone tell me how to export a variable from one perl CGI script to another perl cgi script when using a redirect. Upon running the login.pl the user is prompted to enter user name and password. Upon entering the correct credentials (admin/admin) the user is redirected to welcome page. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
3 Replies

7. Programming

CGI Perl script to execute bash script- unable to create folder

Hi I have a bash script which takes parameters sh /tmp/gdg.sh -b BASE-NAME -n 1 -s /source/data -p /dest/data/archive -m ARC gdg.sh will scan the /source/data and will move the contents to /dest/data/archive after passing through some filters. Its working superb from bash I have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needed to delete to the list of files in a directory based on last created & delete them

Hi My directory structure is as below. dir1, dir2, dir3 I have the list of files to be deleted in the below path as below. /staging/retain_for_2years/Cleanup/log $ ls -lrt total 0 drwxr-xr-x 2 nobody nobody 256 Mar 01 16:15 01-MAR-2015_SPDBS2 drwxr-xr-x 2 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasadn
2 Replies

9. Programming

Bash script - find command with delete and exec

hi all, i have devised a script that starts in /restored/ and in there, there are a lot of sub folders called peoples names and in the sub folders are files/folders and it deletes the data in the sub folders BUT not the sub folder itself and it should then touch a file in all the sub folders... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertkwild
3 Replies

10. Programming

Calling bash script from CGI

Hi, I am having two individual scripts Script 1): CGI script - is a simple script which trigger bash script Script 2): Bash script - is a script which execute which collects file system utilization information from all the Unix servers If I am executing CGI script manually from command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naveen.6025
2 Replies
CHGRP(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  CHGRP(1)

NAME
chgrp -- change group SYNOPSIS
chgrp [-R [-H | -L | -P]] [-fhv] group file ... DESCRIPTION
The chgrp utility sets the group ID of the file named by each file operand to the group ID specified by the group operand. Options: -H If the -R option is specified, symbolic links on the command line are followed. (Symbolic links encountered in the tree traversal are not followed.) -L If the -R option is specified, all symbolic links are followed. -P If the -R option is specified, no symbolic links are followed. -R Change the group ID for the file hierarchies rooted in the files instead of just the files themselves. -f The force option ignores errors, except for usage errors and doesn't query about strange modes (unless the user does not have proper permissions). -h If file is a symbolic link, the group of the link is changed. -v Cause chgrp to be verbose, showing files as they are processed. If -h is not given, unless the -H or -L option is set, chgrp on a symbolic link always succeeds and has no effect. The -H, -L and -P options are ignored unless the -R option is specified. In addition, these options override each other and the command's actions are determined by the last one specified. The group operand can be either a group name from the group database, or a numeric group ID. Since it is valid to have a group name that is numeric (and doesn't have the numeric ID that matches its name) the name lookup is always done first. Preceding the ID with a ``#'' charac- ter will force it to be taken as a number. The user invoking chgrp must belong to the specified group and be the owner of the file, or be the super-user. Unless invoked by the super-user, chgrp clears the set-user-id and set-group-id bits on a file to prevent accidental or mischievous creation of set-user-id or set-group-id programs. The chgrp utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. FILES
/etc/group Group ID file SEE ALSO
chown(2), lchown(2), fts(3), group(5), passwd(5), symlink(7), chown(8) STANDARDS
The chgrp utility is expected to be POSIX 1003.2 compatible. The -v option and the use of ``#'' to force a numeric group ID are extensions to IEEE Std 1003.2 (``POSIX.2''). BSD
September 25, 2003 BSD