Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting search for difference and find the above line Post 302488777 by posner on Tuesday 18th of January 2011 11:18:03 AM
Old 01-18-2011
search for difference and find the above line

hello All,

i have to two files package.today and package.yesterday , the extension of the files says what day the file belongs to .
contents of the file change little bit everyday .

i am taking only the package and sub package from the files
Code:
awk '/^[0-9+]/{print $0}' Packages.today
+--- 21
+--- 82
+--- 11
+--- PREVIEW PACKAGE
+--- 11

Code:
awk '/^[0-9+]/{print $0}' Packages.yesterday
+--- 21
+--- 82
+--- 11
+--- 11

The main package starts from the line begining and sub package begins with +--- , both the package names can be number and char

the difference between yesterdays and todays package list is
Code:
diff tmp.today tmp.yesterday | grep +--- | sed 's/<//g;s/+---//g;s/^ *//g'
PREVIEW PACKAGE

so "preview package" is a new sub package added in under the main package 91

i want to know the number what main package is the new sub package added ( here its is 91)

i may be following a longer path using diff command , all i want to know the main package number the sub package added,

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Search for string on line then search and replace text

Hi All, I have a file that I need to be able to find a pattern match on a line, search that line for a text pattern, and replace that text. An example of 4 lines in my file is: 1. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData ReplaceMe moreData 2. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData moreData... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crypto
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

search directory-find files-append at end of line

Hi, I have a command "get_data" with some parameters in few *.text files of a directory. I want to first find those files that contain this command and then append the following parameter to the end of the command. example of an entry in the file :- get_data -x -m50 /etc/web/getid this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PrasannaKS
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Take each number in table row and find the difference from the corresponding line

I have a two files containing numbers like below. First one contains one number on each line, the other is a table of numbers, each separated by a space. There are the same number of lines in each file. I want to take each number in the row of the table and find the difference from the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Line by Line Comparision of 2 files and print only the difference

Hi, I am trying to find an alternative way to do tkdiff. In tkdiff the gui compares each line and highlights only the differences. for eg: John works at McDonalds s(test) He was playing guitar tywejk John works in McDonalds 9908 He was playing guitar I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naveen@
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl search and replace - search in first line and replance in 2nd line

Dear All, i want to search particular string and want to replance next line value. following is the test file. search string is tmp,??? ,10:1 "???" may contain any 3 character it should remain the same and next line replace with ,10:50 tmp,123 --- if match tmp,??? then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindng
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find with in loops and then difference

Hi All, Please find my problem below: I have a file at two different nodes dev and test 1st find> find /u/dev/local/abc -name ab.dat --Since this file can be in several sub directories 2nd find> find /u/test/local/abc -name ab.dat I find my 1st find result and do compare with 2nd... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: varun_bharadwaj
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

To find Difference

Hi Friends, I need to find the difference between two files , File_1 contained 4 columns, and File_2 contained 4 columns, I need to find the difference using 1st column, Or need to find the difference using 3st column, (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shenbaga.d
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find Search - Find files not matching a pattern

Hello all, this is my first and probably not my last question around here. I do hope you can help or at least point me in the right direction. My question is as follows, I need to find files and possible folders which are not owner = AAA group = BBB with a said location and all sub folders ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kilobyter
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search: find current line, then search back

Hello. I want to find a line that has "new = 0" in it, then search back based on field $4 () in the current line, and find the first line that has field $4 and "last fetch" Grep or Awk preferred. Here is what the data looks like: 2013-12-12 12:10:30,117 TRACE last fetch: Thu Dec 12... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: JimBurns
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Search for word in huge logfile and need to continue to print few lines from that line til find date

Guys i need an idea for one logic..in shell scripting am struggling with a logic...So the thing is... i need to search for a word in a huge log file and i need to continue to print few more lines from that line and the consecutive line has to end when it finds the line with date..because i know... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prathi
1 Replies
DH_INSTALLEXAMPLES(1)                                                Debhelper                                               DH_INSTALLEXAMPLES(1)

NAME
dh_installexamples - install example files into package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_installexamples [debhelperoptions] [-A] [-Xitem] [file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_installexamples is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing examples into usr/share/doc/package/examples in package build directories. From debhelper compatibility level 11 on, dh_install will fall back to looking in debian/tmp for files, if it does not find them in the current directory (or wherever you've told it to look using --sourcedir). FILES
debian/package.examples Lists example files or directories to be installed. OPTIONS
-A, --all Install any files specified by command line parameters in ALL packages acted on. --sourcedir=dir Look in the specified directory for files to be installed. This option requires compat 11 or later (it is silently ignored in compat 10 or earlier). Note that this is not the same as the --sourcedirectory option used by the dh_auto_* commands. You rarely need to use this option, since dh_installexamples automatically looks for files in debian/tmp in debhelper compatibility level 11 and above. --doc-main-package=main-package Set the main package for a documentation package. This is used to install the documentation of the documentation package in /usr/share/doc/main-package as recommended by the Debian policy manual 3.9.7 in S12.3. In compat 11 (or later), this option is only useful if debhelper's auto-detection of the main package is wrong. The option can also be used to silence a warning from debhelper when the auto-detection fails but the default happens to be correct. This option cannot be used when dh_installexamples is instructed to act on multiple packages. If you need this option, you will generally need to combine it with -p to ensure exactly one package is acted on. -Xitem, --exclude=item Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from being installed. file ... Install these files (or directories) as examples into the first package acted on. (Or into all packages if -A is specified.) NOTES
Note that dh_installexamples will happily copy entire directory hierarchies if you ask it to (similar to cp -a). If it is asked to install a directory, it will install the complete contents of the directory. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLEXAMPLES(1)