Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming doing a socket connection using ssh service Post 302488768 by clcoh11 on Tuesday 18th of January 2011 11:06:59 AM
Old 01-18-2011
writing in unix-C

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Error: No Route to host...urgent {socket() connection}

hello, I am doing Socket programming.. when I am establishing a socket connection using TCP protocol ...I am getting Error :: No route to host. at the client side during connect() call...........that it is returning -1. So I thing problem lies here......but what to do now... So for just... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunchaudhary19
6 Replies

2. Programming

Cloning a socket connection, using other port numbers

Hello everybody, I've coded a multi-client server based on internet sockets using the scheme listen on port X-accept-fork, exactly like beej's guide At some point I would like to establish a secondary connection between a client and the server-child serving him. I was considering the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonas.gabriel
4 Replies

3. Programming

Socket Programming - Port Scanner. I Get Connection Timed Out, Why?

When i put the target IP as 127.0.1.1, the program is working fine, can catch blocked & open ports. But when i try to scan remotely, i get connection timed out! Can you tell me why? :( Here is my code - Look at between where i put astriks - at the bottom: #include<iostream>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: f.ben.isaac
3 Replies

4. Programming

Problem with socket connection

I have a client /server file operation program.It works properly when i run the client and server program in the same system.but when i try to run the client in one system and server in another system i am getting an error in the cleint machine as "ERROR:Connection refused". Plz help me in this ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vigneshinbox
1 Replies

5. Programming

getaddrinfo error:service name not available for the specified socket type

I use Solaris 10,and I use getaddrinfo in my code,like follows: struct addrinfo *ailist,hint; if(argc!=2) err_quit("usage: ruptime hostname"); hint.ai_flags=0; hint.ai_family=0; hint.ai_socktype=SOCK_STREAM; hint.ai_protocol=0; hint.ai_addrlen=0; hint.ai_canonname=NULL;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: konvalo
1 Replies

6. Programming

socket programming using UDP connection

I want to send packets through single socket() but using two different port numbers in UDP. Anybody give some idea on this. Thanks in advance.:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naresh046
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How keep running a program n an another computer via a connection ssh when the connection is closed?

Hi everybody, I am running a program on a supercomputer via my personal computer through a ssh connection. My program take more than a day to run, so when I left work with my PC I stop the connection with the supercomputer and the program stop. I am wondering if someone know how I can manage... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomTomGre
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Tcp Socket (Connection refused) to my server box

I installed a fresh copy of Solaris 7 and present up my ip and domain for my web services but when I try to connect to it I get the following error; TCPActiveOpen: connect failed tcp/192.168.1.148/7900: 146 (Connection refused). the port is open in my router but I don't no were to add it in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wpgn
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Ssh script to validate ssh connection to multiple serves with status

Hi, I want to validate ssh connection one after one for multiple servers..... password less keys already setup but now i want to validate if ssh is working fine or not... I have .sh script like below and i have servers.txt contains all the list of servers #/bin/bash for host in $(cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreeram4
3 Replies
SSH-COPY-ID(1)						      General Commands Manual						    SSH-COPY-ID(1)

NAME
ssh-copy-id - install your public key in a remote machine's authorized_keys SYNOPSIS
ssh-copy-id [-i [identity_file]] [user@]machine DESCRIPTION
ssh-copy-id is a script that uses ssh to log into a remote machine and append the indicated identity file to that machine's ~/.ssh/autho- rized_keys file. If the -i option is given then the identity file (defaults to ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub) is used, regardless of whether there are any keys in your ssh-agent. Otherwise, if this: ssh-add -L provides any output, it uses that in preference to the identity file. If the -i option is used, or the ssh-add produced no output, then it uses the contents of the identity file. Once it has one or more fin- gerprints (by whatever means) it uses ssh to append them to ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine (creating the file, and directory, if necessary.) NOTES
This program does not modify the permissions of any pre-existing files or directories. Therefore, if the remote sshd has StrictModes set in its configuration, then the user's home, ~/.ssh folder, and ~/.ssh/authorized_keys file may need to have group writability disabled manu- ally, e.g. via chmod go-w ~ ~/.ssh ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine. SEE ALSO
ssh(1), ssh-agent(1), sshd(8) OpenSSH 14 November 1999 SSH-COPY-ID(1)