Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Loaded Shared Libraries
Operating Systems AIX Loaded Shared Libraries Post 302488660 by shockneck on Tuesday 18th of January 2011 05:36:19 AM
Old 01-18-2011
I am not sure about what you want to achieve but maybe 'svmon' is the command you are looking for. E.g. use
Code:
svmon -P <yourpid>

to see how much memory a process uses, how much memory of it is pinned and how much memory is in paging space, how big shared library segments are and so on. Have a look at the svmon man page.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Shared libraries

Hello everybody, I am having major problems at the moment with shared libraries and I have to little knowledge of them to solve them. So please, please help me :) Ok this is the problem: I have a library A, which uses B and C, and C uses again D. If I try to run A as plugin in apache,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Micky
0 Replies

2. Programming

shared libraries

I am compiling code which produces .a and .la libraries. How can I produce .so libraries? I know that gcc -shared does but how? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thalex
2 Replies

3. Programming

dynamically loaded libraries

how to get the list of all dynamically loaded libraries in memory ?thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainshadow
3 Replies

4. Linux

Shared Libraries

How do i make a library shared say i have a library a.so which i have just compiled. I want to make it shared how do i make it Next Queation is what is the difference between a.so.0 a.so.1 a.so.2 & a.so :rolleyes: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wojtyla
1 Replies

5. Programming

makefile for programs using libraries loaded at runtime

Hi everybody! I would like to set in the makefile a path that should be the path where the program searches for the libraries loaded at run time. Is there such a variable to be set in makefile? Thanks in advance! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nadiamihu
1 Replies

6. Programming

how to view loaded shared libraries by running processes in linux

anybody knows how to view loaded shared libraries by running processes in linux enviornment? any command or tool ? thanks a lot (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: princelinux
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

static and shared libraries

can someone explain whether my understanding is correct lets suppose we have a program that uses library x. if x is static then the code of x will be part of our program, so if we're going to have 5 executables of our program, then each executable will have x as part of it. Also, x does not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
2 Replies

8. AIX

Wrong Shared objects getting loaded

I have two envoirmets(Envoirment A and Envoirment B) running on same server(AIX vesion 5.3).Both have different groups.I am facing a strange problem.Shared objects of one envoirment (Envoirment A)are getting loaded into the second(Envoirment B).So the servers that have dependency on shared objects... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitin@tcs
2 Replies

9. AIX

Problem with AIX: shared libraries aren't loaded

Hello guys, I have a trouble when running an application in AIX, I've compiled and the LIBRARY_PATH seems ok, but I get the following message: rtld: 0712-001 Symbol __pthread was referenced from module main_app(), but a runtime definition of the symbol was not found ldd... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: edgarvm
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Which sections of a shared library should be loaded in the physical memory?

Each shared library may contain sections with allocatable flag as below: ... .hash .gnu.hash .dynsym .dynstr .gnu.version .gnu.version_d .rel.dyn .rel.plt .plt ... My questions is that: among above sections, which of them should be loaded in the physical memory by run-time linker... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dongping84
3 Replies
plock(2)							System Calls Manual							  plock(2)

NAME
plock() - lock process, text, data, stack, or shared library in memory SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The system call allows the calling process to lock the text segment of the process (text lock), its data segment (data lock), or both its text and data segment (process lock) into memory. Stack segments are also locked when data segments are locked. Shared library text and shared library data segments (shlib lock) can also be locked. Locked segments are immune to all routine swapping. also allows these seg- ments to be unlocked. The effective user ID of the calling process must be a user with the privilege. op must be one of the following: Lock text and data segments into memory (process lock) Lock text segment into memory (text lock) Lock data segment into memory (data lock) Remove locks Lock shared library text and shared library data segments (shared library lock) Lock text, data and shared library text and shared library data segments into memory (process and shared library lock) Lock text, shared library text and shared library data segments into memory (text and shared library lock) Lock data, shared library text and shared library data segments into memory (data and shared library lock) Although and the family of functions may be used together in an application, each may affect the other in unexpected ways. This practice is not recommended. Security Restrictions Some or all of the actions associated with this system call require the privilege. Processes owned by the superuser have this privilege. Processes owned by other users may have this privilege, depending on system configuration. See privileges(5) for more information about privileged access on systems that support fine-grained privileges. RETURN VALUE
returns the following values: Successful completion. Failure. The requested operation is not performed. is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
If fails, is set to one of the following values. op is equal to and a process lock, a text lock, or a data lock already exists on the calling process. op is equal to and a text lock or process lock already exists on the calling process. op is equal to and a data lock, or process lock already exists on the calling process. op is equal to and no type of lock exists on the calling process. op is equal to and there are no unlocked shared library segments in the calling process. op is equal to and a process lock, a text lock, or a data lock already exists on the calling process. op is equal to and a text lock or process lock already exists on the calling process. op is equal to and a data lock, or process lock already exists on the calling process. op is not equal to one of the values specified in is not allowed in a window. See vfork(2). There is not enough lockable memory in the system to satisfy the locking request. The effective user ID of the calling process is not a user with the privilege. EXAMPLES
The following call to locks the calling process in memory: SEE ALSO
setprivgrp(1M), exec(2), exit(2), fork(2), getprivgrp(2), mlock(2), vfork(2), privileges(5). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
plock(2)