Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Identify script please!
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Identify script please! Post 302488582 by Chubler_XL on Monday 17th of January 2011 08:07:28 PM
Old 01-17-2011
Ok a couple of questions here firstly lets deal with filenames with spaces.

replace your for loops with:
Code:
find $DLDIR -name "*.zip"` | while read FILE ; do

find "$DLDIR" -name "*.zip"`| while read j ; do

Any references to $FILE or $j need quotes eg:
Code:
FILENAME=$(basename "$FILE")
UNPACKDIR=$(dirname "$FILE") 

rm "$j"

Now for permissions, if your find command supports -print0 you can fix ownership by doing this after the unzip:
Code:
find "$UNPACKDIR" -print0 | xargs -0 chmod 777

If not, you will need to do another while+read block and run chmod:
Code:
find "$UNPACKDIR" -print | while read CHFILE ; do
    chmod 777 "$CHFILE"
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to identify the calling script?

Hi, I have two scripts ( /tmp/k1.sh and /tmp/k2.sh ). k1.sh calls the k2.sh . For security reasons, I must be sure that the k2.sh is being called by the k1.sh . Is it possible for the k2.sh identify that it's been called by the k1.sh? I mean, identify the complete path of the k1.sh (... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: crematoriumm
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

test script to identify SHELL

I am new to BASH and writing a small script to identify the SHELL . #!/bin/bash BASH='/bin/bash' KSH='/bin/ksh' if then echo "it's Bash" else echo "it's not Bash" fi $ bash -x a.sh + BASH=/bin/bash + KSH=/bin/ksh + '' a.sh: line 4: where am I missing . PLease advice . (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: talashil
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to identify the number of files and to append data

Hi I am having a question where I have to 1) Identify the number of files in a directory with a specific format and if the count is >1 we need to concatenate those two files into one file and remember that in the second file the header should not be copied. it should be form first file.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradkumar
4 Replies

4. AIX

Script to identify high CPU usage processes

Hi Guys, I need to write a script capable of identifying when a high cpu utilitzation process. It sounds simple but we are on a AIX 5.3 environment with Virtual CPU's (VP's) and logical CPU's. Please any ideas or tips would be highly appreciated. Thanks. Harby. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arizah
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using an awk script to identify dupes in two files

Hello, I have two files. File1 or the master file contains two columns separated by a delimiter: a=b b=d e=f g=h File 2 which is the file to be processed has only a single column a h c b What I need is an awk script to identify unique names from file 2 which are not found in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Identify if folder has a file in it

Hi everyone I am new to the forums. I haven't done much linux myself but I have been asked if I can do the following. Write a linux script that needs to scan a certain folder every x amount of minutes and if there is a file in the folder then it needs to call a different script. Is this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bosbaba
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Script to identify files without extension and assign a value

Hi, I have a perl script which is a part of a shell script which read lines from a flat file(which is generated as part of a script after a series of bteq/fexp) and assigns a value for each object in the file based on the type of file name. (i.e extensions like .bteq/.ctl/.ksh etc) For example,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yohasini
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to identify whether the script is in Unix format or not ?

Hi All, I have the below scenario in my environment Developers used to copy file from windows to Linux box. Some time on the copied file developers miss to run the dos2unix utility. Because of this script gets failed during the execution. Most of the failures are due to the dos2unix format... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalpeer
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identify variables used in the shell script

Hi, Is there any simple way to get/identify the variables that are used in a file and print those variable names. If I have something like this in a file, /$var/temp_dir/${var2}${var3}.log I want to display the variables 'var', 'var2' and 'var3' from that file. I tried something like... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pvamsikr
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to identify error in the script

cat test3.sh #!/bin/sh set -x while getopts ":n:" opt; do case "$opt" in n) host=$OPTARG shift 2 ;; -h ) host=$2 shift 2 ;; *) break ;; esac done; echo "host =... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
7 Replies
expr(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   expr(1)

Name
       expr - evaluate expressions

Syntax
       expr arg...

Description
       The arguments are taken as an expression.  After evaluation, the result is written on the standard output.  Each token of the expression is
       a separate argument.

The operators and keywords are listed below.  The list is in order of increasing precedence, with equal precedence operators grouped.

expr | expr	   Yields the first expr if it is neither null nor 0.  Otherwise yields the second expr.

expr & expr	   Yields the first expr if neither expr is null or 0.	Otherwise yields 0.

expr relop expr	   The relop is one of < <= = != >= > and yields 1 if the indicated comparison is true, '0' if false.  The  comparison	is
			   numeric if both expr are integers, otherwise lexicographic.

expr + expr
	    expr - expr
			   Yields addition or subtraction of the arguments.

expr * expr
	    expr / expr
	    expr % expr
			   Yields multiplication, division, or remainder of the arguments.

expr : expr	   The	matching  operator compares the string first argument with the regular expression second argument; regular expres-
			   sion syntax is the same as that of The (...) pattern symbols can be used to select a portion of the  first  argument.
			   Otherwise, the matching operator yields the number of characters matched ('0' on failure).

( expr ) 	   parentheses for grouping.

Examples
       The first example adds 1 to the Shell variable a:
       a=`expr $a + 1`
       The second example finds the file name part (least significant part) of the pathname stored in variable a,
       expr $a : '.*/(.*)' '|' $a
       Note the quoted Shell metacharacters.

Diagnostics
       The command returns the following exit codes:

0    The expression is neither null nor '0'.

1    The expression is null or '0'.

2    The expression is invalid.

See Also
       ed(1), sh(1), test(1)

expr(1)