Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Unable to connect to oracle in red hat linux Post 302488538 by pludi on Monday 17th of January 2011 03:28:39 PM
Old 01-17-2011
Ok, another thing to check because of the TNS error: check your /etc/hosts that the machine has an entry for itself other than 127.0.0.1.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Red Hat Linux 6.0

Ok here is my problem i do not know the command to load a driver for my network card in Ted hat linux 6.0 could sombody give me a hand. and if there is anyone that has a list of commands for red hat that would be great also (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbutler3295
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How do I connect windows xp to Linux Red hat unix

I just bought a new pc and my unix software is installed on my old computer. I want to take the hard disk outta my old pc and then install it on my new pc so my new pc has 2 hard drives. now, after my pc new has 2 hard drives, one being unix the other being windows xp, i want to be able to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
7 Replies

3. Red Hat

connect Xwin by xdmp in red hat linux

I use redhat linux enterprise 4 , I setup and enable the xdmp already. I want to use XMing in window XP to connect to x server in this red hat linux and start the x-window . But I fail as it is no response from red hatl inux and time out ... Please advice what I need to do in the linux OS ??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chuikingman
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Oracle client for Red Hat linux on IBM PPC64

Hi , Am trying to install oracle 10g client on Red Hat Linux in an IBM PPC machine. when i try to install during linking am getting the below error My software details : Oracle Version : 10.2.0 Red Hat Version : 5.5 Server Hardware : PPC 64 Error from the logs : /usr/bin/make -f... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mugunthanvh
7 Replies

5. Red Hat

x-win client connect red hat

Hi, I use red hat linux ES 5.5 32 bit . There is x win(startx) installed. I wan to use XP at another computer and connect the x-win(startx) through IP network . Which software/freeware I can use ??? Please advice .. Is it free ??? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuikingman
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

System unable to register with Red Hat Networks

ISSUE: The system is unable to register with Redhat network (RHN). SYSTEM DETAILS: RHEL6 (2.6.32-131.2.1.el6.x86_64). The firewall is turned off. I have network connectivity. There is no GUI. All work is done from the command line. The following files are installed:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmithJ
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

Oracle Listener Error on Red hat 5

Hello everybody, the reason why im posting this thread is because i've installed an oracle test database on RHEL 5, on a localhost (Since it is for test)... the thing is, after i have installed the DB it works just fine, but after i re start it, i get the following errors when i want to go into the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: blacksteel1988
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to know if i use "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" or "Red Hat Desktop" ?

how to know if i use "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" or "Red Hat Desktop" ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedamer12
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Unable to connect "Reliance Netconnect" on Redh Hat Linux 5

Hi Friends, Can someone help me with below issue , thanks. Subject : Unable to configure "Reliance NetConnect" on RHEL 5 Here some helpful information : # lsusb Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000 Bus 001 Device 002: ID 8087:0020 Bus 001 Device 003: ID 192f:0416 Bus 002 Device... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunraj192
0 Replies

10. Fedora

Which is the better platform to learn UNIX/Linux (Kali Linux Vs. Red Hat or other)?

I just started a new semester and I started my UNIX class yesterday. I've already decided to use python along with my learning process but what I really want to use with it is Kali as my UNIX/Linux platform to learn off of since I already wanted to learn Cyber Sec. anyways. I just wanted to know if... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ApacheOmega
12 Replies
check-hostname(1M)					  System Administration Commands					check-hostname(1M)

NAME
check-hostname - check if sendmail can determine the system's fully-qualified host name SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/check-hostname DESCRIPTION
The check-hostname script is a migration aid for sendmail(1M). This script tries to determine the local host's fully-qualified host name (FQHN) in a manner similar to sendmail(1M). If check-hostname is able to determine the FQHN of the local host, it reports success. Other- wise, check-hostname reports how to reconfigure the system so that the FQHN can be properly determined. FILES
/etc/hosts Host name database /etc/nsswitch.conf Name service switch configuration file /etc/resolv.conf Configuration file for name server routines ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsndmu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
domainname(1M), sendmail(1M), hosts(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 8 Mar 2006 check-hostname(1M)