Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Symbol resolution failed for gawk on AIX Post 302488523 by Vit0_Corleone on Monday 17th of January 2011 02:05:34 PM
Old 01-17-2011
Maybe it will be good if you read bison-2.4.3 on AIX. manual how to install it

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Error - Symbol Resolution Failed

Hi All, I am trying to run sqlplus on my AIX 5L box but following errors are thrown: $ sqlplus exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program sqlplus because of the following errors: 0509-130 Symbol resolution failed for /usr/lib/libc.a because: 0509-136 Symbol kaio_rdwr64 (number 0)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: run_time_error
5 Replies

2. Programming

unresolved symbol on AIX 5.2

Hi, want to port an executable from AIX 5.3 to AIX 5.2. This seems to be no problem, when i build one executable. But in another case i have to link one library statically and the rest is loaded at runtime. This works for AIX 5.3 but on AIX 5.2 i get the following error ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pm_user
2 Replies

3. AIX

Getting Symbol resolution failed for ../../../lib/libc.a Error

Hi I have compiled a binary on AIX 5.3.0.0 but when i run i get following error Could not load program ACE_wrappers/bin/gperf: Symbol resolution failed for ../../../lib/libc.a(posix_aio.o) because: Symbol _posix_kaio_rdwr (number 2) is not exported from dependent module... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: khan_nayeem
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to use the Sudo command. "0509-130 Symbol resolution failed for sudo because:"

Hi! I'm very new to unix, so please keep that in mind with the level of language used if you choose to help :D Thanks! When attempting to use sudo on and AIX machine with oslevel 5.1.0.0, I get the following error: exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program sudo because of the following errors:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chloe123
1 Replies

5. AIX

Failed update AIX 6.1

Hi, I have problem with update AIX in ML 01 to ML 04. I am new in AIX system, please help me how resolve this problem. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bieszczaders
2 Replies

6. Solaris

/usr/lib/passwdutil.so.1: symbol __nsl_fgetspent_r: referenced symbol not found

deleteing post (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dshakey
0 Replies

7. AIX

Change AIX display resolution ?

Hello, Running X on AIX local display - want to change resolution. On Linux for example I used xrandr. ? thanks Vilius (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vilius
1 Replies

8. AIX

AIX 6.1 New SP&TL 6.1.8.0 upgrade failed

Hello Team, Hope all doing well. I have tried to upgrade on of my AIX box too the latest SP and TL, but unfortunately it's got failed(Details are below). Need expert help to fix this. Before up-gradation : root@# oslevel -s 6100-07-01-1141 root@# instfix -i | grep ML All... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
3 Replies

9. AIX

Openssh install failed on AIX 6.1

im new to aix... my task is suppose to be simple. install openssh i followed this article: Installing OpenSSH and OpenSSL on AIX 6.1 | Keymon's snippets and brushstrokes when i try to start the sshd service with the command: "startsrc -s sshd" im getting an error saying: "the sshd subsystem... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: guy3145
6 Replies

10. AIX

AIX 6.1 lppchk failed

Hi, i have problem when i try to check consist of system, and I can't fix it.. outut of lppchk -v below.. oslevel -s 6100-00-01-0748 lppchk -v lppchk: The following filesets need to be installed or corrected to bring the system to a consistent state: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: intak
2 Replies
BISON(1)						      General Commands Manual							  BISON(1)

NAME
bison - GNU Project parser generator (yacc replacement) SYNOPSIS
bison [ -b file-prefix ] [ --file-prefix=file-prefix ] [ -d ] [ --defines ] [ -l ] [ --no-lines ] [ -o outfile ] [ --output-file=outfile ] [ -p prefix ] [ --name-prefix=prefix ] [ -t ] [ --debug ] [ -v ] [ --verbose ] [ -V ] [ --version ] [ -y ] [ --yacc ] [ --fixed-output- files ] file DESCRIPTION
Bison is a parser generator in the style of yacc(1). It should be upwardly compatible with input files designed for yacc. Input files should follow the yacc convention of ending in .y. Unlike yacc, the generated files do not have fixed names, but instead use the prefix of the input file. For instance, a grammar description file named parse.y would produce the generated parser in a file named parse.tab.c, instead of yacc's y.tab.c. This description of the options that can be given to bison is adapted from the node Invocation in the bison.texinfo manual, which should be taken as authoritative. Bison supports both traditional single-letter options and mnemonic long option names. Long option names are indicated with -- instead of -. Abbreviations for option names are allowed as long as they are unique. When a long option takes an argument, like --file-prefix, con- nect the option name and the argument with =. OPTIONS -b file-prefix --file-prefix=file-prefix Specify a prefix to use for all bison output file names. The names are chosen as if the input file were named file-prefix.c. -d --defines Write an extra output file containing macro definitions for the token type names defined in the grammar and the semantic value type YYSTYPE, as well as a few extern variable declarations. If the parser output file is named name.c then this file is named name.h. This output file is essential if you wish to put the definition of yylex in a separate source file, because yylex needs to be able to refer to token type codes and the variable yylval. -l --no-lines Don't put any #line preprocessor commands in the parser file. Ordinarily bison puts them in the parser file so that the C compiler and debuggers will associate errors with your source file, the grammar file. This option causes them to associate errors with the parser file, treating it an independent source file in its own right. -o outfile --output-file=outfile Specify the name outfile for the parser file. The other output files' names are constructed from outfile as described under the -v and -d switches. -p prefix --name-prefix=prefix Rename the external symbols used in the parser so that they start with prefix instead of yy. The precise list of symbols renamed is yyparse, yylex, yyerror, yylval, yychar, and yydebug. For example, if you use -p c, the names become cparse, clex, and so on. -t --debug Output a definition of the macro YYDEBUG into the parser file, so that the debugging facilities are compiled. -v --verbose Write an extra output file containing verbose descriptions of the parser states and what is done for each type of look-ahead token in that state. This file also describes all the conflicts, both those resolved by operator precedence and the unresolved ones. The file's name is made by removing .tab.c or .c from the parser output file name, and adding .output instead. Therefore, if the input file is foo.y, then the parser file is called foo.tab.c by default. As a consequence, the verbose output file is called foo.output. -V --version Print the version number of bison. -y --yacc --fixed-output-files Equivalent to -o y.tab.c; the parser output file is called y.tab.c, and the other outputs are called y.output and y.tab.h. The pur- pose of this switch is to imitate yacc's output file name conventions. Thus, the following shell script can substitute for yacc: bison -y $* The long-named options can be introduced with `+' as well as `--', for compatibility with previous releases. Eventually support for `+' will be removed, because it is incompatible with the POSIX.2 standard. FILES
/usr/local/lib/bison.simple simple parser /usr/local/lib/bison.hairy complicated parser SEE ALSO
yacc(1) The Bison Reference Manual, included as the file bison.texinfo in the bison source distribution. DIAGNOSTICS
Self explanatory. local BISON(1)