Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers help with simple terminal commands Post 302488490 by m.d.ludwig on Monday 17th of January 2011 11:20:20 AM
Old 01-17-2011
Another question ... what is the program supposed to do?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

simple commands

Can anybody help me how to display a list of unix commands. I have an account in unix,just start to use it, but don't know how (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aningsabah
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Terminal Commands

Hi there. Linux newbie and I'm trying to find commands to: Display number of executable files in a directory that i supply and list them in alphabetical order Back up all the files in the current irectory to a directory i supply, creating that directory if it's not allready there Cound... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: indigoecho
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying a dialog box using terminal commands

Hello, I used the command osascript -e 'tell app "Finder" to display dialog "Hey!"' to display a dialog box..it works fine, it displays a dialog box with 'OK' and 'CANCEL' buttons..i want to get the button returned value how can i do that using terminal command? is there any command to get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: keshav.murthy@r
1 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

How do i find all the commands entered by root on any terminal

Can any one help me with a script, which runs in background and mails me all the commands entered by root on any terminal for every hour. We have multiple people having root access on the server and creating a mess,i just wanted to monitor all the activity of the root. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishnu787
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

commands in the terminal

hi.. I have a small question...if I have a textfile..let say apple.txt and I want to 1. search for all strings that's 6 characters long, and contains the letters a,b,c,d. 2. search for all words that that begins with "sUn" and ends with "flower" 3. search for all the words beginning with the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Oregano
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replicate history commands in multiple terminal

Hi, I am using putty client to connect to my remote Linux server box, and I am connecting through ssh. That system runs bash shell. So, if I use multiple putty terminal, how can I replicate those commands that I ran in other terminals to be available/shared in the current terminal window (i.e)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
1 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

Terminal autorunning commands at start

How do I make terminal autorun commands at start up? For example, I have several windows of terminal, I want one to automatically run 'top' and a couple others autorun 'man' pages. Is there any way I can do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: randomtypos
1 Replies

8. Programming

C terminal commands

Hi I am trying to modify a C program to work for my needs. Problem is I don't know any real programming. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me! Basically it is to get bandwidth speeds from a remote box. I have two terminal commands that get me the up and down speeds. So how do... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: milestails
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to save and execute terminal commands in shell?

I frequently use some commands, which I want to save in some file say myregularshell.shthese are the commands I use, I tried saving and executing, but couldn't get the preview of execution, and result is also not coming if I copy same commands and paste it on terminal result is coming cd go... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
2 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Creating terminal commands

I've written a program in C, called count_0.1 which is essentially a word count program. I want to be able to use it as a command in the terminal (by typing in count), like when you type in ls, you don't have to go to a directory, find an executable and type in: ./ls I've tried: Adding... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: usernamer
1 Replies
Net::DNS::Question(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Net::DNS::Question(3)

NAME
Net::DNS::Question - DNS question record SYNOPSIS
use Net::DNS::Question; $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com', 'A', 'IN'); DESCRIPTION
A Net::DNS::Question object represents a record in the question section of a DNS packet. METHODS
new $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com', 'A', 'IN'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('192.0.32.10', 'PTR', 'IN'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('192.0.32.10'); Creates a question object from the domain, type, and class passed as arguments. One or both type and class arguments may be omitted and will assume the default values shown above. RFC4291 and RFC4632 IP address/prefix notation is supported for queries in both in-addr.arpa and ip6.arpa namespaces. decode $question = decode Net::DNS::Question($data, $offset); ($question, $offset) = decode Net::DNS::Question($data, $offset); Decodes the question record at the specified location within a DNS wire-format packet. The first argument is a reference to the buffer containing the packet data. The second argument is the offset of the start of the question record. Returns a Net::DNS::Question object and the offset of the next location in the packet. An exception is raised if the object cannot be created (e.g., corrupt or insufficient data). encode $data = $question->encode( $offset, $hash ); Returns the Net::DNS::Question in binary format suitable for inclusion in a DNS packet buffer. The optional arguments are the offset within the packet data where the Net::DNS::Question is to be stored and a reference to a hash table used to index compressed names within the packet. name $name = $question->name; Internationalised domain name corresponding to the qname attribute. Decoding non-ASCII domain names is computationally expensive and undesirable for names which are likely to be used to construct further queries. When required to communicate with humans, the 'proper' domain name should be extracted from a query or reply packet. $query = new Net::DNS::Packet( $example, 'ANY' ); $reply = $resolver->send($query) or die; ($question) = $reply->question; $name = $question->name; qname, zname $qname = $question->qname; $zname = $question->zname; Canonical ASCII domain name as required for the query subject transmitted to a nameserver. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as zname() and refers to the zone name. qtype, ztype $qtype = $question->qtype; $ztype = $question->ztype; Returns the question type attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as ztype() and refers to the zone type. qclass, zclass $qclass = $question->qclass; $zclass = $question->zclass; Returns the question class attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as zclass() and refers to the zone class. print $object->print; Prints the record to the standard output. Calls the string() method to get the string representation. string print "string = ", $question->string, " "; Returns a string representation of the question record. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c)1997-2002 Michael Fuhr. Portions Copyright (c)2002-2004 Chris Reinhardt. Portions Copyright (c)2003,2006-2011 Dick Franks. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl, Net::DNS, Net::DNS::DomainName, Net::DNS::Packet, RFC 1035 Section 4.1.2 perl v5.18.2 2014-01-16 Net::DNS::Question(3)