Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Date Query
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Date Query Post 302488460 by m.d.ludwig on Monday 17th of January 2011 08:24:40 AM
Old 01-17-2011
My perlish solution:
Code:
use strict;
use warnings;
use POSIX qw{ strftime };

my @T = localtime;

$T[3]  = 1;
$T[4] += shift @ARGV;
while (11 < $T[4]) { $T[4] -= 12; $T[5] +=  1; }

print strftime '%x%n', @T;

To use:
Code:
./scriptname n

Which returns the date of the first of the months for n months in the future. For example:
Code:
trogdor $ ./scriptname 17
06/01/2012

Note that %x will format the date for the current locale, which is "en_US.UTF-8" for this example.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix Date query

Hi there, I am trying to do the following in Unix (Solaris 2.7): 1...Find the actual date 7 days ago in format (dd-mmm-yyyy) and with the weekday prefably, 2...Find the date 5 days after the above in the same format. How can I do this in Unix instead of accessing our Oracle database and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: csong2
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Date change related query

Good day folks, This is my first post on this board and I thank you in advance for helping me with this issue. Any idea how I can synchronize server time with another timeserver but have my server lag behind by 2 seconds? Meaning...I need a simple unix script that I can run as crone that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: franklo
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date & NUmber Validation Query

Hi Do you have any pointers how to validate numbers (not to contain alphabets and special characters) and date(MM/DD/YYYY) format. I used following regular expression to validate integer, which is not working in the default shell: nodigits="$(echo $testvalue | sed 's/]//g')" ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alok_jax
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

add the output of a query to a variable to be used in another query

I would like to use the result of a query in another query. How do I redirect/add the output to another variable? $result = odbc_exec($connect, $query); while ($row = odbc_fetch_array($result)) { echo $row,"\n"; } odbc_close($connect); ?> This will output hostnames: host1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hazno
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query regarding date field in shell script

Hi, I wrote a simple shell script which accepts the input value yearmonth in the format YYYYMM and displays the date as YYYY-MM-DD.Day will be 01 always.Please find the code below #!/bin/ksh export yearmonth_date=$1 print_usage() { echo "usage: ${0##*/} <yearmonth_date> \n" \ ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kavithakuttyk
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convertion of Date Format using SQL query in a shell script

When I write Select date_field from TableA fetch first row only I am getting the output as 09/25/2009. I want to get the output in the below format 2009-09-25 i.e., MM-DD-YYYY. Please help (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinesh1985
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query Oracle tables and return values to shell script that calls the query

Hi, I have a requirement as below which needs to be done viz UNIX shell script (1) I have to connect to an Oracle database (2) Exexute "SELECT field_status from table 1" query on one of the tables. (3) Based on the result that I get from point (2), I have to update another table in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaeswari
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to execute Oracle query taking input from a file to form query

Hi, I need to query Oracle database for 100 users. I have these 100 users in a file. I need a shell script which would read this User file (one user at a time) & query database. For instance: USER CITY --------- ---------- A CITY_A B CITY_B C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting a date to friday date and finding Min/Max date

Dear all, I have 2 questions. I have a file with many rows which has date of the format YYYYMMDD. 1. I need to change the date to that weeks friday date(Ex: 20120716(monday) to 20120720). Satuday/Sunday has to be changed to next week friday date too. 2. After converting the date to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2001.arun
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query - date command

Hi, I am trying to capture the total run time of a script which contains SQL's by providing date command in top & bottom, it displaying both the times same in top & bottom.However the time in the sql connection is different.Please help. OS - LINUX Shell - ksh printf "Script Started at... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nag_sathi
3 Replies
CERTWATCH(1)						      Cryptography Utilities						      CERTWATCH(1)

NAME
certwatch - generate SSL certificate expiry warnings SYNOPSIS
certwatch [OPTION...] filename DESCRIPTION
The certwatch program is used to issue warning mail when an SSL certificate is about to expire. The program has two modes of operation: normal mode and quiet mode. In normal mode, the certificate given by the filename argument is examined, and a warning email is issued to standard output if the certificate is outside its validity period, or approaching expiry. If the certificate cannot be found, or any errors occur whilst parsing the certificate, the certificate is ignored and no output is produced. In quiet mode, no output is given, but the exit status can still be used. The certificate can be specified by its nickname or by a path to the containing file. OPTIONS
--quiet, -q Enable quiet mode; no output is produced whether the certificate is expired or not --period days, -p days Specify the number of days within which an expiry warning will be produced; default is 30. Expiry warnings are always produced if, on the day of invocation, the certificate is not yet valid, has already expired, or is due to expire either that day or the following day. --address address, -a address Specify the address used in the To field of the warning e-mail issued if quiet mode is not enabled. The default is root. --directory cert-directory, -d cert-directory Specify the database directory containing the certificate and key database files. The default is yet to be determined. DIAGNOSTICS
The exit code indicates the state of the certificate: 0 The certificate is outside its validity period, or approaching expiry 1 The certificate is inside its validity period, or could not be parsed NOTES
The certwatch program is run daily by crond from the file /etc/cron.daily/certwatch to generate warning mail concerning the imminent expiry of SSL certificates configured for use in the Apache HTTP server. These warnings can be disabled by adding the line: NOCERTWATCH=yes to the file /etc/sysconfig/httpd. Additional options to pass to certwatch can be specified in that file in the CERTWATCH_OPTS environment variable. FILES
/etc/cron.daily/certwatch, /etc/sysconfig/httpd SEE ALSO
genkey(1) crypto-utils 2.4.1 9 June 2014 CERTWATCH(1)