Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: doing own custom parameters
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting doing own custom parameters Post 302488412 by abubin on Monday 17th of January 2011 05:12:45 AM
Old 01-17-2011
doing own custom parameters

I have an rsync command that I want to create a variable where user can change to customize the parameters.

complete rsync command to run:
Code:
$RSYNC -e 'ssh -ax -o ClearAllForwardings=yes' --log-file=$LOG_FILE --delete -avzcr -u  --update $SRC_DIR $USER@$TRG_SRV:$TRG_DIR >> $LOG_FILE

What I want to do is separate our the parameters into a variable:
Code:
rsync_param="-e 'ssh -ax -o ClearAllForwardings=yes' --log-file=$LOG_FILE --delete -avzcr -u  --update"

Then I modify the rsync to run as below:
Code:
$RSYNC $rsync_param $SRC_DIR $USER@$TRG_SRV:$TRG_DIR >> $LOG_FILE

But it doesn't work. I get syntax error. But when I echo out the command, it is same as the original command.

Any idea how to solve this?

Last edited by Scott; 01-17-2011 at 07:00 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to custom application name in `ps -ef`?

A program named /usr/bin/aa.sh, two parameters: 11, 22. after start it, the row in `ps -ef` is almost like the following: root 12198 10278 0.0 Nov 25 pts/3 0:00.23 /usr/bin/aa.sh 11 22 but I want to change "/usr/bin/aa.sh 11 22" to one rule string, such as: "AA_11_22", how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: linkjack
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Custom pam module

Does anyone know how to create a custom pam module for modifying the login authentication procedure? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mhm4
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Custom PS command

(0 Replies)
Discussion started by: goldfish
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing ip in a custom way

Hi. I hope someone can help me. I have e very special question. I have a Lunix server and I have installed Webmin on it. This way, I can create a login for an other user and give him restricted access to some custom commands I set up. One of the commands i would like to setup, is for him to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wonderke
9 Replies

5. AIX

tuning network parameters : parameters not persist after reboot

Hello, On Aix 5.2, we changed the parameters tcp_keepinit, tcp_keepintvl and tcp_keepidle with the no command. tunrestore -R is present in inittab in the directory /etc/tunables we can clearly see the inclusion of parameters during reboot, including the file lastboot.log ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dantares
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

custom command

hi I am trying to make my own commands in my linux.I thought a command for changing directories will be easy. I made a simple file amd made the entries #!/bin/bash cd /opt/mydir I then made the file executable and then moved it to /usr/bin. But when i type the script name nothing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: born
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Custom Shell

I have a jump off server, which grants SSH access to a few other servers. I would like to create a custom shell which can be assigned to specific user accounts which runs a menu script upon login, where they can select which server they want to jump too, however should they hit ctrl-c or any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JayC89
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Custom nagios configuration

Hi, I want to configure nagios core with my own scripts.Default configuration has been done like ping,http,Root partition,..so on... But according to my requirement i have a script called cpumon.sh which will monitor the current cpu usage. I gone through below link but could not find out... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mastansaheb
1 Replies

9. Programming

Remote login UNIX box from java passing parameters to the custom script called in the profile

Hello Good Day / Guten Tag.... I have to login the server and the user profile contains some scripts which need the inputs to be taken from the keyboard. So I use the method to conn.authenticateWithKeyboardInteractive(username, new InteractiveCallback() { public String... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sanalkumaran
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Custom Report

Hi All, Am getting the raw report from the source and need to prepare the custom report as per the requirement. Requirement keep getting change according to the need. Raw data is as below /* ----------------- test_job_hu ----------------- */ insert_job: test_job_hu job_type: CMD... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeep84in
4 Replies
SVN::Notify::Mirror::Rsync(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   SVN::Notify::Mirror::Rsync(3pm)

NAME
SVN::Notify::Mirror::Rsync - Mirror a repository path via Rsync SYNOPSIS
Use svnnotify in post-commit: svnnotify --repos-path "$1" --revision "$2" --handler Mirror::Rsync --to "/path/to/local/htdocs" [--svn-binary /full/path/to/svn] --rsync-host remote_server [--rsync-delete=[yes|no]] [--rsync-dest "/path/on/remote/server"] [--rsync-args arg1 [--rsync-args arg2...]] [[--rsync-ssh] [--ssh-user remote_user] [--ssh-identity /home/user/.ssh/id_rsa]] or better yet, use SVN::Notify::Config for a more sophisticated setup: #!/usr/bin/perl -MSVN::Notify::Config=$0 --- #YAML:1.0 '': PATH: "/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin" 'path/in/repository': handler: Mirror to: "/path/to/www/htdocs" 'some/other/path/in/repository': handler: Mirror to: "/path/to/local/www/htdocs" rsync-host: "remote_host" rsync-dest: "/path/on/remote/www/htdocs" ssh-user: "remote_user" ssh-identity: "/home/user/.ssh/id_rsa" DESCRIPTION
Keep a directory in sync with a portion of a Subversion repository. Typically used to keep a development web server in sync with the changes made to the repository. This directory can either be on the same box as the repository itself, or it can be remote (via SSH connection). USAGE
Depending on whether the target is a "Local Mirror" or a Remote Mirror, there are different options available. All options are available either as a commandline option to svnnotify or as a hash key in SVN::Notify::Config (see their respective documentation for more details). Working Copy on Local host Because 'svn export' is not able to be consistently updated, the local rsync'd directory must be a full working copy. The remote server will only contain the ordinary files (no Subversion admin files). The files in the working copy must be writeable (preferrably owned) by the user identity executing the hook script (this is the user identity that is running Apache or svnserve respectively). Local Mirror Please see " SVN::Notify::Mirror " for details. Remote Mirror Used for directories not located on the same machine as the repository itself. Typically, this might be a production web server located in a DMZ, so special consideration must be paid to security concerns. In particular, the remote mirror server may not be able to directly access the repository box. o rsync-host This value is required and must be the hostname or IP address of the remote host (where the mirror directories reside). o rsync-delete The default mode of operation is to delete remote files which are not present in the local working copy. NOTE: this will delete any unversioned files in the remote directory tree. Unless you have all of your files under version control, you should pass the "--no-rsync-delete" or "--rsync-delete no" option. o rsync-dest This optional value specifies the path to update on the remote host. If you do not specify this value, the same path as passed in as the "--to" parameter will be used (this may not be what you meant to do). o rsync-args This optional parameter can be used to pass additional commandline options to the rsync command. You can use this multiple times in order to pass multiple options. The default args are "--archive --compress". See the "rsync-ssh" options for using SSH instead of RSH (rather than pass those commands via "--rsync-args" o rsync-ssh This optional parameter signals that you wish to use SSH instead of whatever the default remote shell program is configured in your copy of rsync. You may need to set one or more of the "ssh-*" parameters as well. o ssh-user If the remote user is different than the local user executing the postcommit script, you can specify it with this parameter. You would often use this in conjunction with the next parameter. o ssh-identity This value may be optional and should be the full path to the local identity file being used to authenticate with the remote host. If you are setting the ssh-user to be something other than the local user name, you will typically also have to set the ssh-identity. AUTHOR
John Peacock <jpeacock@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2005-2008 John Peacock This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. SEE ALSO
SVN::Notify, SVN::Notify::Config, SVN::Notify::Mirror perl v5.14.2 2012-07-04 SVN::Notify::Mirror::Rsync(3pm)